Note: this post is from 2006, outbound links may be broken.
Klanglabs releases Daft Funk v1.0
Klanglabs has released Daft Funk, a freeware glitch accelerator VST effect plug-in.
- X-Y panel: X controls speed, Y controls LowPass Filter and volumen optionally
- Mode: “Pitched” means the wave will be resampled as speed is beeing modulated. “Grainy” means the wave will not change pitch but the grains will change size as speed is beeing modulated
- Sync mode: “BPM” or “Free”
- Note subdivision selector
- Y->Vol (Y value to Volume) button
- Zero – X: Useful only in “Grainy” mode, this parameter is useful to avoid clicks, but if you want to go very fast you better untick this option, otherwise you’ll hear an artifact in where the pitch transitions aren’t smooth on very high frequencies
- X and Y spring buttons: Enable disable spring release on them
- Smooth knob: This smooths out the X and Y values, high values result on slow response to quick movements, useful to make slow sweeps such as on one Daft Punk famous song
- Grain size knob: When in “Free” mode (opposed to BPM) you can specify the grain size here
Visit Klanglabs for more information and a link to download Daft Funk v1.0.