, instrument plugins
, New Sonic Arts
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Apr 16, 2014 - 0 comments
New Sonic Arts has announced its Easter Sale, offering a bundle of Granite, Nuance, and Granite Aura at a discounted price for a limited time.
Before the end of April, pick up our entire suite of products for an unbelievable price. With more than 40% savings, now is the perfect time to discover the outstanding sound and next-generation workflow of New Sonic Arts.
Visit www.newsonicarts.com to download demos, check out audio examples and find out more.
The bundle is available for 99 EUR/$119 USD until April 30th, 2014.
More information: New Sonic Arts
LinPlug has released version 3.3 of its Alpha synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Built since 2001, version 3 since 2007, now its updated again. Version 3.3 is coming in 4 flavours.
One of the most classic virtual instruments ever: our Alpha 3.3 Classic Synthesizer.
Changes in Alpha v3.3
- New, scale-able User Interface.
- New full window bank/preset browser.
- Undo / redo functionality.
- Noise now in three colours: white, pink and brown.
- Prev/next switch for browsing through oscillator waveforms.
- Pitch bend range now saved per preset.
- Matrix now with 11 slots.
- Filter drive/saturation now as destination in the matrix.
- Main pan position now as destination in the matrix.
- New random and alternate modulation sources.
- All LFO now with same features.
- Controller mapping for modulation wheel and aftertouch/pressure.
- Several new setup options.
Alpha for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $79 USD / 59 EUR.
More information: LinPlug / Alpha
Joey Sturgis Tones has launched JST Clip, a powerful peak clipper built for sonic perfection.
JST Clip is my version of a clipper that is built with the mixing and mastering engineer in mind.
This powerful peak clipper is designed to be the last stage of dynamic control while preserving your transients and generating harmonic saturation. Prevent digital overs with pleasing sonics, and increase the boldness of your source with ease.
JST Clip for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for the introductory price of $25 USD.
More information: Joey Sturgis Tones / JST Clip
Plugin Boutique has announced the release of BigKick, a kick drum instrument plug-in in collaboration with Credland Audio.
The drum kit is the rhythm and groove of any track and the kick drum is the hearbeat of the groove. We know how important it is to get the kick drum right in the mix. BigKick was created with the sole intention of allowing producers to achieve the results they have always wanted.
Developed to make kick drum design easy and enjoyable, BigKick has a carefully selected set of features to help you get results quickly. And, unlike many other tools, the controls are limited to values that produce useful kick drum samples. It also lets you make the best possible use of existing sound libraries in your collection.
Big Kick features
- Kick drum synthesis – can replicate the majority of today’s and yesterday’s kick sounds.
- Factory library includes >300 attack types and 110 presets.
- Tuned kick drums.
- Easily integrates with your existing sample libraries.
- Easier to use than any previous kick drum design tool.
- Drag-and-drop sample creation.
- Auto-play mode for instant start and jamming.
- No phase shift free sound shaping.
- High pass filter (again, phase shift free): avoid nasty surprises in the bottom end.
Big Kick for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for £34.95 GBP.
More information: Plugin Boutique / BigKick
MeldaProduction has updated its effect plug-ins to version 8.00.
8.00 is a huge major update, which brings a complete GUI restructuralization, better & faster stylable and resizable GUI engine, GPU acceleration, powerful metering engine, and much more.
It is highly recommended to install this update. Please use the newest installers from our download page.
MMultiBandRhythmizer and MDynamicsLimiter plugins are now available separately.
Changes in v8.00
- New resizeable & style GUI engine with several new styles and style wizard, improved style settings and much more.
- New user interfaces have been upgraded for easier and quicker workflow.
- GPU accelerated drawing minimizes CPU requirements for graphical processing leaving it for audio processing.
- New powerful metering engine is available in most of the plugins and provides both classical metering as well as versatile time graphs.
- MMultiBandRhythmizer and MDynamicsLimiter are now available separately.
- Added external side-chain to all plugins with modulators.
- Sliders & knobs now provide text edit window on double-click.
- Improved VST3 and AU support, including overall compatibility, latency updating, user interfaces etc.
- Added external side-chain to MModernCompressor, plus several new features and brand new interface.
- Ctrl+arrow now detects words in text input fields.
- New exhaustive documentations are available from the website.
- Added true hold mode to improve hold behaviour to MDynamics, MModernCompressor, MMultiBandDynamics, MDynamicsLimiter.
- Added super-fast attack mode further increasing compressor speed to MDynamics, MModernCompressor, MMultiBandDynamics, MDynamicsLimiter, MSpectralDynamics.
- Added ducking mode to MAutoVolume.
- Added advanced dynamic detector features to MSpectralDynamics.
- Added peak hold feature to MDynamicsLimiter and MMultiBandLimiter.
- Added frequency range to MTuner.
- Added panorama law to MUtility.
- Fix: Multiparameter banks randomization was crashing in the previous version.
- Fix: MMultiBandLimiter didn’t show Slope as a slider instead of a button.
- Fix: MRhythmizer & MMultiBandRhythmizer didn’t show correct units for points and in zoomed mode.
- Fix: MDynamics & MMultiBandDynamics didn’t audition side-chain correctly when spectral smoothing was enabled.
- Fix: Resizing wasn’t working after switch of style or sliders/knobs/buttons.
- Fix: A few envelope modes could lead to a crash.
- Fix: Signal generator could generate slightly incorrect shapes in some extreme settings.
- Fix: AU versions now correctly update latency when changed due to settings (upsampling, LP crossover…). You may need to restart playback twice in some hosts.
- Fix: Inter-band latency compensation for MMultiBandDynamics and MMultiBandLimiter didn’t work for analog crossovers.
- Fix: Simulate realistic shapes feature in MMultiBandVibrato & MVibrato didn’t work.
- Known compatibility issues:
- Threshold of MModernCompressor extended to -80dB.
- MDynamicsMini, MDynamicsSideChain, MAutoEqualizerMini and MAutoEqualizerLinearPhaseMini have been discarded. If you need them, install 7.13 first, then install newest version over it.
- There may be hardly noticeable (but still) differences in sound produced by MReverb & MMultiBandReverb, which now allows glitch free modulation of X/Y position.
- Automation channels may have change for MRingModulator.
The updated installers are now available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: MeldaProduction
Reveal Sound has released version 1.0.13 of its Spire synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Spire is a software polyphonic synthesizer that combines powerful sound engine modulation and flexible architecture, a graphical interface provides unparalleled usability.
Changes in Spire v1.0.13
- Add: Oscillator Type “SawPWM”.
- Fixed: Some DSP & GUI issues.
- Update: Factory Bank 5.
The Spire synthesizer for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 139 EUR.
More information: Reveal Sound
Xfer Records has announced updates for Nerve, Cthulhu and LFOTool, which are now available in Pro Tools AAX format.
Cthulhu is now VST (32 and 64 bit), AudioUnit (both 32 and 64, and a MIDI FX version for Logic X), and ProTools AAX (32 and 64-bit for OSX and Windows).
LFOTool and Nerve are now VST (32 and 64 bit), AudioUnit (both 32 and 64) and ProTools AAX (32 and 64-bit for OSX and Windows).
updates are free, as always!
More information: Xfer Records
Related: Applied Acoustics Systems
, instrument pluigns
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in news
on Apr 11, 2014 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique has announced a flash sale on the Tassman 4 modular synthesizer by Applied Acoustics Systems, offering a 50% discount for a limited time.
Tassman is an extremly rich modular sound synthesis environment based on physical modeling. It is both an impressive collection of unique synths and effect processors, and a tightly integrated synthesis studio which lets you customize instruments in any way you wish or even create your own from scratch.
Tassman 4 features
- Audio bit-depth and sample rates up to 24-bit/192?kHz.
- MIDI and host automation support.
- MIDI Program Change support.
- Host tempo synchronization.
- Standalone operation—no host application required.
Tassman 4 for Windows and Mac is available at a 50% discount from Plugin Boutique until April 14th, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Tassman 4