Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Justin Robert releases Mothman 1000
Justin Robert has released the Mothman 1000, a free software synthersizer plug-in for Windows.
Mothman 1000 features
- 2 Osc: subtractive analog oscillator and a phase distortion oscillator.
- Modulating LFO / HFOs (low and high frequency) and VCFs for each oscillator.
- VCF 1 includes an ADSR input section.
- The high frequency modulation creates FM synthesis type sounds. Mixing this with the phase distortion and subtractive sounds makes for a lot of possibilities.
- The L(H)FO on OSC 1 is routed to the amp section of OSC 1 and the L(H)FO of OSC 2 is routed to the modulation depth of OSC 2, playing with this can create very interesting ring modulation and FM type sounds.
- 32 built in presets that range from warm pads, Casio emulation, metallic craziness, warm analog basses and drums.
Mothman 1000 is available as a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC.
More information: Justin Robert