Antares has announced the release of Auto-Tune EFX 3, a real-time pitch correction and auto-tune vocal effect for Windows and Mac.
Designed to make almost everything automatic, Auto-Tune EFX 3 is the most affordable vocal production tool that provides Antares’ world-renowned real-time pitch correction. Users just set the key and scale of their track, adjust the Retune Speed for their desired effect, and Auto-Tune EFX 3 does the rest. For songs with complex chord progressions or modulations, they can optionally set up custom scales or use their host’s automation facility to allow the processing of virtually any vocal line.
New in Auto-Tune EFX 3 is a fully adjustable Retune Speed control that lets users fine tune the desired effect for their track, from subtle natural pitch correction to the full-blown Auto-Tune Vocal Effect.
Also new is Antares unique Humanize function that ensures that short notes are effectively corrected while sustained notes are allowed to preserve their subtle pitch variations for the most natural, realistic pitch correction possible.
Auto-Tune EFX 3′s Auto-Motion Vocal Pattern Generation is a unique effect that adds intricate musical patterns to a vocal performance. Patterns are selected from a built-in (and expandable) library in a variety of styles and can be synced to the host’s tempo at various beat divisions. At any point in a vocal track, a user can simply click the Auto-Motion Trigger button to send their vocal on a melodic adventure. And since Auto-Tune EFX 3′s patterns are stored in standard MusicXML format, users can use any application that can open and edit MusicXML files to edit existing patterns and create entirely new patterns of their own.
Auto-Tune EFX 3 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for $129 USD. Upgrades from previous Auto-Tune EFX versions are also available.
More information: Antares / Auto-Tune EFX 3
Audio Damage has launched a Spring Sale, offering a 40% discount on its plug-ins for a limited time.
The annual Audio Damage Spring Sale is now rolling! Use the code EASTERPIG at check-out for 40% off your entire order, including bundles*. Visit the Audio Damage store now! Sale runs until Thursday, April 24th, at Midnight PST (GMT -8).
*Doesn’t include hardware items, sorry! Only plug-ins.
The sale ends April 24th, 2014.
More information: Audio Damage
KV331 Audio has released version 2.6.15 of its SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player synthesizer instruments for Windows and Mac.
KV331 Audio’s SynthMaster Player with SM-800x skin.
This major update brings support for Avid’s AAX format: SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player now run as native 64-bit AAX instruments inside Pro Tools 11 on both Windows and Mac OS X platforms.
There are also other important additions, such as: A new skin for SynthMaster Player and more factory presets for both SynthMaster Player and Player Free.
Changes in SynthMaster v2.6.15
- Added AAX version of SynthMaster&SynthMaster Player (32/64-bits on Win/Mac platforms).
- SynthMaster Player skins are now included with SynthMaster as well.
- Added MIDI Learn for XYPad controls.
- Added delete preset feature (by right clicking on a preset).
- Added random waveform selection for oscillators (by right clicking on an osc waveform).
- Added listbox scroll using mouse wheel.
- Added preset bank import feature.
- Updated SynthMaster&SynthMaster User Manuals.
- All SynthMaster&SynthMaster Player installers are now digitally signed.
- Changed Unison implementation to better manage resources.
- Users can now set the default preset to be used when initializing a new instance’s settings.
- Users can now search presets by typing in text inside preset search textbox.
- Users can now load a preset randomly selected from current filtered presets list.
- Added SM-800X skin for SynthMaster Player.
- SynthMaster Player now contains 800 factory presets.
- SynthMaster Player free now contains 200 factory presets.
- SynthMaster AU doesn’t respond to up/down keyboard events to change current preset.
- SynthMaster VST/AU doesn’t normalize discrete parameter values between 0 and 1, causing incompatibilities with many host applications.
- Selecting a Player skin crashes SynthMaster.
- Updated factory presets that have missing easy parameters.
- SynthMaster doesn’t read samples under \SynthMaster\Samples folder.
- SynthMaster doesn’t read waveforms under My Documents< \SynthMaster\Waveforms folder.
- SynthMaster doesn’t remember the last folder presets were saved to.
- Resetting settings of a section might crash SynthMaster.
- Pasting settings of a section from clipboard might crash SynthMaster.
- Loading settings of a section from a partial preset file might crash SynthMaster.
- Changing the value of skin dropdown using mouse wheel crashes SynthMaster.
- Changing the value of scale dropdown using mouse wheel crashes SynthMaster.
- “Preset Skin”, “Polyphony”, “Preset Quality”, “Preset Scale”, “Preset Buffer Size” parameters are not saved/loaded correctly for SynthMaster Player.
The update is now available to download for Windows and Mac (incl. demo versions).
More information: KV331 Audio
McDSP has announced that its entire McDSP HD product line now supports Avid S3L.
Take the power of McDSP plug-ins from the studio to the stage, and back again, with the release of Avid S3L support for all McDSP HD v5 plug-ins. McDSP has qualified all its AAX DSP plug-ins to operate on the S3L systems, and even added a few improvements to better support the S3 control surface. McDSP plug-ins like the new AE400 Active Equalizer, and bundles like Live Pack and even Everything Pack, now include support for this new modular, networked live sound system from Avid.
McDSP HD v5 plug-ins include support for AAX DSP, AAX Native, TDM, RTAS, and Audio Unit (AU) plug-in formats. S3L compatible installers are available now at the McDSP web site downloads section.
McDSP support for the Avid S3L systems is available as a free update to v5 customers. Customers not already owning v5 McDSP plug-ins can purchase upgrades from the McDSP online store.
More information: McDSP
New Sonic Arts has released version 1.5202 of its Granite granular texture generator instrument for Windows and Mac.
Granite’s unique sound engine melds a state-of-the-art granular processor, an innovative modulation system and a suite of grain-level FX, resulting in a degree of musicality not achieved before with granular synthesis.
Changes in Granite v1.5202
- OSX: Restored support for OSX 10.6 and 10.7.
- Preset Menu can now display and browse samples.
- Added “Saved with Samples” indicator.
- Fixed: Save with Samples when preset already contains embedded sample could fail.
Granite for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) costs 70 EUR. Until the end of April it is also available in a special bundle with Nuance and Granite Aura at a 40% discount.
More information: New Sonic Arts / Granite
AudioSpillage has released version 2.0.7 of DrumSpillage, the drum synthesizer instrument for Mac.
DrumSpillage is a model based drum synthesizer plugin for Mac OS X featuring 12 exclusive drum models capable of synthesizing a diverse range of electronic percussion sounds.
The models implement a variety of synthesis techniques including classic analog, physical modelling and FM synthesis.
The updates restores compatibility with OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and addresses the following issues:
- Fixed LFO tempo sync timing issues.
- Fixed UI initial sizing issues in Ableton Live 9.
- Fixed mute and solo alt key shortcut issues.
- Fixed an issue where cancelling kit/pad previews didn’t restore original settings.
- Added volume level readout on main pad editor.
DrumSpillage for Mac (AU) costs £75 GBP. Until April 30th, it is 25% off as part of AudioSpillage’s Spring Sale.
More information: AudioSpillage / DrumSpillage
Rob Papen has launched eXplorer III, an upgrade to the bundle of virtual instruments and effects by Rob Papen.
Rob Papen is one of the world´s leading sound designers and over the last few years he has released a series of multi-award winning high quality software plug-ins which have become essential tools for many of the world´s leading music producers. Now you can purchase the whole Rob Papen collection in one single package – eXplorer 3.
Combining all Rob Papen virtual synths plus the company´s four award winning effects plug-ins, eXplorer 3 provides all the tools you need for contemporary music production including thousands of rich, complex, track-ready presets created by Rob Papen and guest artists including acclaimed DnB artists Noisia.
Since eXplorer was first released in 2011, it has been updated to include Punch, Blade and now Blue 2, RP-AMOD and Predator FX at no extra cost, so now more than ever eXplorer 3 represents fantastic value for money!
eXplorer III features
- Blade: The cutting edge of today’s synthesizers!
- Punch: Speaker busting and body rattling drum machine.
- BLUE-II: Cross-fusion synthesis, FM, phase distortion, wave shapping & subtractive.
- SubBoomBass: Ultra-deep groove bass synth with built-in step sequencer.
- Predator: Phat analoge synth with killer presets and first class features.
- PredatorFX: Filter, modulation, vocoder and effects plug-in.
- RG: Electric & acoustic guitar grooves with sequencer and synth effects.
- RP-Delay: Delay insanity. reverser, 6 lines, 8 filters, 4 LFOs & more.
- RP-Verb: An advanced, transparent and musical algorithm reverb with easy controls.
- RP-Distort: Wicked FX unit that will distort or alter your tracks.
- RP-Amod: Spice up your vocal track, liven an instrument and even beef up your drums.
- PunchBD: In the near future.
The bundle is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX), priced at 585 EUR (incl. VAT) / $699 USD. Owners of previous eXplorer bundles can upgrade by logging into their Rob Papen account.
More information: Rob Papen / eXplorer III
, effect plugins
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in news
on Apr 18, 2014 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique has launched a Flash Friday sale on Etch, the analogue-modelled filtering device by FXpansion.
FXpansion is proud to present Etch, a versatile filtering effect based on DCAM circuit-modelled technology.
Featuring dual filter blocks with additional distortion and compression alongisde a huge range of modulation possibilities, Etch can do amazing things to all kinds of audio material.
- DCAM-modelled filtering, distortion and compression.
- OTA-array, SVF, Sallen-Key and comb filter types.
- Wide variety of multi-mode filter responses.
- 4 distortion types and a simple, effective 1-knob compressor.
- 2 LFOs, envelope follower, sample-and-hold and triggered envelope.
- TransMod system for deep modulation possibilities.
- Secondary side-chain input and full MIDI control in compatible hosts.
- 32-bit and 64-bit support.
- VST, AU & RTAS plugin formats on Mac OSX 10.6.2 & Windows 7.
Etch is available from Plugin Boutique at a 50% discount until April 21st, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Etch