Expert Sleepers has released version 2.1.0 of Silent Way, the suite of plug-ins designed for use with analogue synthesisers.
The plug-ins produce no sound themselves, nor do they process sound – rather, they generate signals to be used as control voltages (CVs), which can be patched into the control inputs of oscillators, filters, VCAs etc. of an analogue system. Also, with the addition of the CV Input plug-in, it is possible to bring CVs from the synth into the computer, for recording or processing.
Changes in Silent Way v2.1.0
- Added a new plug-in: Silent Way Function. SW Function applies simple mathematical operations to incoming CVs. It is intended to be particularly useful in conjunction with the forthcoming ES-6 and ES-7 modules.
- Added “Calibrated” mode to Silent Way Follower, allowing it to use calibration profiles generated in SW Voice Controller, for accurate pitch tracking from incoming audio to your analogue VCOs.
- Added “Transport2” sync mode to Silent Way LFO. Like the existing Transport mode, but stops when the host transport stops.
- Added a “Transfer” button to Silent Way Soundplane and Silent Way Follower, allowing one click transfer of a calibration from Voice Controller to another plug-in that uses is, without having to save the calibration to disk and load it back in.
- Added support for the Expert Sleepers ES-5 module to Silent Way Sync.
- Added sustain pedal support to Silent Way Voice Controller.
- Fixed a bug that would cause Silent Way Follower to lock up the host application.
Silent Way is available to purchase for $59 USD. The update is free for existing users. Note: the AAX version of v2.1.0 is done but not yet uploaded, pending some final testing. Please continue to use the v2.0.3 AAX version for now.