Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Insert Piz Here updates Mr. Alias Pro to v2.3
Insert Piz Here has released version 2.3 of Mr. Alias Pro, a virtual synthesizer instrument plug-in for Windows PC.
Mr. Alias 2 uses non-bandlimited oscillators which can be transposed near to and beyond the Nyquist frequency, causing most of their spectra to be aliased back into audible non-harmonic frequencies. The sound can then be further processed by a number of crude “effects.”
Changes in Mr. Alias Pro v2.3
- Added standalone version.
- Added demo version.
- Added on/off switch for Auto Randomizer.
- Added audio input envelope follower.
- Fixed zipper noise on main volume knob.
- Added oscillator pitch/octave as mod destination (for “vibrato”, etc).
- Increased LFO depth.
- Added program numbers to dropdown box.
- Minor fixes to mod matrix.
- Went back to JUCE 1.46 for AU version (due to GUI problem in Numerology).
- Memory usage improvements.
- Fixed no sound/no skinned GUI problems on some Macs.
Mr. Alias Pro is available as a donationware instrument for PC and Mac (VST/AU).