discoDSP releases Vertigo for Mac
discoDSP has announced the release of Vertigo for Mac, a virtual synthesizer plug-in.
Vertigo is a 256 oscillators additive synth with resynthesis and sound morphing. It imports WAV audio and PNG images and offers a very accurate recreation of complex musical phrases, drumloops, speech and simple tones. The full version includes 128 presets.
- Up to 16 voices polyphony.
- 256 breakpoints parabolic envelopes with stage slope control.
- Partials (Oscillators)
- Euler generated (Max: -120dB s/noise ratio) (no wavetables used).
- Up to 256 per voice.
- 2 Modulation sources with morphing.
- Note pitch shift amount.
- Frequency ratio.
- Freq./amp envelope (see Envelope above).
- Synthesis options
- Harmonize (Harmonic/Odd Harmonic vocoder).
- Phase smearing.
- Frequency smearing (ensemble).
- Classic waveform generator assistant (Saw/Square/Triangle/2X Saw/Square/Triangle).
- -24dB/Oct modes: Lowpass/Hipass/Bandpass/Notch.
- -12dB/Oct modes: Lowpass/Hipass.
- Cutoff envelope.
- Wheel/Key/Velocity modulation amounts for cutoff.
- Wheel/Velocity modulation amounts for resonance.
- Two resonant filters (serial/parallel mode).
- Pitch envelope.
- Amplitude envelope.
- Pitch bend control
- Mono Effects
- Distortion (8 times oversampled overdrive with soft clip).
- Phaser (up to 128 taps).
- Equalizer (8 bands).
- Stereo Effects
- Resynthesis and Sampling
- WAV PCM analysis and bitmap import.
- 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192 FFT frame sizes.
- 4 Windows: Bartlett, Hamming, Hanning, and Blackman.
Vertigo for Mac OS X is available now in Audio Unit and VST instrument formats for Intel-based Macs only (i.e. not PPC), priced at 75 EUR / $99 USD.
More information: discoDSP