Gavin Murray from the London School of Sound has released LSS DJeq, a freeware equalizer plugin designed specifically to emulate the controls found on the best DJ mixers.
- Rotary controls for Low, Mid and High frequencies.
- Dedicated Kill switches.
- Optimized for live performance, with large buttons and knobs easy to read and grab even with a laptop track-pad.
- EQ range has been specifically designed to allow for traditional DJ use, with a range that goes from complete cut to + 6dB.
Note: While the plugin might work in other VST-compatible hosts, the LSS DJeq is the result of user feedback from the Ableton Live courses at the London School of Sound, and as such it was meant only as a plugin for Ableton Live.
LSS DJeq requires the Pluggo runtime from Cycling ’74 (free).
Visit the London School of Sound website for more information and a link to download LSS DJeq.
David Ross has created a number of freeware VST effect plug-ins for Windows PC.
Unfortunately David does not currently have a website, so you can download the plug-ins from this page.
David Ross plug-ins
- Peaking Filter Banks—resonating peaking filter banks
- EQ10—10 band graphic equalizer (v1 + v2)
- EQ18—18 band graphic equalizer (v1 + v2)
- DJEQ—3 band DJ style EQ (v2 + v3)
- HollyQ—two tone shelving equalizer
- EQ3a—3 band parametric equalizer
- Fazer—phase shifter
- Notch Filter—high performance notch filter (v1 + v2)
Download all of them in one package below.
David Ross VST plug-insDownload size: 1.63 MB
Check earlier posts on David’s plug-ins for more information.
David E Ross has updated two of his free VST effect plug-ins: DJEQ (now v3), a 3-band DJ style EQ and Notch (now v2), a Notch Filter.
Updated in DJEQ v3
- Added the ability to update internal sample rate when host sample rate changes
- Added automaitc disabling of DJEQ with sample rates below 44.1khZ
- New better response filter algorithms for Low, mid and high filters
- Precise -96dB to 6dB gain adjust
- Frequency adjust added for each band
- Reset button added to quickly reset all controls to default, level response values
- Created a new larger and brighter GUI
- Filter algorithms created for both float precision and double precision processing
Updated in Notch v2
- Added a control for Gain -48dB to 0dB
- Added a reset button
- Added a new GUI
Visit David E Ross for more information and links to download the latest versions of DJEQ and Notch.
David Ross updates DJEQ, a DJ style equalizer plug-in.
According to David this new version cuts a lot better and the filters are very clean.
- 3 band DJ Style E
- Low, Mid, High Gain control
- Low, Mid, High kill switches
Also, Notch filter has been recently updated. The filter width is now controlled directly in Hertz, instead of using Q factor.
Check David Ross‘ website for more information and links to download DJEQ and Notch filter.
David Ross has updated 3 of his VST effect plug-ins to VST2.4.
A bug that was occurring when the GUI was closed is fixed for Peaking Filter Banks and DJEQ. Furthermore EQ18 was updated with a Q control for each band allowing for improved control over EQ’ing.
David Ross’ other plug-ins are scheduled to be updated to VST2.4 in the near future as well.
Visit David Ross’ website for more information and links to download the updated plug-ins.
David Ross has released Peaking Filter Banks, a freeware VST plug-in effect featuring three separate banks each consisting of 12 peaking filters. Features 3 banks of Peaking Filters – Resonators Master tune, fine tune Control … read more
David Ross has released version 2 of EQ10, a freeware parametric EQ VST plugin. Features 10 Band Equalizer Gain from -12 to +12db Numeric displays Reset button No idea what changed exactly since v1, except … read more
Steinberg has announced the release of Cubase 6.5, a significant update to its award-winning music production system. With new VST synthesizers, effects and enhancements that boost productivity and extend the already formidable feature set of … read more
Outbound link: Steinberg
– Related: Cubase
Posted in news
on Feb 29, 2012 - 1 comment
Gavin Murray from the London School of Sound has released LSS DJeq, a
freeware equalizer plugin designed specifically to emulate the controls found on
Related: Posted in on
HoRNet Plugins has announced 3XOver, a DJ-style equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. The HoRNet 3XOver is a very peculiar plugin since it’a half a DJ eq, half a three band crossover with selectable … read more