Sonokinetic releases Hurdy Gurdy sound library for Kontakt
Sonokinetic has announced the release of Hurdy Gurdy, a sound library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Step into our time machine and explore musical heritage like never before. For over 500 years this instrument has been an essential musical ingredient in music styles across Europe, Eurasia and large parts of the Middle East. Forming a base of harmony and rhythm and a solid musical environment for melody instruments to perform in, spreading its sound from the early medieval inns, taverns in the Golden Age to the festive Hobbit scenes of the Lord Of The Rings movies. This versatile and distinctive sound instantly triggers the imagination and lingers on to colour the musical picture the composer tries to paint.
Hurdy Gurdy features
- Single instrument for Kontakt 4.2.3 and higher with configuration panels.
- Realistic simulation of wood effects – melody keys and handle.
- Convolution reverb applied to the instrument to represent original acoustic spaces.
- Sonokinetic IR options to allow dynamic assignment and configuration of the convolution effects.
- Customizable key mapping to suit your preference. Normal or flipped style.
- Hurdy Gurdy Reference manual (pdf).
- Artwork : “Hurdy Gurdy” dvd cover. Designed by Pavel Fuksa.
- Programming : “Hurdy Gurdy” Kontakt script and instruments by Blake Robinson.
- Format: All files in 48 kHz, 24bit mono aif format.
- Total size 1,04 GB total amount of samples: 1416 samples.
Sonokinetic Hurdy Gurdy is available to purchase for 49.90 EUR.