Acon Digital has released version 1.1 of Multiply, a free chorus effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Acon Digital Multiply is a free and versatile chorus effect with a unique twist. Each simulated voice is processed with a phase randomizing filter so that unpleasant comb filter effects are avoided.
The effect can be used to simulate the effect of several performers playing the same tones simultaneously, to widen the spatial image or to create special effects for sound design.
Changes in Multiply v1.1
- CPU optimizations.
- Fixed audio glitches when used as zero latency plug-in in FL Studio.
- Added new level lock button to lock relation between dry and effect levels.
- Fixed incorrect folder for uninstall data in Windows installers.
- Control highlighting of automated parameters in Pro Tools.
- Support for the Ctrl+Alt+Cmd shortcut for the automation menu in Pro Tools.
Multiply for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available to download free of charge.
More information: Acon Digital / Multiply
Manda Audio has set free its MT Power Drum Kit 2, a multi layer drum instrument for Windows and Mac.
The MT Power Drum Kit is a new drum sampler offering the powerful, high-quality sounds of an acoustic, realistic drum kit. Samples have been specially recorded and processed to make them ideally suited to use in pop, rock and metal productions.
The MT Power Drum Kit Sampler differs from other, expensive drum samplers in that we have already pre-processed the sounds with compressors and EQs to make them a perfect fit for any mix. That’s important, since this is precisely where many drum sample programs are weakest. Some of the expensive plugins available on the market deliver a highly natural and dynamic drum kit sound as a solo instrument, but many fail as soon as they are supposed to be used for a complete mix in a powerful pop or rock production. Either the kick drum suddenly sounds much too slack or fuzzy in the mix, or the snare drum, which initially sounds so natural and dynamic, in solo mode suddenly gets lost in the background in the overall mix, drowned out by the guitars and other instruments. But this is exactly where the MT Power Drum Kit is strongest. Its kick and snare drums come through clearly in any mixing situation – and still sound natural and not overly compressed.
MT Power Drum Kit 2 is available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Manda Audio
Xfer Records has updated its Serum wavetable synthesizer instrument to version 1.01, introducing new features, enhancements and various fixes and improvements.
The dream synthesizer did not seem to exist: a wavetable synthesizer with a truly high-quality sound, visual and creative workflow-oriented interface to make creating and altering sounds fun instead of tedious, and the ability to “go deep” when desired – to create / import / edit / morph wavetables, and manipulate these on playback in real-time.
Changes in Serum v1.01
- added: reduced memory footprint by over 200 MB per instance.
- added: Export 16-bit wav option to the Export menu.
- added: pitch-bend will now send and receive automation.
- added: user-loaded wavetables will now display the original custom WT file name in re-opened patches.
- added: alt-clicking an FX “bypass” button (right edge of FX rack) will set all enabled FX to that state.
- added: modified/save-able wavetables now draw a faint-blue in the background of table name, to help indicate edited state.
- added: text parameter displays (e.g. Octave, delay time, etc) respond to mouse wheel events.
- added: Aftertouch is now smoothed to prevent quick discrete jumps (zippering).
- added: A default MIDI controller map is now supported: a map saved as ‘efault.mmp” will autoload and persist preset loading.
- added: mouse-down on controls displays parameter value (no longer requires ‘knob’ movement for value ‘tooltip’ display).
- added: CPU reduction for Windows VST_x64 + AAX versions.
- fixed: OS X: a potential crash opening the GUI in Logic X.
- fixed: OS X: ctrl-click (right-click substitute) on LFO or FFT context menu was not working on 64-bit hosts.
- fixed: WIN: GUI Fix for mouse cursor changing to a ‘wait’ cursor when leaving.
- fixed: WIN: Serum Presets folder automatically selected in default location.
- fixed: WIN: Cancelling a file dialog was resulting in MACRO1 name getting selected for text entry.
- fixed: WIN: keyboard focus for text entry was impossible in FL Studio.
- fixed: GUI: needed to re-select noise tool for noise to reference current frame.
- fixed: GUI: issues with location of ‘value tips’ drawing.
- fixed: GUI: context menu pop-up location for FX controls was offset from click location.
- fixed: GUI: animation would not continue when a voice was stolen in b4.
- fixed: GUI: FFT bin values when drawing the the mouse were incorrect in b3.
- fixed: GUI: poly/mono shader was not always updating state in b3.
- fixed: GUI: additional multiple-checkmark bugs in menus.
- fixed: GUI: expanded mouse-click area on FX switches (E.G ‘BPM’ Switches) to include more mouseable area on the label.
- fixed: GUI: multi band comp metering would not always display on some hosts.
- fixed: GUI: shift-alt-click to toggle Uni/Bi on lower knobs which are valid mod destinations (ADHSR, LFO rate) were not functioning correctly.
- fixed: GUI: checkmark bugs in menus (multiple checked items or checkmark not updating with <> advance buttons).
- fixed: GUI: Asym+ and – were represented as the opposite in 2d waveform (compared to audio).
- fixed: GUI: last LFO line segment could become a ‘phantom segment’ if multiselected and double-clicking to remove the right-most removable point.
- fixed: GUI: undo buffer was allowing undo when it shouldn’t have been possible on windows.
- fixed: DSP: enabling mono with more than one note sounding could lead to a stuck note.
- fixed: DSP: LFO Rate was still not acting polyphonic with a lot of mod sources.
- fixed: DSP: wet/dry mix on filters had no effect on L6 and H6.
- fixed: DSP: crash protection for changing warp mode with notes playing.
- fixed: DSP: crash protection for adding/removing modulation assignments with notes playing.
- fixed: DSP: potential stuck notes when exceeding patch polyphony w/ “allow one of any given note number” preference enabled.
- fixed: DSP: a problem with the phaser Freq at highest frequency settings causing potential DSP overload.
- fixed: DSP: WTPos being set to maximum value via modulation assignments could crash on first note on.
- fixed: DSP: FX filters were not completely initializing on preset changes which could lead to audio dropout or a crash on preset change.
- fixed: DSP: a problem with formulas with ‘rint’ not working (rounded integer).
- fixed: DSP: threading issue could lead to garbled sound on the playing note or a crash when add/removing tables from the WT editor with a note held.
- fixed: DSP: LFO rate as a mod destination would only process on the most recent note.
- fixed: DSP: linking note number or velocity to Warp amount could crash in some situations.
- fixed: DSP: potential crash relating to new notes and LFO/Env modulation.
- fixed: DSP: potential crash after saving a MIDI map.
- fixed: DSP: potential crash with mono toggle button while notes are playing.
Serum for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase at a 33% discount until October 31st, 2014. The update is free to existing Serum users.
More information: Xfer Records / Serum
Positive Grid has announced the release of BIAS Desktop, a groundbreaking guitar amp modeler with Amp Matching technology that offers an entirely new concept of putting any tube amplifier tone and feel into a plug-in for Windows and Mac.
BIAS Desktop features the most accurate, thorough and versatile guitar-amp modeler and designer engine, and it can accurately capture the tone of any tube amplifier, users can then share or download amp models from BIAS’s built-in ToneCloud® amp-sharing platform.
“Instead of providing a fixed number of amp models, BIAS Desktop represents an entire new concept on guitar sound: guitar players can now virtually design their own amps, using Amp Matching Technology to capture their golden tube amplifiers,” says BIAS Product Manager Calvin Abel, “and finally they can share or download thousands of amp models on ToneCloud, also we are currently working with worldwide artists and studios to expand this platform.”
The Amp Matching™ in BIAS Desktop utilizes a collection of underlying technologies that analyze and compare a currently designed BIAS amp model with the sound of any tube amp, the corresponding cabinet and microphone. It then executes the tonal compensation and enhancement needed to make this current amp model accurately match the target amplifier. For the first time in history, guitar players are free to design, modify and capture the most unique and individual soul of tone, into the digital domain and keep it ready for studio recording applications.
Built-in with BIAS, ToneCloud allows guitar players to share their custom amp models and download over thousands custom BIAS amps created by other users — including signature recording artists. Guitar players can share and download not just customized amp models only, using Amp Matching, every possible amp tone ever created becomes available. Positive Grid is currently working with worldwide artists and engineers to create professional custom amp models and studio amp matched models to expand this platform.
BIAS Desktop features
- The most complete, accurate, and versatile amp modeling software available in the world.
- 36 HD amp models included with the introductory release.
- Amp Matching captures any miced amp or recorded track and creates a matched model.
- Share and download thousands of artist- and user-created and matched amp models on ToneCloud.
- Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets and mic selection and placement—mix and match!.
- Customize the look and feel of your own amp panel; change the name, tolex, panel and knobs..
- Works the way guitarists think: tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position, and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two 8-band equalizers.
- Included noise gate and room simulator.
- Create a virtually unlimited number of custom amps.
- Quick preset facility recalls each of your 8 favorite settings in turn with just one tap.
BIAS Desktop is available for purchase for $99 USD (includes all amp design modules and access to ToneCloud to download thousands of amp models). BIAS Professional is priced at $199 USD, and adds Amp Matching Technology, Exclusive Amp Matching Models on ToneCloud, and three Amp Design Expansion Packs (Glassy Pack, Crunch Pack and Insane Pack).
More information: Positive Grid / BIAS Desktop
, Blue Cat
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 20, 2014 - 0 comments
Blue Cat Audio has released an update for the Blue Cat’s PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer plug-ins, improving compatibility with third party plug-ins and adding new interoperability features.
Both plug-ins can now load more VST and Audio Unit plug-ins (fixing compatibility issues with several plug-ins manufacturers). For improved interoperability between systems, plug-ins’ state are now retained even if the plug-ins are missing, and VST plug-ins can be relocated if moved.
The new PatchWork 1.5 plug-in also supports MIDI FX Audio Units and can be loaded as a MIDI FX in Logic Pro X to quickly build complex MIDI effects chains (full change list below).
Changes in PatchWork v1.5 / MB-7 Mixer v2.4
- New Features for both plug-ins:
- Missing VST plug-ins can now be relocated if not found.
- The plug-in now saves missing plug-ins’ state so that they can be restored later.
- New Features for Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.5:
- The Audio Unit can now be loaded as a MIDI FX in Logic Pro X.
- MIDI FX Audio Units can now be loaded into the plug-in.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for both plug-ins:
- Fixed issue on Mac when loading sessions created on Windows using VST plug-ins in sub-directories.
- Fixing compatibility issues with several plug-ins that used to crash when unloaded (Image Line, MeldaProduction, Catanya…).
- VST Plug-in name is now displayed when loaded from a missing VST shell bundle (instead of just the name of the bundle).
- (Mac) Fixed random crashes when using keyboard shortcuts in the host application to switch between plug-ins or tracks.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.5:
- (Mac) Fixed parameters not available for mapping when Audio Unit bridged with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
- (Mac) Fixed parameters mapped with wrong range for some Audio Units (u-he, AAS…).
- (Mac) Fixed parameter changes sent from host not visible in the user interface for some Audio Units (u-he…).
- Fixes and compatibility improvements for Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer 2.4:
- (Mac) Fixed crash introduced in 2.3 when trying to load missing VST plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed crash after closing the editor of an Audio Unit plug-in loaded with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is available for purchase for 59 EUR / $79 USD. Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer costs 99 EUR / $129 USD. Prices excl. VAT.
The update is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat Audio
More posts that match this tag
MeldaProduction has released version 5.02 of MDrummer, a virtual drum instrument for Windows and Mac. MDrummer has been updated to 5.02 bringing several improvements (user interface, MAmp plugin, song tab features…), optimizations and fixes. It … read more
LSR Audio has released version 1.1.4 of its VLB525 software emulation of the classic 525 FET compressor. The 525 compressor first appeared in the early 70’s. It was integrated as a 500 module in famous … read more
Voxengo has updated its SPAN and Overtone GEQ free effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac, providing minor fixes and adding VST3 support. SPAN is a real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plug-in for professional … read more
Soundlib has released version 2.1 of G-Player, a Gigastudio file player instrument for Windows and Mac. Forget converting and importing with random results. Save time and disk space. G-Player plays all your Gigastudio™ sound libraries … read more
Klevgränd Production has launched Vandelay, a delay effect for iOS and AU. Vandelay provides three separate delays in as many frequency regions. Each delay has an LFO that modulates the pitch of the audio stream. … read more
Plugin Boutique has released version 1.01 of VirtualCZ, a synthesizer instrument inspired by the Casio CZ series of digital synthesizers. Many people fondly remember the CZ synths and they have become retro-classics that are highly … read more
Tritik has released a public beta of TkDelay, a versatile delay effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. From classic delays to experimental sounds, tkDelay will accompany your needs and creativity. You can Fully evaluate tkDelay … read more
Schaak Audio has released version 2.50 of Transient Shaper, a transient processor plug-in for Windows and Mac. Transient Shaper allows shaping the dynamics with 2 knobs only, making it uniquely easy and fast to use … read more
DDMF has announced the release of Metaplugin in RTAS format. DDMF’s extremely popular plugin chainer/wrapper Metaplugin has now also been released in RTAS format. As we’ve found out that there are still a lot of … read more
Today is the last day to get 30% off u-he’s new Bazille hybrid modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac. Bazille is a large modular system combining digital oscillators with analogue-style filters and modelled effects, … read more
Outbound link: u-he
– Related: AAX
, instrument plugins
Posted in archive
on Oct 15, 2014 - 0 comments
Bedroom Producers Blog has launched FilterCrusher, a free filter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. FilterCrusher is a free dual filter effect built around a tube simulation circuit which is based on Audio Assault’s superb … read more
Khaelis Software has announced the release of TranSep, a powerful Transient Designer plug-in for Windows and Mac. TranSep can add or soften attacks, add punch or remove “clicking” effects. It can also soften harsh sounds … read more
Way Out Ware and Sonivox have teamed up to re-release TimewARP 2600, a synthesizer instrument plugin for Windows and Mac. TimewARP 2600 is now also available in 64-bit with added support for OS X 10.9 … read more
Sinevibes has announced full compatibility of its Audio Unit plugins with the upcoming OS X 10.10 Yosemite. All of its current plugins have been successfully tested on OS X 10.10 with latest Logic Pro X … read more
Being a fan of the original ElectraX synthesizer, I was really looking forward to see how Tone2 would push forward with the successor, Electra2. The award winning Electra2 is not only one of the most … read more