Mabelton Audio has announced the release of the Ultra Analog VA-2 / Ableton Push integration pack.
This is the instant way to use Appled Acoustics’ Ultra Analog VST Plug In properly from inside Push.
The Ultra Analog Integration Pack will allow you to:
- Find Ultra Analog and all its factory presets inside your Push menu.
- Browse through the 700+ factory presets from Push’s screen in their categories (Ambient, ARP, Bass, Effect, Keys, Lead, Orchestral, Organ, Pad, Percussive, Polysynth, Signature- Richard Devine, Voice).
- Load up any of the presets from Push.
- Control the knobs and sliders on Ultra Analog using Push’s knobs (and record your tweaks using Ableton’s automation function).
- Unlock Push’s step sequencer, in key and exotic scales functions for all the Ultra Analog presets.
The pack is available for purchase for £6.99 GBP.
More information: Crafted Sound / Ultra Analog VA-2 integration pack
AfroDJMac has released Univox Bass Lucy, a free Live Pack featuring a sampled Univox bass from the 70′s.
I’ve had a lot of experience recording this bass, and I’m often torn on how to best record it. Running it through a bass amp is usually my first choice, but I also really like how it sounds coming out of my guitar amp. So what I did while sampling was run the bass through an SWR bass amp and my Fender Deluxe tube guitar amp. Also, I put up an AKG C414 mic in the room to capture both amps simultaneously. On the Ableton device, you can mix the three signals together to meet your taste.
When you pluck a string on a bass, it will always sound slightly different. So to emulate that, I recorded 3 different samples of each note that I recorded. I set the LFO in Sampler to play any of these three samples at random. That means that any melody you play will always sound slightly different. Even a MIDI clip will never loop in exactly the same way with the same samples. You will always get a bit of subtle variation, just as you would with a real bass player.
The Univox Bass Lucy pack is available as a free download at AfroDJMac.
More information: AfroDJMac / Univox Bass Lucy
Minimal System has announced a 50% discount on all Rack Packs for Ableton Live for a limited time only.
All Rack Packs now 50% off!
Expand your Ableton Live library with Minimal System
Minimal System Rack Packs are collections of instruments, effect racks, samples, loops, and patches which are all designed to be used within Ableton Live.
More information: Minimal System / Rack Packs
Sounds To Sample has released Mad Zach’s Lab: Deep House, a Mad Lab Audio sample pack featuring thoughtfully crafted sounds, instruments, and creative deep house musical ideas, expertly tuned by the ears of a master.
Every element of the deep house style is covered – of course with a Mad Zach twist – from 909 heavy drums, to classic and forward thinking bass, supple pads, saw square and saw rooted synths, dusty mood samples, vocal chops, and a super powerful percussion rack.
Mad Zach’s Lab: Deep House features
- Fully pimped out production and performance template for Ableton with all sounds and instruments built in – no third party plugins required.
- A complete arsenal of raw analog and classic tones – all sampled at clean 24bit resolution from gear like the TR-909, Juno 106, Moogerfoogers, even a rare British tube channel strip – just to name a few.
- 4 fully crafted, amazing sounding demo songs (made exclusively with the template) – which can be picked apart and analyzed for remixing, learning, or just having fun.
- Deep custom drum racks – with macro’s set up to control the tone of all your essential sounds easily.
- Dynamic analog sample instruments – All the instruments in the pack were created by sampling raw waveforms from vintage analog synthesizers, and dropping them into samplers with full macro controls over all your most important synthesis parameters.
- 20 forward-thinking drum and percussion sketches – provided as part-separated audio/midi files, as well as from within Ableton for complete tonal control and pattern manipulation.
- 7 insanely funky built in grooves, which have been meticulously extracted from the original 909 shuffles.
- Inspiring clip grid loaded with 66 drum and 53 percussion loops organized into 10 separate idea clusters each with sets of loops for, bass, synth, mood, and other sounds.
- Mood and vocal sounds – loaded into their own rack with custom eq/effects macro’s.
- Built in mixing with specialized routing, side-chain compression, custom effects racks, and tone macro’s.
The pack is available for purchase for 14.99 EUR.
More information: Sounds To Sample / Mad Zach’s Lab: Deep House
Fabrizio Poce has released version 2.0 of J74 Progressive, a Max for Live tool set for chord progression making and harmonic editing.
The new version provides new functionality for chord progression editing, MIDI clip editing (humanize velocity and timing) and for detecting musical information in audio material (notes, chords, scales).
Changes in Progressive v2.0
- Techniques for borrowed chords and accidentals.
- Additional control for chord inversion.
- Additional control to arpeggio settings (note can be omitted).
- Swing, groove and velocity dynamics.
- A new device, the “Audio Analyzer”, which processes audio input in real time visualizing notes and extracting chord and scale information.
Progressive is available for purchase for $12 USD.
More information: J74 / Progressive
Benniy C. Bascom has released Polyrhythmus, a Max for Live device for sequencing drums, melodies, CCs and parameters and/or build very complex yet mathematically logical and uncommon arpeggios for live purposes.
POLYRHYTHMUS is a rhythm sequencer, arpeggio builder, cc and parameter automator and mathematical geek.
build polyrhythmic (counterpoint, polymetric etc) patterns, use them (live) as arpeggiators and/or to sequence drums, CCs, parameters of your live etc. run sequences sinusodial, trigger one sequence with another, have 23 steps run in the same time as 5 others do, skip steps, randomize parameters and alot more. give the long video a chance.
The device is a free download (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial)
More information: Polyrhythmus
Josh Spoon has announced the release of The Joy of Racks, a new tutorial video series on Ableton Live racks.
The Joy of Racks is a video series of 20 videos where I will teach you the ins and outs of Ableton Live racks; great for beginners and intermediates (experts you could learn a few things too). Here are some of the things you will learn.
- The different types of racks you can create in Ableton Live
- How to build racks that can help you streamline your production and live performance
- Grow your creativity to build racks that represent you.
I will also include Instrument, MIDI, Audio and Drum racks for you to use in your projects; 31 in total. The videos are applicable for Live 8 and up but the downloadable racks are Live 9 only. Few will have Live Suite effect in them and I will have (Suite) in the title. I have tried make substitutes for Standard users where possible. In the event that it’s not possible for me to make a substitute, you can replace that functionality with your favorite VST.
The video series is now available for purchase for $50 USD. A teaser (3 racks, one tutorial video on a HAAS effect rack + the rack itself) is available to download at no charge.
More information: Josh Spoon / The Joy of Racks