Stanton DJ has announced software updates to their SCS.1 and SCS.3 product lines.
The SC System is Stanton’s innovative line of digital controllers for the professional DJ, and is currently comprised of the SCS.1d deck controller, SCS.1m mix controller, the SCS.3d touch sensitive deck controller, and the SCS.3m touch sensitive mix controller. The free software updates enhance the System’s features and compatibility with leading industry applications.
The updates consist of a new version of DaRouter, Stanton’s innovative MIDI and system control software that allows the SC System controllers the ability to send and receive information from host applications. For the SCS.1 products, the new version has automatic firmware checking and updates, improvements for better performance of scratch detection and encoders, and a more responsive motorized slider. New DaRouter presets for SCS.1 and SCS.3 series components provide indirect and direct support for Traktor Pro, PCDJ, and Virtual DJ programs, DJ Decks, Tracktor LE, Mixx, and Deckadance. The SCS.1 also benefits from new firmware that improves its MIDI timing and accuracy and reduces latency.
Other improvements to DaRouter software include
- Master preset allows for 1 preset to encompass the following hardware setups (2 decks x 1 mixer; 1 deck x 1 mixer; 2 decks standalone; 1 deck standalone; 1 mixer standalone).
- New pitch slider control logic.
- Presets decoupled from deck and mixer. Both products can change controls of encoders without being linked.
- New deck select logic allows direct access to any onscreen deck by holding deck select button. Also multiple physical decks can be assigned to the same deck.
- Quick switching between presets: tap a preset on the hardware to change. Press and hold to change a parameter and automatically switch back to previous control.
- FX preset drastically updated; FX selection possible by holding the preset button. Every Traktor effect shows up on the LCD’s when selecting and using.
- Major updates to mixer presets including Transport (allows for scrubbing, pitch control, sync control, and pitch bends all from the mixer), Loop/beat jump (allows for looping, moving and beat jumps all from the mixer), FX1 and FX2 (allows FX selection by name and all parameters shown, plus various other feature improvements).
The updates are available now for free download at: www.enterthesystem.com
More information: Stanton DJ