Tek’it Audio has released version 1.1 of Winkl, a free foldback distortion effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Winkl is not a subtle distortion, this is well suited for bass and leads, made to make scream your sounds.
Changes in Winkl v1.1
- Bypass bug in Cubase for VST3 format, resolved.
- Sound glitch bug in some configurations, resolved.
- Reduced CPU use.
- Improved GUI background.
- Added about screen (click on Tek’it Audio logo).
Winkl for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available as freeware.
More information: Tek’it Audio / Winkl
Plugin Boutique has launched a Friday Flash Sale on Maul, the multi-band distortion and tone-shaping effect plug-in by FXpansion.
Maul is suited to all music requiring powerful sound-sculpting abilities – everything from subtle warming and loudness generation to shredding distortion and experimental creative effects.
Maul features 3 separate drive stages, each of which can act on a different frequency range with any of 32 distortion types. The available algorithms include DCAM-modelled germanium diode, tube and transistor-based circuits, clippers, overdrives, waveshapers of various kinds and bit-crushing devices for digital distortion flavours. Each drive stage also features control over transient-shaping, saturation circuitry and additional post-process tone filtering.
Maul is 50% off at Plugin Boutique until June 16th, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / FXpansion Maul
123Creative has announced the release of Rock & Metal Boutique, a collection of 7 pedals/stompboxes and 2 universal combos developed in collaboration with G-Sonique.
G-Sonique: Rock & Metal Boutique pedals are designed according to most popular rock and metal pedals from 80s, 90s 00s and using classic G-Sonique technology of recreation of real analog circuits in virtual world.
If you think most virtual pedals sounding digital/flat, try this analog juice. Virtual COMBOs / AMPs were designed according to most popular rock and metal combos with using microphone recording, analyse and impulses from these devices + recreation of amplification circuit in virtual circuit design.
Rock & Metal Boutique features
- RECTAH AMP – Based on famoust vacuum tube metal amp / combo, heavy/fat and aggressive sound, but also very pleasant for ears
- ROCK AMP – Based on worldwide most popular classic rock combo
- Pedals / virtual stompboxes:
- Dirty rodent: Inspired by most popular rock / metal pedal used in dirty 80s and 90s.
- F.O.D. Overdrive: Analog overdirve with very full, yet soft and pleasant sound.
- XTR Distortion: Based on classic rock pedal, with very sharp treble sound, but with incredible analog feeling.
- Brutal assault: Heavy metal energy, nu-skool sound perfect also for nu-metal, industrial etc.
- FUZZ 952: Full analog sounding FUZZ effect, based on classic pedal circuit design.
- Full distortion: Based on universal rock/metal analog pedal distortion.
The plug-in suite is available for Windows (VST) for the introductory price of 16.90 EUR for the first 100 customers (regular 28.90 EUR).
More information: 123Creative / Rock & Metal Boutique
Khaelis Software has announced the release of Unov, a distortion removal effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Unov helps cleaning unwanted recording distortions: you made a mistake when recording your sound and you don’t know what to do? This tool may help.
It has two main modes and a ‘pre’ for heavier distortions. Also an auto mode that detects automatically distorted sounds and removes only these moments of distortion.
The plug-in is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU, AAX coming soon), priced at $99 USD.
More information: Khaelis Software / Unov
Michael Kingston is now offering his RetroBand effect plug-in for Windows and Mac as freeware.
RetroBand models several interaction aspects of gain stages and transformers. It generates IMD and crossover distortions present especially in Class A/B gain stages. RetroBand also features several forms of transient shaping.
- Digital model of interaction between gain stages and transformers.
- Three flexible distortion models with noise modulation.
- Transient shaping within the distortion models.
- Mid-side stereo image controls.
- Advanced noise modes to imprint effects of noise on signal without the hiss and rumble.
- 64-bit signal path with highly optimised algorithms.
RetroBand is available for Windows and Mac (VST).
More information: Michael Kingston / RetroBand
Abletunes has announced Distort3r, a free multi-band distortion rack for Ableton Live.
It’s hard to imagine modern EDM production without good distortion plugin. Distortion is one of those plugins you will need to make your bassline or synth sound filthier and fatter.
And this time we are presenting you our free multi-band distortion rack “Distort3r” for Ableton Live 9.
The rack is a free download at Abletunes.
More information: Abletunes / Distort3r
Blamsoft has released t00b Distortion, a new Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
t00b Distortion contains industrial strength circuit simulation technology used to simulate a popular triode preamp stage. When overdriven, this circuit gives a classic warm tube distortion sound. This isn’t your common black box approximation algorithm, this is real voltages and currents in a circuit simulation with the most accurate tube model available.
Hear the subtle difference of swapping out the tube model. Four models are included. Adjust the tone with a circuit modeled tone stack from the Marshall JCM800 series. Distortion generates high frequencies so a bass boost is available for quick eq compensation. On the back, you have CV inputs available for the knobs and a Quality switch to control the CPU usage. Everything you need to get the tube sound in your mix.
The t00b Distortion is available from the Propellerhead Shop for 32 EUR.
More information: Blamsoft / t00b Distortion