Mutools updates MU.LAB to v3.1
Mutools has released version 3.1 of MU.LAB, a hi-quality music application for Mac and Windows, transforming your computer into a complete music studio.
Highlights in MU.LAB v3.1
- Multi track audio recording — In earlier versions of MU.LAB you could only record 1 mono or stereo track at a time. Now with MU.LAB 3.1 you can record 1, 2, 5, 12, 20, … mono or stereo tracks at the same time!
- Record audio from any point in the audio signal flow — In earlier versions of MU.LAB audio was always recorded from the audio input. Now with MU.LAB 3.1 you can route the audio input thru an effect and record that instead of the dry input. Or you can record the output of a VSTi, or a ReWired device! You can record audio from any point in the session signal flow!
- Extreme flexible use of your audio device’s inputs and outputs — With MU.LAB 3.1 you can use the inputs and outputs of your audio device with maximum flexibility. For example, you can choose to use the e.g. 8 inputs of your audio device as 8 mono inputs, or you can choose to use them as 4 stereo inputs, or any possible combination! Same for the outputs. Which also allows you to make complex monitor mixes, or setup other types of advanced routings!
- Automatic, non-destructive resampling of audio files with a differing samplerate — In earlier versions of MU.LAB, when you imported an audio file with samplerate 44.1 kHz while the audio engine was running on 48 kHz, then the audio file was played with a different pitch because of the samplerate difference. Now with MU.LAB 3.1 audio files with a differing samplerate are automatically and non-destructively resampled resulting in a perfect pitch preservation!
- New “Audio To Note Gate” module — The new “Audio To Note Gate” module outputs a note event each time the incoming audio signal passes a user definable threshold. This module can be used in various types of patches, e.g. an audio gate, a level-modulated filter, gated reverb, …
- New “Note Key Splitter” module — The new “Audio To Note Gate” module dispatches the incoming events to 12 outputs based on their note key. Very useful to build drum patches!
- New and skinnable position line — It might look a small improvement, but it definitely increases your visual comfort while creating music!
- Many important workflow improvements — See Detailed Change List on the Mutools website.
MU.LAB is available in three versions: MU.LAB FREE (free of charge), MU.LAB XT (25 EUR) and MU.LAB UL (75 EUR).
More information: Mutools