Patchpool has announced Alchemistry Metallica, a new soundset for Alchemy by Camel Audio.
After producing 2 full Alchemy Banks with +100 patches each I will offer something on a smaller scale for my third Alchemy Sound Bank which will be the first in a series focussing on specific materials.
Metallica will contain about 50 patches with 8 variations each in the Remix Pad and focus on metals sounds derived from real instruments, metal objects and industrial field recordings. I want to keep the Balance between real sounding metal instruments and otherworldly textures and Soundscapes using also processed derivates of the sampled materials. Most sounds will be sample-based, of course also using the resynthesis features of Alchemy.
Alchemistry Metallica features
- About 1 GB of original sample – source material:
- China Cymbal bowed, scraped and beaten – multisampled and Round Robin.
- Glockenspiel multisampled 24 semitones, 4x RR, 2 velocity layers (192 samples).
- Chromatic Asian Gongs multisampled + Round Robin, 3-4 velocity layers.
- Various metal objects.
- Industrial metal sounds recorded in factories.
- Steel Strings.
- About 50 patches with 8 variations each.
- Patch list (PDF) with a detailed description and paying tips for each patch
- Note: Requires full version of Camel Audio Alchemy. Alchemy Player not supported.
Alchemistry Metallica is available to pre-order for 16 EUR (20% off regular price of 20 EUR). The soundset is scheduled for release on December 10th, 2011.