db audioware has released version 1.0.4 of Vocal Intensifier, a plug-in that contains an advanced algorithm designed to make vocals sit more prominently in the mix, without destroying the detail in the original performance.
Changes in Vocal Intensifier v1.0.4
- Resolved crash in SONAR 6 & 7 when changing presets or pressing power button.
- Fixed param display (values should appear under the output meter when controls adjusted).
Vocal Intensifier is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) and costs $79 USD / 59 EUR. A demo is available for download.
Visit db audioware for more information.
db audioware has released Vocal Intensifier, a plug-in for improving vocal recordings.
Vocal Intensifier contains an advanced algorithm designed to make vocals sit more prominently in the mix, without destroying the detail in the original performance.
From the product page:
At the heart of Vocal Intensifier is a technique known as parallel compression (also known as “New York compression”). We combine this with a top quality vocal effect chain (containing gating, EQ, compression, de-essing & limiting, all tuned perfectly for vocals), and present it in an incredibly easy to use interface with only four controls.
Vocal Intensifier features
- Advanced algorithm boosts vocals without loss of detail.
- Efficient user interface saves valuable studio time.
- Uses parallel compression technique, tuned for vocals.
- Encapsulates 64 bit EQ, compression, de-essing & limiting.
- Inherently phase-coherent design.
- Full MIDI control, with easy to use MIDI Learn.
Vocal Intensifier is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) and costs $79 USD / 59 EUR.
Visit db audioware for more information and a link to download the demo version of Vocal Intensifier.
db audioware has released Flying Haggis, a virtual guitar amp designed like a traditional analogue amp to have a unique sound with a no-nonsense intuitive interface.
Flying Haggis features
- ultra low latency for responsive live playing.
- irresistible user interface.
- flexible preset management in standalone player and plug-ins.
- optimised for live performances.
- full MIDI control, with easy to use MIDI Learn.
- plug-ins for PC Windows (VST) and Mac OS X (VST, Audio Units).
- standalone player for PC and Mac (Universal Binary).
Flying Haggis retails at $99 USD / 74 EUR / 49 GBP and is available for immediate purchase and download. (you can still grab it at 25% discount in celebration of db audioware’s 10th anniversary).
Visit db audioware for more information and a link to download a trial version of Flying Haggis.
db audioware has announced the Flying Haggis, a highly original new guitar amp product.
The Flying Haggis is a magical, mythical Scottish creature. Legend has it that those lucky enough to see it are filled with happiness. This legend became the inspiration for db audioware’s latest and finest virtual guitar amp, which is said to produce similar feelings in those who play it.
The Flying Haggis will be available for sale in a few weeks (Price is yet to be announced).
Registered owners of any previous db audioware guitar amps (including Quantum FX) can already download Flying Haggis beta version by logging into their personal support page.
Visit db audioware for more information.
Don’t forget to check db audioware’s other products which have reduced prices (25% discount) for a limited period, in celebration their 10th anniversary in the audio software business.
db audioware has released Sidechain Compression, a new tutorial video.
Side-chaining, and side-chain compression in particular, is one of the hottest topics in digital audio production. More DAWs offer native support for the technique than ever before, but side-chaining in software is still thought to be a dark art, judging by the discussions on many audio forums.
The video presents a step-by-step introduction to two of the most popular applications of this useful technique:
- In broadcast and at live events, Voice Ducking is the classic side-chain compression application in which background music is automatically reduced in volume to allow a voice-over to be heard clearly.
- In dance music production, side-chain compression can be used creatively to open up space for drum loops and let the mix “breathe”.
The video features db audioware’s latest Sidechain Compressor plug-in, which is particularly suited to this tutorial role, since its side-chain operates in exactly the same way whichever audio software is in use, whether or not the software offers native side-chain support.
Visit db audioware to watch this free tutorial video.
db audioware has updated Sidechain Compressor and Sidechain Gate to version 1.1.
New in v1.1
- Feature: Added Gain control to allow manual gain make-up and fine adjustment of the output (compressor only)
- Feature: It is now possible to connect multiple “receive” plug-ins to each Universal Sidechain
- Bug fix: fixed intermittent crash when Listen switch selected
- Bug fix: OS X installer was not working for users lacking admin rights
The noise bursts in the demo versions of both plug-ins have been reduced in repetition and volume so as to be less intrusive.
Sidechain Compressor and Sidechain Gate cost USD 84 each, or USD 126 for both in a bundle.
Visit db audioware for more information and links to download the latest demos of Sidechain Compressor and Sidechain Gate.
db audioware has released two new sidechain plugins, Sidechain Compressor and Sidechain Gate.
Side-chaining compressors are amazingly useful effects. They are standard issue tools for vocal ducking in radio production, to fade out music when a narrator is speaking. They are also insanely popular in dance production, able to make your whole mix “pump” or “breathe” by following a kick drum.
Sidechain Gate lets you perform clever mixing techniques, by using a source track to gate a destination track. For example, you can use a complex hi-hat pattern in one track to rhythmically gate a synth pad in another track. Or simplify a busy bass guitar by gating it from a kick drum track (so the bass guitar is only heard when the kick drum sounds).
Sidechain Series features
- New compression and gating algorithms that deliver an authentic analogue sound with low distortion
- Easy to set up multi track side-chaining, independent of any host routing
- Compressor & Gate plug-ins also work as normal channel insert effects
- EQ and Shape controls in the side-chain permit radical & fine tuning of the plug-ins’ dynamic response and character
- Compressor Auto Gain with brickwall limiter supports extreme compression settings with little or no distortion
- Dual metering for clear visual feedback
- Listen mode to monitor side-chain signal
- VST & Audio Units format for Mac OS X (Universal Binaries); VST format for PC Windows; VST 2.4 support
- Full MIDI control, with easy to use MIDI Learn
- Full 64 bit internal resolution supports any sample rate up to 192kHz
Sidechain Compressor and Sidechain Gate each retail at $84 USD / EUR 62 and are available for immediate purchase and download from the db audioware website. A reduced price bundle of both plug-ins is also offered at $126 USD / EUR 93, a saving of 25%.
Visit db audioware for more information and trial versions of Sidechain Compressor and Sidechain Gate.