Hal Leonard publishes the 2nd Edition of Engineering & Producing
Hal Leonard Books has published Engineering & Producing, the second edition of the fifth book in the Hal Leonard Recording Method by Bill Gibson.
The first four books of the Hal Leonard Recording Method cover microphones, mixers, recording vocals and instrument; working with samples and loops, and modern sequencers, along with how digital recording software and plug-ins work in the studio.
This edition takes a giant step forward, examining modern concerns of engineers and producers. This detailed guide addresses some of the most important new considerations, such as social media, aggregators, making money in the current business climate, earning royalties from streaming and Internet radio stations, professional organizations and songwriter affiliations, and more.
See what it takes to be a great producer, and learn how to inspire awesome performances; pick up some tricks for selecting the best tracks to keep in your session, and discover what it takes to develop a production plan.
The accompanying DVD-ROM provides several detailed screen shots, illustrations, and video and audio examples. If you study this method and practice the included techniques, you’ll be well on your way to rounding out your recording education and producing great sounding recordings.
New in Engineering & Producing 2nd Edition
- Extensive use of QR Codes, which link directly to associated websites and resources via your smart device’s QR Code readers. This expands the content of the book far beyond the printed page.
- New and updated media examples included wherever appropriate.
- Loads of new material about changes in the audio industry and what it takes to engineer and produce today.
- What engineers and producers need to know about new delivery systems, social networking, marketing, independent releases, the current state of the major label world, and more.
- Multiple appendices that provide substantial industry resources, musicians’ associations, and other tools for the modern engineer and producer.
The book is available to purchase for $39.99 USD.