Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
LinPlug updates SaxLab to v2.0.2
LinPlug has released version 2.0.2 of SaxLab 2, a virtual saxophone instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
This update fixes a few smaller bugs and mainly the ECS (MIDI Learn) not working.
SaxLab 2 features
- Many different sound sets for the various saxophone instruments.
- Monophonic with “real sax” behaviour.
- Adjustable mix of the “Air” layer, the “Keys” layer and the main tonal layer.
- User-definable, velocity-sensitive amplitude envelope.
- Tonal characteristics of the instrument’s overall sound can be defined by the user.
- Real-time control of the instrument’s amplitude, brightness, the amount of room and the “roaring” of the sound.
- Three modes of mono performance: Legato, Retrigger and Alternate.
- Separate control of Up/Down PitchBend and Scoop.
- Adjustable pitch, air and body frequency deviation per note.
- Envelope, LFO and MIDI-controlled vibrato and tremolo.
- Specialized stereo chorus and stereo reverb effects.
- Full Micro Tuning capability (loads TUN files).
- MidiLearn available for every control.
- Sample accurate timing, full automation and settings are saved with the song.
SaxLab is available at a special price in November, for only 99 EUR (normal price 149 EUR) or $129 USD (normal price $199 USD).
Visit LinPlug for more information.