Klevgränd Production has launched SquashIt, a multi-band distortion effect app for iOS and AU plug-in for Mac.
This audio effect filter provides an unique distortion algorithm and should be essential in every music producers toolset.
SquashIt doesn’t sound vintage, it just sounds good. SquashIt is developed by musicians for musicians.
SquashIt for Mac (AU) is available as a free download.
SquashIt for iPad supports Inter App Audio (IAA) and can be connected to Garageband and other IAA compatible iOS applications. It is available at the App Store for $0.99 USD.
More information: Klevgränd Production
Sinevibes has released version 2.0 of Turbulence, an new “wave transformer” plug-in for Mac.
Turbulence is a special distortion processor that literally “bends” and “curls” the input signal in real time, transforming it into completely new synthetic textures. Even the most basic waveforms instantly become rich sounds with great density and character.
Almost all of Turbulence’s parameters are animated by an extremely flexible sequencer with each of its 32 steps having individual transformer model, curve, modulation envelope – allowing easy creation of complex, lively rhythmic soundscapes. Turbulence can also store eight full snapshots of itself within a single preset, letting you switch them during performance or via host automation.
Turbulence for Mac (AU) is available for purchase for $29 USD. To celebrate the release of Turbulence 2.0, Sinevibes is also running a sale. Until July 3rd, 2014, all of its products and bundles are available with 15% discount.
More information: Sinevibes / Turbulence
Z3 Audiolabs has released version 1.5 of Dizztroy, a bitcrush / overdrive / distortion effect plug-in for Windows.
While the focus for Dizztroy originally was on drum distortion, the new feedback parameter and the modulations of the filter and the crusher opens the door to a wide range of new application possibilities like blowing up your lead-synths, guitars, voices but also for creative lo-fi effects, modulated filter effects and many more.
Changes in Dizztroy v1.5
- Added exponential distortion to overdrive selections.
- Added feedback parameter for Drive.
- Added feedback parameter for waveshape distortion.
- Added bandpass filter.
- Envelope following signals can be routed to filter cutoff, filter resonance and crusher.
- Overworked presets + 48 new presets by Tomoroh Hidari (it comes with 80 presets now).
- Completely overworked envelope followers:
- Graphical representation of what’s happening.
- Added a delay parameter.
- Added an amount parameter.
- Performance optimized code.
- Several smaller performance optimizations.
- Overworked GUI.
- Presets are shown in groups now for better overview.
Dizztroy for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for 29.90 EUR. The update is free for existring customers of Dizztroy.
More information: Z3 Audiolabs / Dizztroy
Tek’it Audio has released version 1.1 of Winkl, a free foldback distortion effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Winkl is not a subtle distortion, this is well suited for bass and leads, made to make scream your sounds.
Changes in Winkl v1.1
- Bypass bug in Cubase for VST3 format, resolved.
- Sound glitch bug in some configurations, resolved.
- Reduced CPU use.
- Improved GUI background.
- Added about screen (click on Tek’it Audio logo).
Winkl for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available as freeware.
More information: Tek’it Audio / Winkl
Plugin Boutique has launched a Friday Flash Sale on Maul, the multi-band distortion and tone-shaping effect plug-in by FXpansion.
Maul is suited to all music requiring powerful sound-sculpting abilities – everything from subtle warming and loudness generation to shredding distortion and experimental creative effects.
Maul features 3 separate drive stages, each of which can act on a different frequency range with any of 32 distortion types. The available algorithms include DCAM-modelled germanium diode, tube and transistor-based circuits, clippers, overdrives, waveshapers of various kinds and bit-crushing devices for digital distortion flavours. Each drive stage also features control over transient-shaping, saturation circuitry and additional post-process tone filtering.
Maul is 50% off at Plugin Boutique until June 16th, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / FXpansion Maul
123Creative has announced the release of Rock & Metal Boutique, a collection of 7 pedals/stompboxes and 2 universal combos developed in collaboration with G-Sonique.
G-Sonique: Rock & Metal Boutique pedals are designed according to most popular rock and metal pedals from 80s, 90s 00s and using classic G-Sonique technology of recreation of real analog circuits in virtual world.
If you think most virtual pedals sounding digital/flat, try this analog juice. Virtual COMBOs / AMPs were designed according to most popular rock and metal combos with using microphone recording, analyse and impulses from these devices + recreation of amplification circuit in virtual circuit design.
Rock & Metal Boutique features
- RECTAH AMP – Based on famoust vacuum tube metal amp / combo, heavy/fat and aggressive sound, but also very pleasant for ears
- ROCK AMP – Based on worldwide most popular classic rock combo
- Pedals / virtual stompboxes:
- Dirty rodent: Inspired by most popular rock / metal pedal used in dirty 80s and 90s.
- F.O.D. Overdrive: Analog overdirve with very full, yet soft and pleasant sound.
- XTR Distortion: Based on classic rock pedal, with very sharp treble sound, but with incredible analog feeling.
- Brutal assault: Heavy metal energy, nu-skool sound perfect also for nu-metal, industrial etc.
- FUZZ 952: Full analog sounding FUZZ effect, based on classic pedal circuit design.
- Full distortion: Based on universal rock/metal analog pedal distortion.
The plug-in suite is available for Windows (VST) for the introductory price of 16.90 EUR for the first 100 customers (regular 28.90 EUR).
More information: 123Creative / Rock & Metal Boutique
Khaelis Software has announced the release of Unov, a distortion removal effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Unov helps cleaning unwanted recording distortions: you made a mistake when recording your sound and you don’t know what to do? This tool may help.
It has two main modes and a ‘pre’ for heavier distortions. Also an auto mode that detects automatically distorted sounds and removes only these moments of distortion.
The plug-in is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU, AAX coming soon), priced at $99 USD.
More information: Khaelis Software / Unov