PreSonus announces Sceptre studio reference monitors
PreSonus announces the Sceptre-series CoActual studio reference monitors.
Featuring an advanced coaxial design that works integrally with a 32-bit, 96 kHz, dual-core processor using Fulcrum Acoustic’s TQ™ Temporal Equalization technology, Sceptre CoActual monitors deliver clarity and coherence that has previously only been available in ultra-high-end systems. Yet they are an affordable investment for project-studio owners-a first for DSP-controlled, TQ-based systems.
The series includes two models. The Sceptre S8 CoActual Studio Monitor combines an 8-inch low/mid-frequency driver and a 1-inch (25 mm), horn-loaded, high-frequency transducer into a single coaxial unit with aligned voice coils. The Sceptre S6 CoActual Studio Monitor’s coaxial speaker integrates a 6.5-inch low/mid-frequency driver and a 1-inch (25 mm), horn-loaded, high-frequency transducer. Both models have acoustic ports.
- CoActual technology combines DSP time-correction and point-source design for symmetrical soundstage and micro-definition imaging.
- Unique coaxial transducer integrates 8-inch (Sceptre S8) or 6.5-inch (Sceptre S6) midrange driver and 1-inch (25 mm), horn-loaded HF transducer with Coaxial Speaker Coherence Alignment.
- 32-bit, 96 kHz, dual-core, active floating-point DSP provides critical Temporal Equalization™ with multiple FIR filters.
- Acoustic-tuning controls:
- HF Driver Adjust (0 dB, +1 dB, -1.5 dB, -4 dB).
- Acoustic Space settings (0 dB, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB).
- High-pass filter (Off, 60 Hz, 80 Hz, and 100 Hz, -12 dB/octave slope).
- Sensitivity (+4 dBu to -10 dBV).
- 200W RMS, Class D biamplification with internal heat sinkRF shielding, current-output limiting, and over-temperature protection.
- Balanced XLR and ¼-inch TRS line-level inputs with A-taper level control.
- Amplifier “soft start” feature eliminates popping on power-up.
- Brushed-aluminum faceplate.
- 102 dB maximum continuous SPL.
- Internal power supply with IEC connector.
- Power switch with on/off LED.
PreSonus Sceptre CoActual-series monitors are expected to be available in the first quarter of 2013.