Ignite Amps has launched NadIR, a convolver cabinet simulation effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
NadIR is a zero latency, dual Impulse Response (IR) convolver, designed to be used as a cabinet simulator for guitar & bass (pre)amplifiers (VST/AU or even hardware).
It has been designed to perform pristine quality convolution in real time, while being light on the CPU and easy to use, providing advanced built-in filters and delay controls to let guitarists and bassists shape their tone with ease, without the need to be professional audio engineers.
NadIR is meant to be used as a cabinet simulator for live playing and jamming, tracking or mixing inside hosts capable of VST or AU Plug-Ins support.
- Zero Latency.
- Low CPU usage.
- Three routing modes: Mono, Dual Mono and Stereo.
- Selectable quality control for max IR length (up to 0.185 seconds).
- Automatic high-quality resampling for IRs with different sampling rates.
- High-quality analog shaped filters.
- Selectable delay for phase interactions between loaded IRs.
- Continuous morphing control between loaded IRs.
- Global input level and single IR level controls.
- Fully automatable controls.
NadIR for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to download as freeware.
More information: Ignite Amps / NadIR
Nick Crow Lab has released version 1.3 of TubeDriver, a free amp effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
TubeDriver is a Tube Amplifier Emulation for Windows (VST) and Mac OS X (VST & AU). It’s free but donations are welcomed.
Changes in TubeDriver v1.3
- Overall Dry/Wet control added.
- THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) meter added.
The plug-in is a free download.
More information: Nick Crow Lab / TubeDriver
, effect plugins
, Studio Devil
, VST Buzz
Posted in news
on Nov 13, 2013 - 0 comments
VST Buzz has launched a promotion on the Amp Modeler Pro effect plug-in by Studio Devil.
If you’re looking to record guitar, you NEED this plugin! “Basically, it’s everything you could possibly need to create a complete, professional-sounding guitar tone.” – Music Tech Magazine
Amp Modeler Pro is an incredible guitar amp modeling and audio effects plug-in by Studio Devil. It has 15 preamp models, 4 effects, impulse-based cabinet emulations, a 7-band graphic EQ, 1-band parametric EQ, compressor, gate, echo, reverb and wah-wah which covers every range of playing styles! Its exclusive modeling algorithm makes it one of the most realistic amp modelling plugins out there.
The Amp Modeler Pro plug-in is available to purchase at VST Buzz for $79 USD until November 18th, 2013 (regular $149 USD).
More information: VST Buzz
Positive Grid has announced the launch of BIAS, the world’s most complete, accurate and versatile guitar amplifier modeler and designer for iPad.
Equipped with 36 stunning replications of rock ‘n’ roll history’s most sought-after vintage and modern amps, Positive Grid’s new iPad app lets musicians dive deep into the guts of their gear to tweak every possible aspect of their architecture.
“Ask any guitarist what’s most important in a guitar amp app, and you’ll get the same answer: great tone,” says BIAS Product Manager Calvin Abel. “We didn’t think we’d be pushing the boundary by merely adding more bells and whistles to an amp simulator, so we threw out convention and focused instead on how to create the most delicious tone in as many flavors as possible. The result is BIAS, which allows guitarists to change preamp tube types, edit preamp voicing, adjust bias, audition various transformer types, swap out loudspeakers and cabinets, move microphone placement and much, much more. Never before have guitarists had such a broad palette to create their own dream amps and distinctive signature sounds.”
- The most complete, accurate and versatile amp modeling available in the world.
- 36 factory authentic amp models (28 guitar, four bass and four keyboard/vocal) included with the introductory release, plus the ability to custom-design a near-infinite variety of new topologies.
- Factory categories organize amps by music genre and sonic impact: clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, insane, acoustic and bass.
- Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets, panel controls and mic selection and placement—mix and match!.
- Works the way guitarists think: tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position, and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two eight-band equalizers.
- Included room simulator adds depth and natural ambience.
- Included noise gate nips noise in the bud with high-gain setups.
- Save a virtually unlimited number of custom amps.
- Quick presets recall up to eight favorites in turn with just one tap.
- Seamless integration with Positive Grid JamUp Pro XT with one finger tap.
- Works with GarageBand and other audio apps via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus.
- Designed for iOS7.
The BIAS app is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS
Kuassa has released a Rack Extension version of Amplifikation Creme, a guitar amp simulation.
It features a digitally engineered head and matching cabinet with built-in overdrive sections, based on three legendary overdrive pedals, giving you full control of intense, dynamic, harmonically-rich distortion.
Kuassa Amplifikation Creme is a definite must-have addition for fans of the Amplifikation Vermilion. Distinguished by its darker, fuller, and heavier tone, akin to high-end high-gain tube guitar amplifiers, Creme’s three amp types and channels will bring you closer to the end of your search for the perfect tone.
Amplifikation Creme features
- Built-in overdrive section with 3 selectable types.
- 3 amp types: Sharp FMV, Full Midtone Baxandall, and Big Heavy.
- 3 selectable channels: Clean, Lead I, and Lead II with a fuller bottom-end.
- 5 types of 4×12 cabinets with 4 microphones.
- Freely adjustable dual-miking configurations.
- Built-in Noise Gate and Limiter.
- CV inputs for Global input-output, noise gate, FX, and amp.
- Straightforward and easy to use interface.
The Amplifikation Creme Rack Extension costs 32 EUR.
More information: Kuassa / Amplifikation Creme
Aegean Music has released version 1.2 of Amp Vision, a guitar amp modeling and effects suite effect plug-in for Windows.
Amp Vision represents a new concept in guitar tone customization providing realistic amplifier simulation, effects, cab sims, preset management, and a user friendly interface. Handle all your guitar processing in one package. It works with any VST compatible application.
Version 1.2 of Amp Vision includes the new Rackham amp model.
Changes in Amp Vision v1.2
- Now available in 64-bit and 32-bit plug-ins.
- Tone stack simulation and many other amp adjustments and improvements.
- New Rackham amplifier model.
- Setting for full stereo processing.
- Automation of controls with MIDI or VST parameters.
Amp Vision for Windows (VST) is on sale for $28 USD.
More information: Aegean Music / Amp Vision
Lostin70s has updated the JAMP MK1 virtual guitar amp effect for Windows to version 1.3.
JAMP is a new versatile VST amp based on real tube emulation.
Changes in JAMP v1.3
- New convolution engine for spring reverb (2x less CPU).
- Works at 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz and 96 kHz.
- Available in 64-bit and 32-bit.
- Available with and without GUI.
- New GUI.
JAMP is available to download as a freeware VST plug-in for Windows.
More information: Lostin70s / JAMP