Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Sample Remix Contest: Win an Ohm Force ALL-ALL Bundle
Sample remix contests are usually quite boring. Download a sample pack, create a track with the included samples and hope the guy running the contest likes your stuff… or takes bribes.
If you’re hoping this contest will be any different, I have to disappoint you. It’s actually exactly what you just read, except:
- the sample remix pack includes 100+ samples (many of which were generated/processed with Ohm Force plug-ins), so there’s plenty to work with.
- the rekkerd.org readership picks the winner, so no point in trying to bribe me.
- the prize: Ohm Force ALL-ALL Bundle.
That’s right, you could win the complete collection of Ohm Force plug-ins, including Symptohm: Melohman and Ohmicide: Melohman. A value of $920 USD!
Excited? I know I would be, so go ahead and download the 54MB sample pack (84MB uncompressed) below to get started. And while you’re waiting for the download to complete, please read the contest rules below.
Sample Remix Pack 2008 Downloads: 12456 times
The sample pack contains 24-bit wav files (mono/stereo) which have been normalized to a peak of 0dB. The volume of the samples varies quite a bit, and some of them are quite raw ‘n nasty, so please be sure to protect your ears & equipment.
Sample remix contest rules
- Only samples from the sample remix pack may be used. No other samples, generators or synths are allowed.
- Samples may be processed/manipulated any way you like, please don’t hold back!
- Entries must be encoded in mp3 format (minimum of 192kbit).
- You may enter up to 2 entries.
- Submissions must be in before the deadline of Thursday, 31 July, 2008*, after which there will be one week to vote for your top 3.
- Every contestant will need to vote to be eligible to win (no, you may not vote for your own entry).
- Prizes will be granted at the discretion of the rekkerd.org voting committee. There may be prizes for the runners-up.
* update 31-07-2008
Note: I realize I didn’t write this so clearly. To clarify, make sure to submit your entry before the end of today, July 31. I’m on CET timezone, but if you submit at 11.55pm your local time that’s fine with me too.
Small print: By entering the contest you allow rekkerd.org to publish your submission(s) on this website. Everything subject to change. Feel free to contact me if you’re worried about the details.
How to enter?
Use the contact form to submit your entry. Please include:
- a link to your hosted mp3 file
(If you are unable to host the file just contact me and we’ll work something out).
- artist name, real name, website address and any other relevant info.
I will regularly update this page with new submissions.
(last update: 1 August 2008)
You can download all the tracks below or listen to them in the mp3 player on the right.
You can also visit some of the artists’ websites to get to know more about the people behind the songs (these links are in small bold text).