Klanghelm releases free IVGI saturation plugin
Klanghelm has announced the release of IVGI, a freeware saturation and distoration effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
IVGI can deliver very soft and subtle saturation, that feels at home on the master buss. It is equally capable of very dense and dirty distortion effects to spice up single tracks.
IVGI’s base sound is comparable to the DESK mode in the upcoming big brother SDRR.
Just as SDRR, IVGI reacts dynamically to the input signal. Even the modelled fluctuations react dynamically and also change depending on the drive setting, so that it doesn’t get in the way of the SOUND. Stereo tracks benefit from it’s modelled crosstalk behaviour. Just as its big brother SDRR, IVGI features a “Controlled Randomness”, which determines the internal drift and variance inside the unit. It contributes to the livelyness and realness of IVGI’s saturation character. All internal processes are modulated to some extent to make this possible.
- IVGI reacts dynamically to the input.
- No to very low aliasing even at extreme settings.
- Variable noise modelling (program material and settings dependent) to avoid the noise getting in the way of the sound.
- 4 x oversampling.
- 7 samples of latency.
- Adjustable frequency dependency.
- “CONTROLLED RANDOMNESS”: every internal process is modulated to a certain extent to simulate drift, variance and internal fluctuations.
- Special designed super smooth and unobtrusive high shelving filter to brighten up sounds.
- Adjustable asymmetry of the saturation giving control over harmonic content and also transparency of the saturation.
- Smooth compression characteristics.
- Accurate VU metering of input and output.
- Unique RMS output-input difference VU mode for easy level matching.
- Low memory footprint.
The IVGI plug-in is available as freeware for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS).