Impact Soundworks has announced the release of a demo version of Sitar Nation, a Kontakt sample library featuring classical instruments of India.
Sitar Nation has been one of our most successful libraries, having redefined the standard for not only Indian instrument samples, but any kind of world instrument. Now, you can download a free version of Sitar Nation to try out and use in your compositions!
The Sitar Nation demo version contains four patches in NKI monolithic format, meaning they can be loaded in Kontakt 2 and above. These represent only a handful of the patches in the full library, and only show off one mic position. However, the level of depth (velocities, round robins) is the same as the full version, so you can get an idea of the tone and playability of the basic components of the library.
Sitar Nation Demo Version includes
- Sitar Main Patch – The primary plucked articulation of the sitar, limited only in key range. Velocities and round robins are all there.
- Sitar Releases – A patch intended to be loaded on to the same channel as the Sitar Main Patch. Adds release noises at random to add realism to your performance.
- Tampura Main Patch – Just one note of the full tampura main patch, which is a long drone.
- Tabla and Baya – In the full library, these patches are separated and can be loaded together or one at a time as desired. This demo patch combines two strokes from both the tabla and the baya on to one MIDI channel to help accompany your performances.
The Sitar Nation Demo is available as a free download, while the full version has a price of $99 USD.
More information: Impact Soundworks
Impact Soundworks has released Sitar Nation, a sample library for Kontakt.
We came up with the idea for Sitar Nation in mid-2007, after noticing that despite the growing popularity of ethnic instrument libraries, few products sampled non-Western instruments with a level of depth expected from a modern sample library. We spoke with numerous composers and producers who were unhappy with the current offering of ethnic instrument samples which only provided an “overview” of sounds and lacked the detail necessary to provide realistic solo performances.
The sitar, tampura, tabla and baya were chosen for our library not only because these instruments have remained a foundation of Indian classical music for centuries, but also because they have even permeated Western music since the 50s and 60s. Sitar Nation is the first library to capture these instruments with a level of detail and realism normally reserved for violins and pianos, allowing the composer to control and play these beautiful sounds without relying on excessive programming.
Sitar Nation features
- Instruments: Gourdless Sitar (Handcrafted), Tampura, Tabla & Baya.
- 18 main patches, covering a variety of important playing techniques for all four instruments.
- All of these sounds can be loaded from up to three positions: close, room, and ambient.
- 17 FX patches which take the core audio content into new directions using both pre-rendered offline processing and effects/programming within Kontakt. The result is a wide variety of highly useful sounds, from drones and percussion to chimes, pads and keyboards.
- All samples are 24-bit, stereo, 44.1 kHz.
Sitar Nation is available for Kontakt (version 2 and above) for $119 USD.
Visit Impact Soundworks for more information and audio demos.