Steinberg updates Nuendo to v6.5
Steinberg has announced the forthcoming release of Nuendo 6.5, an update to its post-production software.
Making its first appearance at next week’s PALM Expo in Beijing, China, and showcased alongside Yamaha’s Nuage system, Nuendo 6.5 bristles with many top-tier tools conceived and designed to save time and boost efficiency, featuring amongst others enhanced loudness processing, bass frequency management and a vastly improved Automatic Dialog Replacement (ADR) taker system.
The optional Nuendo Expansion Pack (NEK) also receives a version increment, extending Nuendo’s tool set through a range of features previously introduced to Cubase 7.5, such as the Groove Agent SE 4 drum sampler and HALion Sonic SE 2 sample player.
“6.5 is a serious update aimed at TV and film post-production professionals as well as ADR/language dubbing studios, and we’re certain that the ever-growing Nuendo community will appreciate what this package holds,” Timo Wildenhain, product marketing manager at Steinberg, said. “This iteration streamlines many areas of the software, comes with several new signal processors and has a heavy focus on its ADR taker system. Add the complementary Nuendo Expansion Pack and customers and partners get a DAW that caters for every need, in post, audio and music production.”
Changes in Nuendo v6.5
- Automated Loudness processing to both industry standards such as EBU R128 and fully user-definable settings.
- Professional bass management including several routing and filter options coming with the new Bass Manager plug-in.
- ADR Taker 2.0 introduces a major update of Nuendo’s ADR taker system with enhancements for voice and foley recording such as new playback/recording modes, automated naming schemes and pre-record buffer.
- Nuendo TrackVersions allows for creating, renaming and managing parallel versions of the same track plus many addition features far beyond conventional playlists.
- Track visibility management speeds up handling especially of large projects by offering dynamic displaying of audio tracks and groups in the project window.
- Improved AAF Filter now supports even better import/export to Pro Tools and Media Composer.
- New monitoring and metering section for better source management and better overview on the most frequently used functions.
- Experience a richer sound with REVelation reverb and Magneto 2, a warm and smooth tape saturation plug-in.
- Track Quick Controls can now be saved as presets and loaded for immediate access.
- Steinberg Hub with direct access to user-defined folders and news section for the latest Nuendo product updates.
Nuendo 6.5 will be available in the third quarter of 2014 from authorized Yamaha and Steinberg resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop. The Nuendo Expansion Kit 6.5 will also be available in the third quarter through the Steinberg Online Shop.
The suggested retail price for Nuendo 6.5 is 1,699 EUR. The suggested retail price for the Nuendo Expansion Kit 6.5 is 249 EUR. Prices including German VAT. Customers who have activated Nuendo 6 since April 14th, 2014, will be eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to the latest version.