Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.4 of its PatchWork plug-in host for Windows and Mac.
This new version includes MIDI channel filtering for plug-ins input, parallel processing chains improvements (selectable summing mode and solo buttons), and several compatibility improvements on Mac.
Changes in Blue Cat PatchWork v1.4
- Selectable parallel processing chains summing mode: sum or average.
- Solo button for parallel chains.
- MIDI Channel filtering for each plug-in input.
- Fixed undo/redo incompatibilities with some plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed crash introduced in 1.3 when trying to load missing VST plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed wrong plug-in instantiated in some cases when selected from a VST shell package.
- (Mac) Fixed crash after closing the editor of an Audio Unit plug-in loaded with SoundRadix’s 32Lives.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is available for purchase for 59 EUR/$79 USD.
More information: Blue Cat Audio / PatchWork
New Sonic Arts has released version 1.5007 of Nuance, a sampler instrument for Windows and Mac.
Finally, a sampler designed the way you want it. Fast workflow, pristine sound quality – and no bloat.
Proudly standing out from the crowd of complex and cumbersome samplers, Nuance’s streamlined and intuitive approach will boost your productivity and inspire you to create new sounds – fast.
Changes in Nuance v1.5007
- Pad Audition button.
- Empty pads can now be selected.
- CPU optimizations.
- Improved interpolation quality.
- Modulation amount now displayed on header.
- Crash in OSX / Logic 9.
- Windows installer would not run on 32bit systems.
- Start modulation was broken.
- Loop modulation fixes.
- Various minor bug fixes.
Nuance for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase at a 40% discount until July 31st, 2014.
More information: New Sonic Arts / Nuance
Flux has released v3 of Ircam Tools Spat, an advanced and sophisticated tool for room acoustics simulation and localisation, managing both spatialisation (source localisation) and room acoustic simulation in a truly consistent and visually logical way.
Designed for surround and multi-channel use, Spat v3 presents the option to setup the output arrangements providing a variety of stereo and surround configurations, including subwoofer configuration. With eight input and output channels available in SPAT, configurations up to 7.1 and 8.0 are feasible.
Each of the up to eight incoming audio channels is internally mapped to a range of Virtual Sources localized in a 3D space, and connected to a room (a reverb). Up to 3 rooms in parallel are provided, presenting the option to simulate complex spaces (coupled room acoustics).
Spat v3 introduce state of the art techniques for room acoustics simulation utilizing advanced perceptive models, concealing the complexity behind the actual algorithms, allowing for intuitive and accommodating user interaction capabilities.
Spat for Windows and Mac (AU/VST/AAX) costs $1379 USD / 1029 EUR. An introductory 30% discount is available for a limited time. For all current Spat users the Spat v3 software is a free update. Ircam Spat v3 includes a licence for Ircam Verb v3 as well.
More information: Flux / Ircam Tools Spat
, drum machine
, group buy
, instrument plugins
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in news
on Jul 24, 2014 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique is offering a 50% discount on the FXpansion Tremor analog-modeled drum synthesizer instrument in an exclusive group deal.
FXpansion is proud to present Tremor: a software drum machine with powerful synthesis, effects, modulation and step-sequencing. DCAM circuit-modelled sound generation is fused with new ideas to produce original sounds with the punch and extreme sound pressure of old-school analogue. Tremor’s dance drums, funky beatscapes, abstract machines and undiscovered sonic terrain are suited to all kinds of electronic, urban and experimental music.
- Synthetic drum machine software.
- DCAM-modelled synthesis and FX.
- Specialised oscillator with drumskin vibration partials.
- Filtering and drive with multiple responses.
- Deep, intuitive TransMod modulation system.
- Polyrhythmic pattern step-sequencer.
- VST, AU, RTAS and standalone for Mac and Windows.
Tremor is available at 50% off from Plugin Boutique for a limited time. Use coupon code TREM50 at checkout.
More information: Plugin Boutique / FXpansion Tremor
XILS-lab has announced the release of XILS DeeS, a new transparent de-esser effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
With the help of the XILS DeeS you can get rid of all the Voice recordings faults and problems in a flash, while preserving their unique, precious character.
Getting clean, professional vocals, dubbing recordings, restoring voices in all their beauty has never been so easy.
- Easy to use: Find the sweet spot in a flash and remove all unwanted signals. Just move the Frequency Knob and apply Reduction. No more sibilance.
- Easy to understand: Clear Dual Signal path. Solo buttons for each channel (Voice, Sibilants).
- Visualize what you do: Instant Correlation between ears, eye and brain in a glance with the fast, precise 4 signals real time Frequency Graph (Bottom of unit).
- Easy to tweak: Go further and adapt the character of a voice to your project. Or make special effects and creative use of the DeeS.
- Entirely Transparent: No filter sweep effect like with traditional similar tools.
- Fast: The detection can be applied as fast as it should be, resulting in lively, natural voices (No more lifeless voices).
- Input independent detection: Retains the whole dynamic range of the incoming audio.
- Simple: Sibilant and Voice Channels are clearly identified on each UI part: Knobs, Graphs share common color code.
- Exclusive: Plosive detection for better recognition.
- Then go even further: Endless possibilities to change, adapt, or polish the character of voices with two independent EQing audio paths (Analog like 0-delay-feedback filters).
XILS DeeS for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for the introductory price of 59 EUR until September 1st, 2014 (regular 89 EUR).
More information: XILS-lab / XILS DeeS
Plugin Boutique has released version 1.5.0 of BigKick, a kick drum instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
It’s got the same great kick drums, but with more creative options, bug fixes and better performance. And with a clearer GUI.
Changes in KickDrum v1.5.0
- You can play the pitch of the kick drum with your MIDI keyboard.
- Vastly extended hold and decay times and a great new envelope shape for those really long kicks and booms.
- Drag and drop import for attack samples. Drag sounds straight from your track into onto the Load Sample button – it’s very quick and easy!
- New (much warmer) distortion and waveforms for more creative and aggressive sounds.
- Hyper-clean trance drum kicks with the new tough kick drum model.
- Massively improved preset handling, including folder creation, renaming, easier preset browsing, preset-pack creation tools and much more.
- Presets sit right in the mix more quickly with the new built in EQ. Or, if you want, leap out and smack you in the face with the punch control.
BigKick for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for £39.95 GBP.
More information: Plugin Boutique / BigKick
discoDSP has released version 6.4.1 of Discovery Pro, a virtual synthesizer instrument for
Changes in Discovery Pro v6.4.1
- Double clicking a knob resets to original position.
- Mod amount now refects mouse values and OCT range correctly.
- Drop down menu from KeySplit hides after switching presets if it’s displayed.
- Enhanced LCD fonts.
- Filter Attack MIDI CC changed to 38 (like NL2) on all platforms. 89 remains for FL Studio due compatibility issues.
Discovery Pro is available for purchase for $199 USD / 149 EUR. The update is free for 6.x customers.
More information: discoDSP / Discovery Pro