Leslie Sanford releases Sanford Auto Filter
Leslie Sanford has released Sanford Auto Filter, a freeware auto filter VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
An auto filter uses an envelope follower to track the dynamics of your playing. It uses these dynamics to modulate the filter’s cutoff frequency. The effect is much like a “wah-wah” pedal only instead of you controlling the filter manually, the auto filter takes care of modulating the filter for you. The harder/louder you play a note, the more the filter opens up. As the note fades, the filter slowly closes. This effects adds an element of expression to your playing.
Sanford Auto Filter features
- Three filter types: Lowpass, Highpass, and Bandpass.
- Two modulation sources can be used at the same time.
- Envelope follower can have negative polarity to create an “ow” effect.
- The LFO can be synchronized to the tempo.
- The LFO has a spread mode that enhances a stereo effect.
- Several MIDI controllers can be used as modulation sources.
Visit Leslie Sanford Sound Design for more information.