J1000 updates PQ33 parametric equalizer effect plug-in to v1.3
J1000 has updated the PQ33 freeware equalizer effect plug-in to version 1.3.
PQ33 is a freeware VST equalizer based on RND Portico 5033 hardware unit with two additional pass filters. Other than that, it has the same layout of elements, very similar frequency ranges for all filters, same gain operational levels and Q factors. It is intended for use during mixing and tracking, but it can also be used for simple mastering tasks.
Changes in PQ33 v1.3
- Each of seven filters can be turned off by clicking on its label.
- Switchable slope for low-pass filter between 1st, 2nd and 4th order.
- Real Q factor values instead of relative.
- New shelving filters with more symmetrical knob response for frequency.
- High-shelf filter has two predefined slopes – Q1 and Q2.
- Slightly sharper Q factors for peak filters.
- New knob design and some smaller cosmetic changes.
PQ33 is available to download as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows.
More information: J1000