LushOne Modular Synthesizer Kit
Iain Sharp’s LushOne synth kit is designed to provide the core functions of a modular synthesizer in a low-cost single board design.
With the LushOne kit you can experience the strange, fun world of modular synthesizers without breaking the bank.
The idea for the LushOne occurred when I was thinking about buying a modular synth but couldn’t bring myself to pay what they cost. I thought “wouldn’t it be good if someone would make an equivalent a Sinclair computer for the modular synth world?”. I tried to design a modular synth that stripped out all the costs while providing an instrument that is cheap and flexible to allow people to get started without a big commitment. The LushOne is the implementation of this vision.
- Modules connected by patch leads (3 leads included in kit) to allow many combinations and to allow interconnect of external modules.
- Dual digital oscillators with five wave shapes to provide stable tuning and a range of Low Frequency Oscillator (LFO) effects.
- Analog voltage controlled low pass filter with cut-off and resonance controls to create classic synth sounds.
- MIDI DIN input to oscillators to allow LushOne to be played from commonly available keyboards and computer controllers.
- Analog control voltage inputs to filter and oscillators to support alternative controllers and crazy external effects.
- Single board design including all controls and connectors (except power-in) providing straightforward construction and neat presentation. The LushOne can easily be incorporated in to a “project box” case.
- Detailed illustrated and video tutorials that introduce all the key features and show how the different modules work and how to get the full range of sounds.
- Open-source access to schematic and software.
The LushOne kit is available to purchase for £69 GBP. The laser-cut clear acrylic base case for the kit costs £35 GBP.
More information: LushOne