PreSonus intros Eris-Series Studio Monitors
PreSonus has announced its new Eris series of studio reference monitors.
These ultra-affordable, 2-way, bi-amped monitor speakers deliver very accurate response with a tight bass and very clear upper end.
They can also be user-adjusted to the acoustic space, allowing you to create a more accurate listening environment or to simulate different common listening environments – a feature not typically provided by studio monitors in this price point.
E5 / E8 features
- 5.25-inch (E5) / 8-inch (E8) Kevlar® low-frequency transducer.
- 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer.
- 70 (E5) /130 watt (E8), Class AB biamplification.
- Front-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction.
- Midrange (±6 dB, continuously variable), HF (±6 dB, continuously variable), High-Pass (Off, 80 Hz, 100 Hz) and Acoustic Space settings (flat, -2, -4 dB) for accurate mixing contour.
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection.
- Optimized, resonance-suppressing internal bracing.
- Balanced XLR/¼-inch and unbalanced RCA inputs.
- 102 dB (E5) /105 dB (E8) maximum continuous SPL.
The Eris E8 and E5 are expected to be available in April 2013.