Rhythmic Robot releases New Rhythm Box for Kontakt
Rhythmic Robot has announced New Rhythm Box, a recreation of the vintage analogue drum machine of the same name, originally made by the Italian company EKO.
The New Rhythm Box was a transistor-based preset drum machine capable of producing ten preset rhythms, with no provision for anything beyond tempo and volume control. The Rhythmic Robot software version extends this usability considerably, breaking out the individual kit pieces so that the user can create their own rhythms, while still allowing the original presets to be played back, combined, and synced to host DAW tempo.
The tone of the New Rhythm Box is ideally suited to mellower musical styles which favour a more rounded, softer tone.
New Rhythm Box features
- Ten combinable onboard rhythms.
- Convolved Plate reverb for retro authenticity.
- Velocity Retrofit for humanising your beats.
- Multiple randomised round-robin samples to preserve a true analogue feel.
- Fully analogue sounds, all the way from Italy!
The sample library costs £5.25 GBP. Requires Kontakt version 4.2.3 or later, full version.