Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Roland now shipping JUNO-Di Mobile Synthesizer
Roland has announced the general availability of the JUNO-Di, a mobile synthesizer specifically designed for the musician on the go, providing a vast array of professional sounds in a lightweight, portable design.
Weighing in at just under 12 pounds, the battery-powered Juno-Di can be played anywhere, anytime. Plug the Juno-Di into a portable amplifier such as the Roland CUBE Street® or MOBILE CUBE for instant amplification, or plug in headphones for quiet practice. With eight Ni-MH AA-size rechargeable batteries, the JUNO-Di can go for up to five hours without being plugged in.
The 61-note synth-action JUNO-Di boasts over 1,000 diverse customizable sounds to fit any style of music, including grand and electric pianos, modern synth sounds, lush strings, beautiful guitars, powerful brass, percussion, and banks of exotic instruments. Simple navigation with dedicated category buttons and the large LCD display ensures players can recall and perform their favorite sounds on the fly.
In addition to a world-class sound engine and extreme portability, the JUNO-Di offers an array of features for the live performer. Process vocals live through its microphone input, built-in vocoder, and dedicated reverb. And with its USB memory port and song player function, the JUNO-Di enables direct playback and control of MP3, .WAV, AIFF, and SMF sound files with dedicated transport controls on the front panel.
- Professional synthesizer with over 1,000 instruments onboard.
- Friendly, intuitive user interface.
- Battery operation for mobile use (supports Ni-MH AA-size rechargeable batteries).
- MP3, WAV, AIFF, and SMF playback capability via optional USB memory — perfect for backing tracks when performing live.
- Microphone input with dedicated reverb and vocoder effects for sing-along.
- PC/Mac Editor software included.
The JUNO-Di is now shipping with an MSRP of $799 USD.
More information: Roland