, instrument plugins
, Plugin Boutique
, Sugar Bytes
Posted in news
on Aug 08, 2014 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique has launched a Friday Flash Sale, offering half off the Cyclop synthesizer instrument plug-in by Sugar Bytes.
A powerful monster that has grown out of all the sounds in the universe. And with it comes bass — lots of it.
Synthesis in its purest form. Spectral, digital, or fat analog. Use your own samples as a wavetable, throw effect sequencer orgies, drop on filters and make wobble basses never heard before. Cyclop is here to create new sound.
Wrap your bass around your drums like melted sugar around a hot chili pepper. Cyclop is monophic and it will blow your mind. Wobble bass? Dubstep? Do something completely new!
The sale ends August 11th, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Sugar Bytes Cyclop
, audio editor
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Aug 08, 2014 - 0 comments
iZotope announced RX4 and RX4 Advanced, a new version of the audio repair toolkit for Windows and Mac.
iZotope’s Emmy Award-winning RX software is the most robust and best-sounding audio repair toolkit on the market. Musicians, audio engineers, and post production professionals all use RX to transform noisy, distorted, or flawed audio into pristine material.
Launching this September, the new RX 4 is the ultimate companion to your DAW or NLE. Speed up your workflow with intelligent new modules, time-saving new features, and deeper levels of integration with your host.
New in RX4
- Clip Gain: Easily adjust and balance the volume of vocals and instruments with this new non-destructive editing feature.
- Dialogue Denoiser: Reduce distracting background noise from dialogue and vocals in real time (now a standard feature with both RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced).
- RX Connect: Streamline your process with a round-trip workflow compatible with Pro Tools, Logic, and other popular hosts.
For audio professionals in post production, music production, and mastering, the Advanced version of RX 4 boasts additional time-saving features.
New in RX4 Advanced
- Leveler: Automatically balance the volume of your mix, freeing more time for creative mix decisions.
- EQ Match: Ensure a consistent-sounding mix by seamlessly matching multiple recordings with varying sonic profiles.
RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced will be available September, 2014. Customers who purchase RX 3 or RX 3 Advanced will receive a free upgrade to RX 4 or RX4 Advanced upon release. All previous RX customers will be eligible for special upgrade pricing upon release.
More information: iZotope
Audio Damage has launched Basic, a monophonic synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
While it is designed with ease-of-use, low cost, and simplicity in mind, the panel sits in front of a powerful modern synthesizer engine with an aggressive tone and self-resonating filters that scream when pushed. We’re sure every electronic musician will find a place in the mix for Basic.
- Three alias-free wavetable oscillators with six waveforms each, and oscillator sync.
- A pair of cascaded filters featuring MS20-style lowpass and highpass, and a bandpass of our own design.
- A four-waveform tempo-syncable LFO with waveshaper.
- ADSR envelopes for amplitude and filter frequency.
- User-definable soft-saturation.
- A simple and easy-to-understand workflow, inspired by the classic topology of vintage analog synths like the Minimoog, SEM, and MS20, but with modern usability.
- Touchscreen-friendly and highly visible user interface.
- DRM-free, for easy installation and updating.
Basic for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for the introductory price of $39 USD until September 4th, 2014 (regular $49 USD).
More information: Audio Damage / Basic
Mystery Islands has released version 2.0.3 of the JP-80×0 Librarian plug-in, a MIDI & SysEx AU/VSTi editor-librarian plug-in for Windows and Mac.
You ever wanted to control, automate & work with your Roland JP-8000 / JP-8080 by the same way you use your VSTi and AudioUnit plug-ins? Now it’s possible with our Editor-Librarian plug-in that allows you to get your Hardware connected into your DAW. JP-80×0 will recall your patch settings when you open your project and the data will be sent to your JP-8000 / JP-8080 automatically once you open your project.
Changes in JP-80×0 Librarian plug-in v2.0.3
- Saving patches in librarian now appears in pathces list.
- Saving performances in librarian now appears in performances list.
- When librarian edit mode is on, user is not able to flip between patch & performance files.
- Librarian now supports SysEx files (*.syx). Users can now freely copy their SysEx files to patches folder and view them thru the librarian.
- Demo installer now includes Mystery Islands Always Alive, Massive EDM, Alan Marcero Trance presets and Gokosouls Quarantine soundset demos.
- Saving performances now works as expected.
- After user saves or discards data from librarian, patch & performance lists will initialize to original state.
The plug-in is available for purchase for 65 EUR.
More information: Mystery Islands / JP-80×0 Librarian plug-in
Archetype Instruments has released Lokomotiv, a free retro style synthesizer instrument.
Lokomotiv is designed to make your sounds more powerful and create wide range of sounds way easier. It supports both Mac and Windows with native 64 bit processing.
Lokomotiv is an entry for DC’14 (KVR developer challenge 2014) and it’s FREE
- 1 X OSC (Saw+ Pulse) + 1 Sub OSC. Noise Generator.
- 1 X multimode Filter with Drive.
- 1 X LFO, 1 X Envelop Generator.
- 8 polyphonic voices, Mono and Legato mode supported.
- 64 Factory preset included.
- Native 64-bit, Mac and Windows OS supported.
The plug-in is available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Archetype Instruments
Eventide has released version 2.0.15 of UltraChannel, a channel strip effect plug-in with micro pitch and stereo delay.
UltraChannel™ is Eventide’s new 64-bit native channel strip plug-in for AU, VST, and AAX64 for Mac and PC featuring micro pitch functionality from our flagship H8000, stereo delays with variable feedback paths, plus two stages of compression, gating, and five bands of parametric EQ.
Changes in UltraChannel v2.0.15
- Fixed several bugs related to session tempo and session restore when tempo sync is on.
- Fixed default install location for 32 bit Windows VST.
- [v2.0.9] Fixed various issues related to Delay loading, tempo sync, and control.
- [v2.0.9] Fixed an issue where EQ wouldn’t pass audio, or would oscillate on plug-in load in some very rare cases.
- [v2.0.9] Fixed pop on plug-in instantiation or session load if XFormer was engaged.
- [v2.0.9] Improved session tempo compatibility with Logic.
- [v2.0.9] Fixed an issue which was causing extreme CPU loading on some processors in some DAWs.
- [v2.0.9] Corrected typos and improved User Guide.
UltraChannel for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for $249 USD.
More information: Eventide / UltraChannel
Voxengo has updated Marvel GEQ to version 1.3, MSED to version 2.7 and OldSkoolVerb to version 2.3, introducing VST3 support for the these free effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
Marvel GEQ is a linear-phase 16-band graphic equalizer AU and VST plugin with multi-channel operation support (supporting up to 8 input/output channels, audio host application-dependent) for professional music production applications. Marvel GEQ offers extensive internal channel routing capabilities, and supports mid/side channel processing.
MSED is a professional audio encoder-decoder plug-in for mid-side processing which is able to encode (split) the incoming stereo signal into two components: mid-side pair, and vice versa: decode mid-side signal pair into stereo signal.
OldSkoolVerb is a freeware algorithmic reverberation AU and VST plug-in for professional music production applications. This plug-in implements a kind of “classic” stereo reverb algorithm which is technically simple yet optimal. It also produces a very clear spatial image that blends well with the mix.
The plug-ins are available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Voxengo