Sir Elliot has released LRC-II and Little Black Box, two freeware effect plug-ins for Windows.
The LRC-II is a Low Residue Compressor designed for those who do not fancy the artefacts that are common with many compressors. The LRC-II is suited for Jazz, & Dance music.
- Attack: 505 Milliseconds (Maximum).
- Release: 0.001 Milliseconds to 5 Seconds.
- Threshold: -90 dB (Maximum).
- Ratio: 0.005:1 to 1.120:1 (11.20:1).
- Loudness: 0 – 8.
- Prevent Clip: Once enabled, all peaks will not exceed –0.1 dB. Selecting from A to B will bring forth different reactions based on the overall dynamics of the mix.
- Fixed Delay.
Little Black Box is a compressor that offers low dynamics. It is more suited for Rock Music where it is common to use a lot of compression to make things louder than it appears.
Little Black Box features
- Input Level: 0 to 11.
- Threshold: -1.5 dB to 40 dB.
- Ratio: 0 to 0.9:1.
- Attack: 44 Microseconds (Maximum).
- Release: 1.5 Seconds (Maximum).
- Loudness: 0 to 11.
- Squash, Low, Middle, & High controls.
- Roll-off Filters.
LRC-II and Little Black Box are available to download as freeware VST effect plug-ins for Windows PC.
More information: Sir Elliot