MakeMusic announces Finale 2009
MakeMusic has announced Finale 2009, the latest version of the popular music notation software.
New in Finale 2009
- Streamlined workflow – The creation, entry, moving, and editing of dynamics, tempo indications, and other text and markings has been reinvented and streamlined.
- Expanded SmartMusic support – Finale 2009 makes it easier and faster to create assessable SmartMusic accompaniments with support for linked parts, repeats, and more.
- Garritan sounds – Finale now includes more than 300 world-class instrument sounds from the makers of Garritan Personal Orchestra. Free new sounds include baritone saxophone, vintage electric piano, electric guitar, handbells, and more.
- Tapspace Virtual Drumline™ sounds – Finale also includes more than 100 instrument sounds from Tapspace Virtual Drumline, the world’s most powerful marching and concert percussion software instrument featuring the world-champion Santa Clara Vanguard percussion section.
- Aria Player: the next generation – The Garritan Aria Player is included FREE and is fully integrated into Finale 2009. The level of custom integration is unsurpassed and offers superior sound, more control, and a vastly improved user playback experience.
- Multiple page editing – Now you can simultaneously view and edit as many pages as you choose to view on your monitor.
- Full VST/AU instrument support – Finale is now compatible with all VST/AU instruments, providing users with unlimited sonic possibilities. Plus you can now specify which VST/AU plug-ins load, eliminating conflicts and assisting troubleshooting. Finale also checks plug-ins for compatibility before loading, and tracks which plug-ins were previously checked for better performance.
- More Improvements to engraver slurs, Human Playback® enhancements, FinaleScript® 2.0 and updates to MusicXML. Windows users can also benefit from ASIO support which provides more accurate playback, reduced latency, and increased compatibility with a wider variety of sound cards. (ASIO support is not needed in Mac OS X).
Finale 2009 is expected to start shipping the week of July 21, 2008 and can be pre-ordered now for $600 USD. An upgrade can be pre-ordered for $99.95 USD.
Visit the Finale website for more information.