elysia has announced the release of the xfilter 500, a true stereo EQ in 500 series format.
The xfilter 500 is a true linked stereo EQ in the 500 series format. It gives you the expensive sound of an all class-A equalizer in a surprisingly affordable package, with a precise stereo image based on computer-selected, stepped potentiometers and low tolerance film capacitors.
This EQ is serious about flexibility. It offers high and low shelf bands which can be switched into high and low cut filters with resonance, two mid peak filters with wide and narrow Q, plus additional passive LC stages with shielded coils for a glorious top end.
With its exceptionally open sound, straight transient projection and solid punch, the xfilter is the perfect match for your xpressor – or any other piece of delicious outboard gear!
xfilter 500 features
- 100% Class-A Topology — Discrete input, output and mix stages plus the complete audio path running in constant class-A mode are the basis for an exceptionally transparent, wide and open sounding EQ.
- True Stereo Operation — As one of the few exceptions in the market, the xfilter 500 processes both of its channels with just one set of controllers – a true stereo linked EQ.
- Resonance High & Low Cut Filters — The shelving filters can be switched into high and low cut filters with an additional resonance peak. Not ordinary, but extremely useful.
- Switchable Filter Quality — The quality of the peak filters can be switched from a wide to a narrow Q factor which remains independent from the setting of the gain controller.
- Additional Passive High-Band — The beautiful sheen only passive filters can deliver… the xfilter 500 has it all. An additional LC filter with shielded coils gives you the ‘Passive Massage’.
- Stepped Controllers — All potentiometers on the xfilter 500 have 41 steps, which is a great help for recalling your previous sessions fast and precisely.
- Computer-Selected Potentiometers — Every single dual and quad layer pot we buy is measured with custom computer routines, and only the good ones go into production.
- Special Low Tolerance Capacitors — The special series of film caps used for the xfilter 500 performs twice as good as the industry standard in terms of component tolerance.
- Ground Layer Shield — One of the four layers of both PCBs is a full copper plane which helps to reduce interferences caused by electric fields.
The xfilter 500 is available to purchase fro $975 USD MAP ($1,049 MSRP) / 649 EUR ex. VAT where applicable.