Ilya Efimov releases Retro Bass for Kontakt
Ilya Efimov has released Retro Bass, a virtual Fender Bass Guitar ’52 instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The playing techniques included in a single patch – fingered, slap, palm-mute and additional articulations – allow the user to edit their MIDI data or play in real-time. By minimizing the use of keyswitches, the instrument has been designed to be simple and intuitive to use. A sophisticated algorithm to select strings in real time, automatically selects the natural bass guitar left-hand position on the fretboard. Manual string and position selection are also available.
The library’s repetition keys are designed to make it easy to play realistic ostinato bass-lines. FX glissando will add to the realism of bass guitar parts. Multiple legato types are changed automatically, depending on the first note played.
Included, are several Legato modes, Open String mode, Chord Detection mode and X-note mode.
Retro Bass features
- 1.17 GB ncw compression format.
- 3,346 samples / 24-bit / 44.1 kHz.
- Up to 12 velocity layers, 20 frets on each string with round-robin algorithm.
- Fingered, Pick, Slap (Thumb & Pop) in one patch.
- Different natural legato for Fingered, Pick and Slap articulations.
- Thumb and Pop slap articulation, with Auto and Manual selection.
- Auto and Manual String and Position Selection.
- Attack control.
- Slide-ups, Flageolets, X-notes (three modes for x-note performance).
- Repetition keys for X-notes and last articulations.
- Realistic glissando note-to-note.
- AMP cabinet and Bass tone effects.
- Multiple FX and Noises (strokes, fret noises, releases).
- User presets.
The Retro Bass library costs 99 EUR. Full version of Kontakt 4.2.4+ required.