Kong Audio has released ChineeLiuQin, a sampled willow mandolin instrument for Windows.
LiuQin is a grassroot folk instrument which was originally popular in some provinces of China for the last two centuries. LiuQin was a simple and rough instrument at the begining, and it was once referred to as “the plebs’ Pipa” due to its lack of refinement – yet it is much closer to the true rural life. The structure of today’s LiuQin has been redesigned in the mid-20th century. With the improved physical form, plus its higher pitch scale and its Western Mandolin-like acoustic effect, LiuQin has become a prominent instrument in today’s Chinese classical circle.
- 178 MB meticulously crafted and arranged sample sets.
- Powered by the all-new native QIN engine.
- Windows XP/VISTA/Windows 7. 512mb RAM. NO 64-bit HOST support (Still can be used in 32-bit hosts under 64-bit Windows OS).
- Works in VSTi compatible 32-bit hosts.
- All samples are recorded in 1-bit/2.8 MHz.
ChineeLiuQin is now available to purchase for the introductory price of $48 USD.