Voxengo has released version 3.11 of Elephant, a mastering limiter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Elephant is a highly competitive plug-in for mastering applications: it features a variety of limiter modes that can be deeply customized, and a comprehensive set of level metering tools, including headroom estimation and K-system metering.
Elephant’s built-in linear-phase oversampling is an important element in achieving high-quality peak limiting and loudness maximization.
Changes in Elephant v3.11
- Added “dBFS.30″ and “dBFS.15″ metering options.
- The “Bypass” switch now bypasses all processing stages completely, including the dithering stage.
- Fixed minor spectral error when switching oversampling from 8X to 4X or from 4X to 2X.
- Added VST3 support.
The Elephant plug-in (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $119.95 USD.
More information: Voxengo / Elephant
Minimal System has announced a limited time sale on its Mastering Limiter effect plug-in for Windows.
The Mastering Limiter from Minimal System is a high end audio processing advanced peak limiter designed to maximize both the level of the digital signal and the resolution of your final rendered file.
The Mastering Limiter’s lookahead peak limiter algorithm provides the mixing and mastering engineer with the capability to increase resolution and production master levels with precise control. Specifically designed for mastering, digital editing, multimedia, and any application that requires limiting of the digital signal with highest quality; the Mastering Limiter is perfect addition to your mixing and mastering tool set.
In order to ensure the maximum possible resolution of a processed signal, it is very highly recommended that the Mastering Limiter be used last in the processing chain.
The plug-in (Windows VST) is available to purchase for £7.50 GBP for 24 hours only (regular £14.99 GBP).
More information: Minimal System / Mastering Limiter
Prism Audio has announced Parallel Compressor, a compressor effect plug-in for Windows.
Parallel Compressor features
- Transparent Compression.
- Virtual analog processing.
- Responsive Effect.
- Fast Attack.
- Dry/Wet control for parallel compression.
- Perfect to add punch and clarity in your tracks.
- Easy-to-use – clean results.
- Use it on anything, drums, bass, chords, master bus…
The plug-in is available to purchase for Windows (VST), priced at $29 USD.
More information: Prism Audio
Pentode audio has announced VTC-1, a vacuum tube compressor effect plugin for Windows.
VTC-1 is special analog modeled virtual VST compressor with warm analog, fat pumping and transparent sound.
Compared to modern compressors PENTODE AUDIO VTC-1 has different inner structure and principle of work: VTC-1 don’t have threshold knob, so you set amount of compression by increasing or decreasing input level same like with old analog tube compressors. Compression amount knob is similar to ratio knob at modern compressors. You can select two curves of compression with switch: significant compression or smooth curve. If you prefer fat/massive sound you can boost input signal of vacuum tubes by turning tube drive knob.
If you want some real sounding analog color to your digital records and characteristic yet transparent compression feel free to try demo version of VTC-1.
- Compression amount knob.
- Standard attack and release knobs with analog modeled behavior.
- Input knob that control amount of compression / level of compression.
- Compression amount knob (similar to ratio selector).
- Switch: significant compression (hard curve) or smooth curve (soft curve).
- Tube drive knob for real sounding analog warmth and saturation.
- Post-gain knob.
- Bypass knob and gain reduction meter.
The plugin is available to purchase for Windows (VST) priced at 17.17 EUR.
More information: 123Creative / VTC-1
McDSP has launched the Compressor Collection, a bundle of dynamic range processors for Reason, including the C670, FRG-4RE, and Moo Tube compressors.
Reason users rejoice! Now you can harness the legendary power of McDSP audio software within Reason as a Rack Extension!
Choose from 3 uniquely and meticulously hand-crafted compressors (or just get the entire collection) to add that warmth and presence that your music has been waiting for!
McDSP Compressor Collection features
- C670 Compressor – The C670 Rack Extension plug-in is a surprisingly flexible compressor in a three knob package. Modeled after vintage equipment valued at over $30,000, the C670 is as classic as they come, in a far more reliable software version complimented by new features not found in the original device.
- FRG-4RE Compressor – The FRG-4RE Rack Extension plug-in is a feed-forward reactive gain compressor (FRG), referred to by McDSP engineering staff as ‘the frog’. The FRG-4RE’s features include a modern compression topology, separately adjustable attack and release controls, and a wide compression ratio control spread, ranging from nearly 1:1 to 20:1.
- Moo Tube Compressor – The Moo Tube Rack Extension plug-in is a software emulation of modern tube based hardware compressors. When you want to fatten up your tracks, don’t have a cow. Get some Moo in your music with the Moo Tube compressor.
The Compressor Collection is available to purchase for 99 EUR. The Rack Extensions are also sold separately for 39 EUR each.
More information: McDSP / Compressor Collection
Minimal System has announced that its Master Compressor VST plug-in for Windows is 50% off for a limited time.
The Master Compressor is an “analogue modelled mixing and mastering processor inspired by classic hardware, with an easy to use interface and accurate analogue character”.
Master Compressor features
- Beautiful analogue modelled compressor.
- Can be used on instrument tracks and the master buss.
- Lot of parameters allow you to really shape your sound.
- Clear GUI Design.
- Very low CPU usage.
The plug-in is available to purchase for £4.99 GBP until January 31st, 2013.
More information: Minimal System / Master Compressor
Minimal System has launched a Holiday Sale, offering its Tri-Comp compressor plug-in at 50% off for a limited time.
If you are looking for the ultimate multiband dynamics processor then you have found it in the latest mixing and mastering plugin from Minimal System Instruments. Just imagine the possibilities of three 1176 compressors combined, each controlling and processing three individual bands of your incoming audio!
Each band of the Tri-Comp gives you full control over compression and limiting, with the addition of Mid/Side processing. The Tri-Comp gives you complete control over your mix, whilst retaining perfect clarity and transparency.
Tri-Comp for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for £19.99 GBP over the Christmas Holiday (regular £39.99 GBP).
More information: Minimal System / Tri-Comp
SoundToys has announced its href=”https://www.soundtoys.com/store/Holiday2013Promo” title=”Hot and Heavy Holidays”>Hot and Heavy Holidays, offering discounts on its Devil-Loc and Radiator plug-ins for a limited time.
Add some serious excitement to your mix with Devil-Loc’s crushing heavy compression, and Radiator’s warm tube flavor, tone and drive.
Unleash both of them on vocals, guitars, synths – anything that needs more kick in the attitude. Plus they are red and green and that’s crazy festive.
The Devil-Loc and Radiator plug-ins are available to purchase for $99 USD each until December 24th, 2013 (regular $129 USD each). Free versions of Devil-Loc or Little Radiator can be upgraded for $69 USD each during this promotion.
More information: SoundToys / Hot and Heavy Holidays