Hollow Sun has released RMI Electrapiano, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The samples employed in Hollow Sun’s RMI Electrapiano come courtesy of one Justin Casey in the US who took them from his own RMI Electrapiano 368. He very sensibly sampled each ‘tab’ separately thereby providing access to the PIANO, PIANO PP, HARPSI, HARPSI PP, LUTE and ACCENTER thus providing an opportunity, using Kontakt’s scripting, to totally recreate the instrument as authentically as possible with each tab switchable individually to mix and match and combine the different sounds.
But of course, the sound of the actual Electrapiano itself was only half the picture – its famous users of yesteryear shoved their RMIs through all manner of effects pedals such as distortion, phase shifters, echo, etc., so, again, an opportunity to recreate that using Kontakt’s on-board multi-effects.
Hollow Sun’s Electrapiano also brings modern twists to the instrument such as presets and the ability for users to store their own presets.
RMI Electrapiano features
- Authentic front panel; combine piano, harpsichord & lute.
- ‘Accenter’ separately switchable.
- 44kHz/24-bit samples for each note.
- Presets plus user preset function.
- Distortion, cab sim, chorus, phase shifter and echo multiFX.
- Convolved reverb including springs, rooms, halls, etc.
The RMI Electrapiano for Kontakt is available to purchase for $25 USD.