Note: this post is from 2006, outbound links may be broken.
Jeff Larson releases Möbius v1.2.6
Jeff Larson has updated Möbius to version 1.2.6.
Möbius is a program for the real-time creation and manipulation of audio loops. It has functionality based on the venerable Echoplex Digital Pro with Loop IV software.
Möbius is essentially 8 synchronized stereo EDP’s with the ability to copy loops and timing between them. Extensive MIDI and computer keyboard control is available. Audio content may be saved to and loaded from files.
New in v1.26
- General Reset and Global Reset also return the track control levels to 100%
- Clear function erases the contents of the loop but leaves it the same length
- Instant Multiply 2, Instant Multiply 3, Instant Multiply 4 perform an immediate 3x, 3x, or 4x multiply of the loop without having to wait through a multiply mode
- Pitch, Rate, Reverse now have transfer modes. When set to “Remember” the previous state will be restored whenever a loop is triggered
- Minor mode functions Speed, Reverse, Rate, Pitch, and Overdub will be stacked on the same quantization point rather than rather than being scheduled at the next point, allows you to perform Reverse and Speed at the same time
- Pitch and rate functions performed during the quantization period will modify the previously scheduled pitch/rate event rather than scheduling a new one
- Reverse, Half Speed, Rate Shift, and Pitch Shift will not take you out of Mute mode, allowing you to setup the desired playback mode before unmuting
- Pause is now a function that doesn’t depend on MuteMode
- Mobius fails to start when the “Number” component was selected in the main track controls
- Occasional inconsistencies in the display when using keyboard commands rapidly (selected track doesn’t match or two tracks selected)
- SpeedSyncAdjust not working if the track isn’t the master track
- Premature retrigger when going into half-speed (SpeedSyncAdjust not working properly)
- Incorrect track modes after bounce recording (Track shows Mute or Play when it is actually Reset)
- Unable to change selected loop after loading a loop, more generally, unable to change selected loop after entering a “pause mute”
- Crash binding a CC pedal to RateShift and PitchShift
- Scripts: immediately ending an Insert with another Insert wasn’t inserting a cycle
- Clicks in stuttered cycles with Stutter function or InsertMode=Stutter