Loomer has released version 1.7.17 of Aspect, a synthesizer instrument for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Aspect is a 32-note polyphonic software instrument that combines a great-sounding, powerful synthesis engine, with a flexible semi-modular architecture and unparalleled ease of use. The core of Aspect’s superb sound are two analog modeled oscillators, each capable of producing a powerful selection of raw waveforms, and dual filters that can be routed in series, in parallel, or even blended into unique combinations.
Changes in Aspect v1.7.17
- New: AAX 64-bit Native plug-ins for Windows and Mac OS X.
- Fixed (Mac OS X VST): UI now renders correctly on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Fixed: Polyphonic aftertouch now works correctly for all presets.
- Feature: Keyboard entry of rotary parameter values. Rotary controls can now be typed directly into by clicking on the text value below the control.
- Improvement: Improved performance on real-time and very low-latency systems.
- Improvement (Windows): The 32-bit and 64-bit VST plug-ins are now installed as separate components. You can choose which one (s) to install, as well as selecting different install folders for each architecture.
- Feature (Linux): Added “Show Directory” to the preset browser, which will will reveal the selected preset directory in your window manager.
- Improvement (Mac OS X): Installer and all installed components are now signed in compliance with Mac OS X’s Gatekeeper system.
- Improvement: Significantly improved UI response speed; reduced CPU usage when parameters are automated whilst the UI is open.
- Improvement (Linux): Presets and configuration files are now located to comply with the XDG Base Directory Specification. Older installations will still use any existing preset library location to maintain backwards compatibility.
- Fixed (Mac OS X Audio Unit): Fixed minor memory leak in parameter names.
Aspect is available for purchase for £65 GBP (excl. VAT).
More information: Loomer / Aspect
Little Endian has released version 2.9.4 of SpectrumWorx, a sound mangling plug-in for Windows and Mac.
SpectrumWorx is a modular effect processor that works exclusively in the frequency domain. Two things make SpectrumWorx vastly different from other effects processors:
– Ability to manipulate the frequency domain, and
Changes in SpectrumWorx v2.9.4
- “User’s guide” button in the About page.
- New image for LFO controlled knobs when automatic knob updating is turned off.
- Undo/redo and VST program changing behaviour and performance (YMMV depending on the host).
- Minor phase vocoder phase coherence improvement in certain edge cases.
- Minor overall performance improvements.
- VST: dynamic automated parameter list functionality (YMMV depending on the host – works nicely with the latest Reaper).
- LFOs for shared module parameters not getting updated with tempo or time signature changes.
- Frequency range control:
- Control name not displayed.
- Wrong control name displayed (Start instead of Stop and vice verse).
- Rare crashes while manually operating the control.
- Crashes when parsing licences with non-ASCII or “special” characters.
- (PVD) PitchMagnet target frequency parameter unnecessarily quantized (again).
- Broken Ableton Live undo history (partially fixed – still works properly only for “configured” parameters).
- Appearance on scaled and/or “high DPI” displays.
- Automation of power-of-two parameters (e.g. DFT size and overlap factor).
- Host-initiated channel count changes.
- Validation failure in 32-bit mode under OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Random crashes.
- Mono output under Ableton Live.
- OS X 32-bit: auxiliary windows not following the main window.
SpectrumWorx is available to purchase for $119 USD for a single format, or $149 USD for the bundle of formats.
More information: Little Endian / SpectrumWorx
Acon Digital has released version 1.1 of Multiply, a free chorus effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Acon Digital Multiply is a free and versatile chorus effect with a unique twist. Each simulated voice is processed with a phase randomizing filter so that unpleasant comb filter effects are avoided.
The effect can be used to simulate the effect of several performers playing the same tones simultaneously, to widen the spatial image or to create special effects for sound design.
Changes in Multiply v1.1
- CPU optimizations.
- Fixed audio glitches when used as zero latency plug-in in FL Studio.
- Added new level lock button to lock relation between dry and effect levels.
- Fixed incorrect folder for uninstall data in Windows installers.
- Control highlighting of automated parameters in Pro Tools.
- Support for the Ctrl+Alt+Cmd shortcut for the automation menu in Pro Tools.
Multiply for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available to download free of charge.
More information: Acon Digital / Multiply
Manda Audio has set free its MT Power Drum Kit 2, a multi layer drum instrument for Windows and Mac.
The MT Power Drum Kit is a new drum sampler offering the powerful, high-quality sounds of an acoustic, realistic drum kit. Samples have been specially recorded and processed to make them ideally suited to use in pop, rock and metal productions.
The MT Power Drum Kit Sampler differs from other, expensive drum samplers in that we have already pre-processed the sounds with compressors and EQs to make them a perfect fit for any mix. That’s important, since this is precisely where many drum sample programs are weakest. Some of the expensive plugins available on the market deliver a highly natural and dynamic drum kit sound as a solo instrument, but many fail as soon as they are supposed to be used for a complete mix in a powerful pop or rock production. Either the kick drum suddenly sounds much too slack or fuzzy in the mix, or the snare drum, which initially sounds so natural and dynamic, in solo mode suddenly gets lost in the background in the overall mix, drowned out by the guitars and other instruments. But this is exactly where the MT Power Drum Kit is strongest. Its kick and snare drums come through clearly in any mixing situation – and still sound natural and not overly compressed.
MT Power Drum Kit 2 is available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Manda Audio
Xfer Records has updated its Serum wavetable synthesizer instrument to version 1.01, introducing new features, enhancements and various fixes and improvements.
The dream synthesizer did not seem to exist: a wavetable synthesizer with a truly high-quality sound, visual and creative workflow-oriented interface to make creating and altering sounds fun instead of tedious, and the ability to “go deep” when desired – to create / import / edit / morph wavetables, and manipulate these on playback in real-time.
Changes in Serum v1.01
- added: reduced memory footprint by over 200 MB per instance.
- added: Export 16-bit wav option to the Export menu.
- added: pitch-bend will now send and receive automation.
- added: user-loaded wavetables will now display the original custom WT file name in re-opened patches.
- added: alt-clicking an FX “bypass” button (right edge of FX rack) will set all enabled FX to that state.
- added: modified/save-able wavetables now draw a faint-blue in the background of table name, to help indicate edited state.
- added: text parameter displays (e.g. Octave, delay time, etc) respond to mouse wheel events.
- added: Aftertouch is now smoothed to prevent quick discrete jumps (zippering).
- added: A default MIDI controller map is now supported: a map saved as ‘efault.mmp” will autoload and persist preset loading.
- added: mouse-down on controls displays parameter value (no longer requires ‘knob’ movement for value ‘tooltip’ display).
- added: CPU reduction for Windows VST_x64 + AAX versions.
- fixed: OS X: a potential crash opening the GUI in Logic X.
- fixed: OS X: ctrl-click (right-click substitute) on LFO or FFT context menu was not working on 64-bit hosts.
- fixed: WIN: GUI Fix for mouse cursor changing to a ‘wait’ cursor when leaving.
- fixed: WIN: Serum Presets folder automatically selected in default location.
- fixed: WIN: Cancelling a file dialog was resulting in MACRO1 name getting selected for text entry.
- fixed: WIN: keyboard focus for text entry was impossible in FL Studio.
- fixed: GUI: needed to re-select noise tool for noise to reference current frame.
- fixed: GUI: issues with location of ‘value tips’ drawing.
- fixed: GUI: context menu pop-up location for FX controls was offset from click location.
- fixed: GUI: animation would not continue when a voice was stolen in b4.
- fixed: GUI: FFT bin values when drawing the the mouse were incorrect in b3.
- fixed: GUI: poly/mono shader was not always updating state in b3.
- fixed: GUI: additional multiple-checkmark bugs in menus.
- fixed: GUI: expanded mouse-click area on FX switches (E.G ‘BPM’ Switches) to include more mouseable area on the label.
- fixed: GUI: multi band comp metering would not always display on some hosts.
- fixed: GUI: shift-alt-click to toggle Uni/Bi on lower knobs which are valid mod destinations (ADHSR, LFO rate) were not functioning correctly.
- fixed: GUI: checkmark bugs in menus (multiple checked items or checkmark not updating with <> advance buttons).
- fixed: GUI: Asym+ and – were represented as the opposite in 2d waveform (compared to audio).
- fixed: GUI: last LFO line segment could become a ‘phantom segment’ if multiselected and double-clicking to remove the right-most removable point.
- fixed: GUI: undo buffer was allowing undo when it shouldn’t have been possible on windows.
- fixed: DSP: enabling mono with more than one note sounding could lead to a stuck note.
- fixed: DSP: LFO Rate was still not acting polyphonic with a lot of mod sources.
- fixed: DSP: wet/dry mix on filters had no effect on L6 and H6.
- fixed: DSP: crash protection for changing warp mode with notes playing.
- fixed: DSP: crash protection for adding/removing modulation assignments with notes playing.
- fixed: DSP: potential stuck notes when exceeding patch polyphony w/ “allow one of any given note number” preference enabled.
- fixed: DSP: a problem with the phaser Freq at highest frequency settings causing potential DSP overload.
- fixed: DSP: WTPos being set to maximum value via modulation assignments could crash on first note on.
- fixed: DSP: FX filters were not completely initializing on preset changes which could lead to audio dropout or a crash on preset change.
- fixed: DSP: a problem with formulas with ‘rint’ not working (rounded integer).
- fixed: DSP: threading issue could lead to garbled sound on the playing note or a crash when add/removing tables from the WT editor with a note held.
- fixed: DSP: LFO rate as a mod destination would only process on the most recent note.
- fixed: DSP: linking note number or velocity to Warp amount could crash in some situations.
- fixed: DSP: potential crash relating to new notes and LFO/Env modulation.
- fixed: DSP: potential crash after saving a MIDI map.
- fixed: DSP: potential crash with mono toggle button while notes are playing.
Serum for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase at a 33% discount until October 31st, 2014. The update is free to existing Serum users.
More information: Xfer Records / Serum
More posts that match this tag
Positive Grid has announced the release of BIAS Desktop, a groundbreaking guitar amp modeler with Amp Matching technology that offers an entirely new concept of putting any tube amplifier tone and feel into a plug-in … read more
Blue Cat Audio has released an update for the Blue Cat’s PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer plug-ins, improving compatibility with third party plug-ins and adding new interoperability features. Both plug-ins can now load more VST and … read more
Outbound link: Blue Cat Audio
– Related: AAX
, Blue Cat
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 20, 2014 - 0 comments
MeldaProduction has released version 5.02 of MDrummer, a virtual drum instrument for Windows and Mac. MDrummer has been updated to 5.02 bringing several improvements (user interface, MAmp plugin, song tab features…), optimizations and fixes. It … read more
LSR Audio has released version 1.1.4 of its VLB525 software emulation of the classic 525 FET compressor. The 525 compressor first appeared in the early 70’s. It was integrated as a 500 module in famous … read more
Voxengo has updated its SPAN and Overtone GEQ free effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac, providing minor fixes and adding VST3 support. SPAN is a real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plug-in for professional … read more
Soundlib has released version 2.1 of G-Player, a Gigastudio file player instrument for Windows and Mac. Forget converting and importing with random results. Save time and disk space. G-Player plays all your Gigastudio™ sound libraries … read more
Klevgränd Production has launched Vandelay, a delay effect for iOS and AU. Vandelay provides three separate delays in as many frequency regions. Each delay has an LFO that modulates the pitch of the audio stream. … read more
Plugin Boutique has released version 1.01 of VirtualCZ, a synthesizer instrument inspired by the Casio CZ series of digital synthesizers. Many people fondly remember the CZ synths and they have become retro-classics that are highly … read more
Tritik has released a public beta of TkDelay, a versatile delay effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. From classic delays to experimental sounds, tkDelay will accompany your needs and creativity. You can Fully evaluate tkDelay … read more
Schaak Audio has released version 2.50 of Transient Shaper, a transient processor plug-in for Windows and Mac. Transient Shaper allows shaping the dynamics with 2 knobs only, making it uniquely easy and fast to use … read more
DDMF has announced the release of Metaplugin in RTAS format. DDMF’s extremely popular plugin chainer/wrapper Metaplugin has now also been released in RTAS format. As we’ve found out that there are still a lot of … read more
Today is the last day to get 30% off u-he’s new Bazille hybrid modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac. Bazille is a large modular system combining digital oscillators with analogue-style filters and modelled effects, … read more
Outbound link: u-he
– Related: AAX
, instrument plugins
Posted in archive
on Oct 15, 2014 - 0 comments
Bedroom Producers Blog has launched FilterCrusher, a free filter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. FilterCrusher is a free dual filter effect built around a tube simulation circuit which is based on Audio Assault’s superb … read more
Khaelis Software has announced the release of TranSep, a powerful Transient Designer plug-in for Windows and Mac. TranSep can add or soften attacks, add punch or remove “clicking” effects. It can also soften harsh sounds … read more
Way Out Ware and Sonivox have teamed up to re-release TimewARP 2600, a synthesizer instrument plugin for Windows and Mac. TimewARP 2600 is now also available in 64-bit with added support for OS X 10.9 … read more