Gavin Murray from the London School of Sound has released LSS DJeq, a freeware equalizer plugin designed specifically to emulate the controls found on the best DJ mixers.
- Rotary controls for Low, Mid and High frequencies.
- Dedicated Kill switches.
- Optimized for live performance, with large buttons and knobs easy to read and grab even with a laptop track-pad.
- EQ range has been specifically designed to allow for traditional DJ use, with a range that goes from complete cut to + 6dB.
Note: While the plugin might work in other VST-compatible hosts, the LSS DJeq is the result of user feedback from the Ableton Live courses at the London School of Sound, and as such it was meant only as a plugin for Ableton Live.
LSS DJeq requires the Pluggo runtime from Cycling ’74 (free).
Visit the London School of Sound website for more information and a link to download LSS DJeq.
David E Ross has updated two of his free VST effect plug-ins: DJEQ (now v3), a 3-band DJ style EQ and Notch (now v2), a Notch Filter.
Updated in DJEQ v3
- Added the ability to update internal sample rate when host sample rate changes
- Added automaitc disabling of DJEQ with sample rates below 44.1khZ
- New better response filter algorithms for Low, mid and high filters
- Precise -96dB to 6dB gain adjust
- Frequency adjust added for each band
- Reset button added to quickly reset all controls to default, level response values
- Created a new larger and brighter GUI
- Filter algorithms created for both float precision and double precision processing
Updated in Notch v2
- Added a control for Gain -48dB to 0dB
- Added a reset button
- Added a new GUI
Visit David E Ross for more information and links to download the latest versions of DJEQ and Notch.
David Ross has updated 3 of his VST effect plug-ins to VST2.4.
A bug that was occurring when the GUI was closed is fixed for Peaking Filter Banks and DJEQ. Furthermore EQ18 was updated with a Q control for each band allowing for improved control over EQ’ing.
David Ross’ other plug-ins are scheduled to be updated to VST2.4 in the near future as well.
Visit David Ross’ website for more information and links to download the updated plug-ins.
David Ross updates DJEQ, a DJ style equalizer plug-in.
According to David this new version cuts a lot better and the filters are very clean.
- 3 band DJ Style E
- Low, Mid, High Gain control
- Low, Mid, High kill switches
Also, Notch filter has been recently updated. The filter width is now controlled directly in Hertz, instead of using Q factor.
Check David Ross‘ website for more information and links to download DJEQ and Notch filter.