Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
PSP Audioware updates VintageWarmer to v2.3
PSP Audioware has released version 2.3 of VintageWarmer, a multi-band compressor/limiter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
PSP VintageWarmer2 is a high-quality digital simulation of an analog-style, a single- or multi-band compressor/limiter. It combines rich, warm analog processing with a straightforward user interface, and comes with a comprehensive library of presets.
Changes in VintageWarmer v2.3
- Mono-Stereo switch expanded to Mono-Stereo-Left-Right selector. Now it is possible to choose only one channel for processing.
- Controller and automation support for ProTools users improved.
- Latency improvement – PSP VintageWarmer has 127 samples of latency.
- Latency improvement – PSP VintageWarmer2 has 639 samples of latency now.
- Meters in VU mode has improved needle movement response according to VU specifications.
- Front panel name of the PSP VintageWarmer2 was changed from PSP VintageWarmer to PSP VintageWarmer2.
- Front panel name of the PSP VintageWarmer was changed from PSP VintageWarmer LE to PSP VintageWarmer.
- Fixed: Initial click in Logic with PSP VintageWarmer2.
- Fixed: Various weird GUI behavior and crashes caused by the PSP VintageWarmer2.
- Fixed: Channel lockup and noises with PSP VintageWarmer2.
- Fixed: Gain Reduction meter shows improper values when Ceiling not at 0dB.
- Fixed: Various weird meter behavior and synchronization problems.
- Due to channel routing changes we advice to check the Mono-Stereo-L-R selector state.
- Thanks to the reduced latency we advice to check up your track synchronization. In the case of the manual latency compensation please reset your delays to adequate values.
- The Meter delay knob on the rear panel is not present in this version.
- Tow VU/PPM and Scale range parameters have new – more adequate names now. MeterScale changed to MeterType (VU/PPM) and MeterRange changed to MeterScale.
- In some applications there might occur a strange meters’ behavior in GR mode on silence right after initialization.
VintageWarmer is available to purchase as an effect plug-in for PC and Mac (VST/AU/MAS/RTAS), priced at $149 USD (excl. VAT).