iZotope has released Ozone 6, the latest version of the creative mastering suite for Windows and Mac.
Elevate a good-sounding mix to a professional-sounding master with Ozone. iZotope’s critically acclaimed mastering software has all the tools you need to produce a full and polished sound.
With a striking new interface and a modern workflow, Ozone 6 both guides and inspires your creativity at every step.
The Advanced version of Ozone 6 includes a powerful new Dynamic EQ that lives and breathes with your music, as well as eight component plug-ins and a suite of configurable meters.
Changes in Ozone 6
- New Analog Hardware-modeled EQ filter shapes — Harness the sonic characteristics of classic EQ designs with new filter shapes including Baxandall Bass and Treble filters and API-style Proportional Q filters. Also new to Ozone 6 are Band Shelf filters and Resonant High and Low shelves.
- Surgical Mode — All digital linear-phase filters are now matched to analog shapes; however, Surgical Mode allows you to utilize the precision of digital shapes for extreme cuts with minimum slope.
- Variable EQ Phase Control — Digital linear-phase filters now feature per-node variable phase control for subtly adding phase delay to smooth out boosts that may sound harsh.
- Seamless Bypass — Audition changes to your audio by gain-matching bypassed audio to your Ozone-processed signal for faster and more accurate A/B testing.
- Customizable Signal Chain — Host your third-party VST/AU plug-ins in the standalone application. Then build your mastering signal chain from scratch or load a preset and add, remove, and swap the order of modules.
- Module Gain Meters — Monitor gain-staging across processing modules with Module Gain Meters that instantly illustrate where you’re boosting and cutting gain across your signal chain.
- Transient Emphasis — Preserve rhythmic detail while maximizing loudness with Transient Emphasis, which adds smart emphasis to transients by preserving sharp attacks.
- Diode and Dual Triode Exciter Modes — Modeled after actual hardware circuitry, these Exciter modes offer vintage saturation from subtle warmth to more pronounced edge.
- Stereoize Control — Add width to narrow or mono recordings without introducing phase artifacts.
- Variable Knee Compression — Get precise control over compression characteristics by choosing between hard and soft compression.
- Dynamics Detection Enhancements — Simulate smoother analog-style compression with both High-Pass and API Thrust-inspired Tilt filters. Use the True Envelope detection mode for RMS-style compression (flat frequency response and low distortion) triggered equally across the frequency spectrum.
- New Presets — All newly designed presets utilize the improvements introduced in Ozone 6 including new Component Plug-in Presets with Ozone Advanced.
- Standalone Application — Now available as both a plug-in and as a standalone application, Ozone 6 adds a number of forward-thinking features that simplify traditional mastering workflows, including:
- Automatic color-coded waveform segmentation.
- Tops/tails trims and fades with multiple shape types.
- Third-party plug-in hosting (VST/AU Support).
- Single/all-track export with iZotope SRC (sample rate conversion).
- Auto-adjusted MBIT+ Dither at output.
- Fully contained project folders.
Changes in Ozone 6 Advanced
- Dynamic EQ Module — Ozone Advanced adds the new Dynamic EQ module, an EQ that lives and breathes with your music. Harness the precision of an equalizer with the musical ballistics of a compressor. Integrated with an intuitive workflow, these processors work in concert to create a valuable mastering tool that excels where traditional EQs and compressors fail.
- Dynamic EQ Component Plug-in — Ozone 6 Advanced also includes a component Dynamic EQ plug-in for use throughout your audio editing software signal chain.
Ozone 6 is available for purchase for the introductory price of $199 USD through November 13th, 2014 (regular $249 USD). Ozone 6 Advanced is $599 USD (regular $999 USD).
More information: iZotope / Ozone 6
Tek’it Audio has announced the release of Uinku, a fold-back distortion effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Uinku creates subtle harmonic changes to extreme distortion helped by the “Drive” control to add saturation and the “Color” control in an effort to bake the perfect tones.
The interface features a “Mix” control for blending the original sound with the sound of Uinku and an “Output Gain” control with a clipper stage to drive distortion further.
- 2 Flavors of Foldback distortion, including the “Winkl” sound.
- Distortion drive and color controls.
- Mix and output gain controls.
- Activable gain stage clipper.
- Bypass switch.
- x16 Oversampling.
- 64-bit internal processing.
- Full MIDI automation support.
- Preset manager, rename, save, load presets and banks.
- Works in mono or stereo.
- 16 factory presets.
The plug-in is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at 39 EUR / $49 USD.
More information: Tek’it Audio / Uinku
Boz Digital Labs has launched Imperial Delay, a delay effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Imperial Delay was designed from the beginning with two goals: Be the most powerful delay, and be easy to use. As it turns out, those two requirements tend to be at odds with each other. Some delays give you lots of control but require you to get out your lab coat and calculator in order to use it. Other delays sound great with only a couple knobs, but give you almost no options. Imperial Delay does both.
Every option that you would need in a delay is available at the twist of a single knob. If you need more control over those effects, you can enter the advanced controls and experiment to your heart’s content.
Boz Digital Labs’ new preset management system lets you save presets that go far beyond your DAW’s preset saving ability.
Imperial Delay for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for purchase for the introductory price of $59 USD until November 11th, 2014 (MSRP $299 USD).
More information: Boz Digital Labs / Imperial Delay
KV331 Audio has released version 2.6.21 of its SynthMaster and SynthMaster Player instrument plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
This latest update vastly improves startup/waveform import time and adds a long time requested feature: A search text-box and button in the browser area that allows users to type in text to search for the presets they are looking for.
Additional changes in SynthMaster v2.6.21
- New: Added support for reading 64-bit WAV files.
- New: SynthMaster’s CPU Usage % is now displayed on the tooltip window.
- New: SynthMaster now detects waveforms under subfolders of \Waveforms folder.
- Fix: User waveforms are not imported correctly when folder name is longer than 31 characters.
- Fix: Preset browser might jump suddenly when a new preset is selected.
- Fix: Preset bank names are truncated on the Browser tab.
- Fix: Preset browser scroller handle becomes almost invisible when all expansion banks are loaded.
- Fix: Preset names/metadata are not displayed in sorted order.
- Fix: MIDI learn for Easy Parameter 1 doesn’t work.
- Fix: Global MIDI links are removed if loaded preset has its own MIDI mappings.
- Fix: Low cutoff values of digital HP filters create noisy output.
SynthMaster for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for purchase starting at $49 USD.
More information: KV331 Audio
discoDSP has launched a release candidate v6.4.2 of Discovery Pro, a synthesizer instrument for Windows, Mac & Linux.
Discovery Pro is a virtual analog synthesizer emulation featuring multi-layering, parameter morphing, high-quality sound, WAV and SF2 support, PAD re-synthesis and straightforward interface.
Changes in Discovery Pro v6.4.2 RC
- Auto-loop for single cycle waveforms with less than 2048 samples.
- Auto-tune for unlooped waveforms.
- Enhanced voice stealing algorithm.
- Wave oscillator .wav fine-tune support.
Discovery Pro (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 149 EUR / $199 USD. The new release candidate is available for registered customers only at the members panel.
More information: discoDSP / Discovery Pro
More posts that match this tag
Wolfgang Palm has released WaveMapper 2, a greatly expanded version of the WaveMapper synthesizer app for iOS, with many new features, including the WaveMap and new resource merging possibilities. PPG WaveMapper 2 comes with a … read more
Monoplugs has released version 2.0 of its B-Step Sequencer, which is now also available for Mac AU, Android and Raspberry Pi. Monoplugs B-Step Step Sequencer Chord Editor. We kept the B-Step 1 base and built … read more
u-he has launched a public beta of Presswerk, a dynamics effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. After Satin, Presswerk is our second construction kit, this time for all sorts of classical compressors. It’s got a … read more
Plugin Boutique has announced a limited time sale on Togu Audio Line plug-ins, offering a 40% discount on the TAL-BassLine-101 and TAL-U-NO-LX synthesizer instruments. TAL-BassLine-101 is a monophonic bass synthesizer with a classic analogue sound. … read more
LVC-Audio is offering rekkerd.org readers a chance to win 1 of 5 free copies of any of its paid effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac. ClipShifter 2 is a wave-shaping audio plugin that functions like … read more
Outbound link: LVC-Audio
– Related: AAX
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 24, 2014 - 81 comments
Loomer has released version 1.7.17 of Aspect, a synthesizer instrument for Windows, Mac and Linux. Aspect is a 32-note polyphonic software instrument that combines a great-sounding, powerful synthesis engine, with a flexible semi-modular architecture and … read more
Little Endian has released version 2.9.4 of SpectrumWorx, a sound mangling plug-in for Windows and Mac. SpectrumWorx is a modular effect processor that works exclusively in the frequency domain. Two things make SpectrumWorx vastly different … read more
Acon Digital has released version 1.1 of Multiply, a free chorus effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. Acon Digital Multiply is a free and versatile chorus effect with a unique twist. Each simulated voice is … read more
Manda Audio has set free its MT Power Drum Kit 2, a multi layer drum instrument for Windows and Mac. The MT Power Drum Kit is a new drum sampler offering the powerful, high-quality sounds … read more
Xfer Records has updated its Serum wavetable synthesizer instrument to version 1.01, introducing new features, enhancements and various fixes and improvements. The dream synthesizer did not seem to exist: a wavetable synthesizer with a truly … read more
Positive Grid has announced the release of BIAS Desktop, a groundbreaking guitar amp modeler with Amp Matching technology that offers an entirely new concept of putting any tube amplifier tone and feel into a plug-in … read more
Blue Cat Audio has released an update for the Blue Cat’s PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer plug-ins, improving compatibility with third party plug-ins and adding new interoperability features. Both plug-ins can now load more VST and … read more
Outbound link: Blue Cat Audio
– Related: AAX
, Blue Cat
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Oct 20, 2014 - 0 comments
MeldaProduction has released version 5.02 of MDrummer, a virtual drum instrument for Windows and Mac. MDrummer has been updated to 5.02 bringing several improvements (user interface, MAmp plugin, song tab features…), optimizations and fixes. It … read more
LSR Audio has released version 1.1.4 of its VLB525 software emulation of the classic 525 FET compressor. The 525 compressor first appeared in the early 70’s. It was integrated as a 500 module in famous … read more
Voxengo has updated its SPAN and Overtone GEQ free effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac, providing minor fixes and adding VST3 support. SPAN is a real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plug-in for professional … read more