Note: this post is from 2006, outbound links may be broken.
QuikQuak releases RaySpace v2.0
QuikQuak has released RaySpace v2.0, an acoustic simulator that creates fantastic surround-sound atmospheres. The characteristics of the room shape, height, positions and materials can all be adjusted in real-time.
New in v2.0
- Create fantastic surround reverbs using the completely new engine. Introducing the new DBT (Diffuse Bubble Tracing) system
- Draw walls of any angle, allowing complex room shapes
- NEW four band parametric equaliser!
- NEW scattering algorithm for adding randomisation to wall reflections, giving roughness and character to the rooms
- Get a real grasp of the virtual space with the new 3D ROOM VIEWER. Using zoom and spin with the mouse – watch and listen to actual height adjustments
- Reverb now updates almost instantly!
- More compact interface
- As with all versions of RaySpace, this plugin does NOT use convolution algorithms, it’s a completely original design. And unlike convolution, long reverb times use the same CPU as short ones, allowing you to make huge spaces!
- Less CPU usage than before!
- 45 presets for instant tweaking
Check QuikQuak for more information and a link to download a demo version of RaySpace v2.0.