Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
GForce releases Virtual String Machine
The VSM is a simple but highly powerful Virtual String Machine which captures many of the sounds from this genre of instruments, containing a wealth of sounds from a small mountain of classic and rare string machines. These range from the first commercial string ensembles (Eminent 310 & Freeman String Symphonizer) through to the highly lauded Solina, Elka Rhapsody, Logan String Melody, Korg PE2000 and many more
Virtual String Machine features
- Sounds from 17 classic and rare string machines
- Over 2.5Gb of data
- 66 individual sample sets
- 49 notes, each individually sampled and looped
- Dual Layer & Split Keyboard capability
- Vintage style Ensemble & Phaser effects
- Filter section with Lowpass, Bandpass & Highpass modes
- Two Envelope Generators
- Pitch LFO
- Dynamic control including filter aftertouch
- 500+ Patch library
Virtual String Machine is available for Windows PC (VST/RTAS) and Mac OSX (VST/RTAS/AU), and costs $129 USD.
Visit GForce for more information and video/audio demos.