Cockos releases Reaper 4 digital audio workstation software
Cockos has released Reaper 4, a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment for Windows and Mac.
REAPER updates are evolutionary, not revolutionary. REAPER 4 is not a radically new experience from REAPER 3, but adds a number of useful new features, ease of use improvements, and even more of that legendary REAPER customizability.
Changes in Reaper 4
- Tweak, correct, and mangle audio with pitch envelopes, which can be applied to individual media items.
- Create fully automated surround mixes with multichannel track metering and the highly flexible ReaSurround plug-in. Apply rotations, transformations, and diffusions, and even automate the positions of the speakers themselves.
- Batch rendering wildcards provide sound designers with unprecedented flexibility when generating sound files in bulk.
- Manage project media and FX with the Project Bay, where you can collect, organize, and edit a list of resources that you are using, or might use, for different types of projects.
- More Customizable – Arrange REAPER’s windows and toolbars in multiple dockers, redefine your mouse behavior with mouse modifiers, and use the new WALTER layout template engine to create flexible custom layouts for track/transport/mixer GUI elements.
- Take comping is more predictable, with takes remaining aligned by recording pass, even after splitting and deleting errors.
- Previewing and inserting media is easier, because you can highlight, loop, and insert subsections of media files.
- Switch between different MIDI clips more easily in the MIDI editor. Pool MIDI items so that editing one item edits all pooled copies. Define scales and chords for quickly painting runs and arpeggios.
- Check the changelog for full details: What’s new
Reaper 4 is available to purchase for $225 USD (full commercial license) / $60 USD (discounted license).
More information: Reaper