Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Homegrown Sounds releases Black Magic (beta)
Homegrown Sounds has released a beta version of Black Magic, a unique loop workstation with the ability to generate diverse loops with a single mouse click.
Furthermore a loop can instantly be recorded out to WAV, automatically named by BPM and timestamp. The idea developed to make sample based loops an easy and fun process, as loop creation is generally a time consuming process.
Black Magic features
- Virtual instrument for Windows, can also be used as a standard midi drum machine and also has the ability to jam with the individual sequences in real time.
- 10 Samplers each with its own sequencer and many adjustable parameters.
- Uses standard WAV files and ships with a large library of samples, features custom user sample import.
- Effects: compressor/limiter, delay, soundscaper, flanger/filter and drive.
- Modulation options including randomizers, a modulation sequencer and an LFO.
Black Magic is currently available for a pre-order price of £65 GBP (you will get instant access to the current beta version). The official release will be available on 24 April, 2009 for £130 GBP.
Visit Homegrown Sounds for more information.