Boomplug BoomComb, MIDI tuneable comb filter effect
Boomplug has released BoomComb, a MIDI tuneable comb filter perfect for creating similar effects to a flanger or for spicing up synthetic drums.
Now you may ask what is a comb filter? Well a comb filter a delay based effect where it feedsback a delayed version of itself. Because of this it can create an effect similar to a flanger and can also give resonation type effects. The delay time of the comb is specified in Hz rather than time this allows the delay time can also be set via MIDI input from the key pressed and the pitch can also be bent using the pitch wheel, this allows the effect to be played like an instrument.
In the feedback loop of the effect is a damping filter which allows you to soften the sound of the comb. There is also Saturation in the feedback loop which can also be overdriven to really dirty up the sound. You can also control how much of signal is feedback and with more feedback the effect will resonate more.
Finally the the input to the comb can mixed mixed with the output of the comb and is set by the dry/wet knob.
Boomplug BoomComb V1
- Tuneable Comb Filter controlled via MIDI or knob.
- Damping Filter in Feedback to reduce the harmonics or resonation.
- Saturation in feedback loop for really dirtying a sound or to be used subtly to add character.
- Custom GUI designed by Leonard “paniq” Ritter.
- Uses custom GUI Framework using the latest Windows Drawing API.
BoomComb is available to download as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows. It comes in two versions:
- GUI version of BoomComb for Win Vista SP2, Win 7 and above.
- Non GUI version for Windows XP.
More information: Boomplug