CWI Technology has released version 2.3.0 of the TX16Wx and TX16Wx Professional software sampler instruments for Windows and Mac.
TX16Wx Software Sampler is a plug-in for the creative musician, inspired and modeled after the best hardware samplers with all the ease and new exiting features modern software brings.
A multitimbral instrument that actually samples, and with a documented file format so you never will be locked in to a single instrument.
This version contains many new features and fixes, such as group cross fading, SoundFont patch loading and improved FX.
Changes in TX16Wx v2.3.0
- Fixed MIDI note names not being refreshed in some hosts.
- Fixed load failure with certain banks created with older versions.
- Fixed send:pre-fader not loaded from bank.
- Fixed delay feedback issue.
- Fixed bug loading performance with tempo delay.
- Fixed dry/wet mix issue in Chorus/Flanger.
- Fixed some sound fonts imported with bad play mode.
- Fixed mouse wheel scrolling for large windows.
- Fixed crash in Sonar X2 when loosing window focus.
- Fixed turning automated knobs not sending automation data to host.
- Modified LFO and Seq modulators parameter UI disposition to be more powerful.
- Added Mono and Ping-pong mode to delay.
- Added lo/hi frequency cut for reverb.
- Added 3-band equalizer effect.
- Chorus/Flanger/Phaser inserts now converts mono to stereo for nicer sound.
- Added note priority selector for playing Mono/Legato modes.
- Added override root key functionality to splits.
- SFZ and SF2 import now uses overriding root keys.
- Added name-based auto keyboard mapping tool.
- Added Soundfont sample and patch loading. SF2 files can now be browsed and partially loaded.
- Soundfont import now uses much less memory.
- Added BPM/R modulation source (host/wave relative tempo).
- Program files now store wave metadata overrides such as root key, loops etc to allow more local modifications of waves without needing to save them.
- Added setting to save reapeaks files in separate folder.
- Added group crossfade regions (pro version).
- Introduced crossfade between sample sources when playing in ono/legato mode to reduce clicking.
- Voice stealing now produces smoother sound.
- Intersecting groups can now be selected by Ctrl-rightclick on mapper keyboard.
- Playing notes on the key mapper keyboard can now vary velocity with Ctrl, Shift and Ctrl+Shift.
TX16Wx for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available as freeware. The Professional edition costs 89 EUR (commercial) / 29 EUR (non-commercial).
More information: CWI Technology
112dB has updated its 64-bit plugins Redline Reverb, Redline Monitor, Big Blue Limiter and Big Blue Compressor to version 1.0.8, 1.0.6, 1.1.2, and 1.0.2.
Big Blue Compressor gets a new graphic user interface.
Big Blue Compressor features a brand new alternative skin designed by Scott Kane. All updates include an important bug fix for 64-bit VST users.
Changes in 112dB plugins
- 64-bit VST version sometimes caused a crash on Windows systems with more than 4 gig memory.
- Sample rate wasn’t retrieved correctly from the host (AU).
- Latency wasn’t communicated correctly to certain hosts.
- Several potential memory leaks have been resolved.
The updates are free for all registered users.
More information: 112dB
H.E.Audio has released Poetic Guitar 2, a collection of virtual guitar instruments for Windows and Mac.
Poetic Guitar 2 has been developed over two years; designed from the ground up, taking on board customer feedback from the Poetic Guitar 1 series, to provide professional quality sound, better performance and a more enjoyable intuitive, interactive experience.
Poetic Guitar 2 features
- Over 9GB of professionally played and recorded acoustic guitar samples.
- Custom mic placement recording designed for artifact free Stereo to Mono sound field.
- Sample Streaming technology accesses guitar sample banks.
- Sample Circulation Techniques employ multiple sample layers which are alternated to produce a performance.
- All new Chord and Strum system allows guitar performances for both novice and expert users.
- The Strum Sequence function allows a user to create rhythm patterns for chord and/or string plucking.
- An 8-stage graphical envelope allows the user to shape the sound anyway you choose.
- ‘A.I.’ settings determine how strictly the guitar adheres to string and fingering of real guitars.
- Many different playing techniques are utilized by pressing a Keyswitch, allowing the user to add Harmonics, Slide Up, Slide Down, Hammer On, Pull Off, Slide In, Slide Out or Mute styles into a performance. Also, note bending and true guitar finger vibrato are supported.
- Legato mode techniques for playing styles Slide Up/Slide Down and Hammer On/Pull Off, designed to make keyboard playing these styles more simple.
- Auto-playing Natural Noises. When activated, many different types of string or finger noise sounds will be played automatically, designed to provide a quick and easy way to add more realism to a performance.
- Velocity Sensitivity & Contour. The Guitar provides many velocity contour modes to suit a particular playing style.
- Comprehensive Effects Section: Nine Effects: Gate, Compressor, Overdrive, Tremolo, 5 Band EQ, Chorus, Pitch Shifter, Stereo Echo, Reverb.
The Poetic Guitars 2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) cost $99 USD (single instrument) / $169 USD (2 instruments) / $208 USD (3 instruments).
More information: H.E.Audio
Humanoid Sound Systems has released a public beta of Enzyme, a “scanned synthesis” instrument for Windows and Mac.
Enzyme incorporates all the popular features of our Scanned Synth Pro, but takes its scanning synthesis in several new directions simultaneously.
Sample import is now available so you can resynthesise existing sounds with automatic pitch detection and click-free looping, while Hybrid Scanned/FM synthesis is also on offer for even more sonic possibilities.
- Next generation Scanned Synthesis Engine with Sample import function & Hybrid Scanned/FM synthesis options.
- Multiple scanner options for fatter ‘Unison Mode’, brighter ‘Harmonic’, or imported ‘Explorer Mode’ with imported samples.
- New Effects Rack, allowing practically unlimited layering of effects such as analog modelled filters, reverb, chorus, flanger, and destortion.
- Automatable performance controls, allowing control of important parameters from a single location and multiple parameters to be controlled using a single control.
- Alternative tunings.
- VST 2.4, Audio Units (AAX Support coming soon).
- Support for both 32 and 64 bit architectures under both Windows and OS X.
- As with SSP, each Enzyme voice includes a complex Scanning Oscillator with hammer, wave, mass and connection matrix controls, a 7-mode resonant filter, three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs, and a separate Multi-Effects section featuring reverb, tempo-synced echo, chorus, flanger and 7-mode resonant filter.
Enzyme for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $49.99 USD. Note: This is still officially a beta version of Enzyme but it is totally safe to run on your computer.
More information: Humanoid Sound Systems / Enzyme
, Camel Audio
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Dec 03, 2013
Camel Audio has announced a 50% discount on its Alchemy sample manipulation synthesizer instrument until the end of 2013.
Until the 31st, Alchemy will be available for only 124 USD / 99 EUR / 89 GBP.
Alchemy includes a huge production-ready sound library featuring over 1000 presets and a 5.5GB sample library, plus powerful editing abilities to manipulate samples in just about any way you can imagine.
In addition to this, we’ve also discounted the following bundles for December only:
- Plugins Bundle – 249 USD / 199 EUR / 179 GBP
- Alchemy Atmospheric or Electronic Bundle – 369 USD / 299 EUR / 249 GBP
More information: Camel Audio / Alchemy