Bitwig launches Bitwig Studio on March 26, 2014
Bitwig has announced that it will launch its Bitwig Studio software on March 26th, 2014.
BITWIG STUDIO is a new and innovative music creation, recording, and performance software that supports all three major computing platforms: Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Combining traditional arrangement sequencing with modern performance-oriented clip launching workflows, BITWIG STUDIO is the ultimate solution for realizing all your musical ideas across every stage of production.
BITWIG STUDIO offers a state-of-the-art audio engine under the hood, with full multi-processing support, a unified modulation system, 32/64-bit VST plugin bridging, and VST plugin crash protection.
BITWIG STUDIO comes with over 50 included devices. Conventional Instruments (Polysynth, FM-4, Organ, Sampler and analog-style Drum Modules) and FX (Delays, Equalizers, Compressors), as well as Container devices (to build parallel instrument or effect chains), Note FX, and Modulator devices (additional controllers like LFOs, envelope followers and step sequencers for modulating any other device). Extend this collection with your favorite VST effects and instruments, and use them side by side with BITWIG STUDIO internal devices.
Bitwig Studio features
- Cross-platform DAW (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux).
- Intuitive non-linear sequencing for the studio and beyond.
- Full multi-core and multi-processor support.
- VST 2.4 support with built-in 32/64-bit bridging and plug-in crash protection.
- Proprietary time-stretching technology.
- Multi-display support for up to 3 displays.
- Tabbed document interface for multiple projects open at once with drag-and-drop between them.
- Over 50 included devices, including conventional Instruments (Polysynth, FM-4, Organ, Sampler and analog-style Drum Modules) and FX (Delays, Equalizers, Compressors), as well as Container devices (to build parallel instrument or effect chains), Note FX, and Modulator devices (additional controllers like LFOs and step sequencers for modulating any other device)..
- Unified Modulation System: Use Macro Controls, Note Expressions, LFOs, and Envelope Followers to modulate any device parameter, including nested internal devices and even VST plug-ins.
- Advanced layered editing.
- Note and Audio expressions, including per-note Micro-Pitch Control.
- Dynamic Object Inspector: Select multiple notes or events and edit them together with the interactive parameter histogram, easily adding variations as you go.
- Automatic sample slicing to both Sampler or Drum Machine.
- Multiple audio events per clip: Automatically cut up samples and rearrange them on the fly in the Detail Editor.
- Dedicated Device Panel Mappings with color-coded knobs and buttons for an overview at a glance.
- Support for various MIDI controllers out of the box.
- Sound Content: Over one thousand presets and sounds, 3 GB of factory content: Drum Machines (808, 909… Percussion), Acoustic Drums, multi-sampled instruments like Wurlitzer, Rhodes, Vibraphone, Marimba, Acoustic and Electric Bass, Sampled Drum and Instrument loops, Various Sound FX, and additional partner content.
- Open Controller API: Create and customize functionality for virtually any MIDI controller, including scripting access to nearly every feature of BITWIG STUDIO.
Upon release, Bitwig Studio will be available to purchase for $449.99 USD (MSRP)/$399.99 USD (MAP)/329 EUR. The download version will cost $399 USD/299 EUR.
Bitwig will showcase its debut product during the Winter NAMM 2014 in Anaheim (Hall C, Booth 5000).
Bitwig staff will be available for product demonstrations, and to answer questions regarding BITWIG STUDIO. Attendees will get a first look at the possibilities using the Open Controller API included in BITWIG STUDIO, which allows for custom controller integration above and beyond standard static midi control templates.
Bitwig’s partners Nektar, Livid Instruments and Novation are among the first to offer products that not only work with standard note and controller input, but offer a deeper integration within BITWIG STUDIO. Dedicated mixer control, clip launching, step-sequencing, device navigation and dynamic device parameter mappings – Bitwig’s Open Controller scripting API offers unprecedented possibilities to integrate hardware and software. The API, documentation and the scripts are accessible to everyone, from the end user to third party companies.
More information: Bitwig