DyVision Works has announced the release of the VideoTape Emulator, an effect plugin that emulates the classic and imperfect texture imparted to audio recorded on video tape.
Take your perfectly good audio and mangle it with an emulation of analog video tape.
Towards the end of its technological life cycle video tape had surprisingly good audio quality. But as anybody who remembers the 80s, video rental stores, and ‘video nasties’ knows, this was not always the case. VCRs & tape could impart an almost overbearing sonic signature to audio material due to factors such as :
– Stretched, worn, or mangled tape
– Misaligned heads or rollers
– Sticky reels
– Demagnetized tape
– Magnetized heads
– Inherant noise problems worsened by
– Overzealous audio compressors / limiters
– Poor quality ‘consumer grade’ electronics
– Variation between different machines
Just like vinyl, the qualities of video tape have the ability to instantly invoke the feel of a certin era. It was considered crap at the time, but then again so were analog synthesizers.
The VideoTape plug-in for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 31.65 EUR.
More information: DyVision Works / VideoTape Emulator
DyVision Works has released Reverb Remover, an reverb removal effect plug-in for Windows.
It can remove reverb from an audio signal, and also has de-essing and background noise reduction capabilities. It is designed to be used as an insert effect on stereo audio signals.
DyVision Reverb Remover is NOT a gate or a transient shaper, but employs an entirely new approach to separate and remove reverb and leave you with a cleaner, ‘dryer’ signal.
Reverb Remover features
- Remove the reverb from an audio signal.
- Ideal for treating audio recorded in a less-than-perfect acoustic environment (eg. an echoey project studio or when on location).
- Unique proprietary algorithms (this is NOT another gate or a transient shaper).
- Incredibly simple to get the results you want with intuitive and minimalist controls.
- As a side benefit, Dyvision Reverb Remover also helps to de-ess an audio signal and reduce ambient background noise levels.
DyVision Reverb Remover is available to purchase as a VST effect plug-in for PC, for $49.37 USD. A fully functional demo is available to download from the website (inserts white noise every 30 seconds or so).
More information: DyVision Works / Reverb Remover