apeSoft has announced the release of iVCS3, an official emulation of the EMS VCS3 modular synthesizer, now available for iPad.
VCS3 portable semi-modular analog synthesizer now available for iPad.
The VCS3 has three oscillators (in reality, the first 2 oscillators are normal oscillators and the 3rd an LFO or Low Frequency Oscillator), a noise generator, two input amplifiers, a ring modulator, a 18dB/octave (pre-1974) or 24dB/octave (after 1974) voltage controlled low pass filter (VCF), a trapezoid envelope generator, joy-stick controller, voltage controlled spring reverb unit and 2 stereo output amplifiers.
Unlike most modular synthesizer systems which use cables to link components together, the VCS3 uses a distinctive patch board matrix into which pins are inserted in order to connect its components together.
The iVCS3 is available to purchase for $14.99 USD.
To celebrate the launch of iVCS3, the iDensity, iPulsaret, and Stria apps are on sale for $4.99 USD for 2 weeks.
More information: apeSoft
, effect plugins
, TSE Plugins
Posted in news
on Feb 17, 2014
TSE Audio has announced the release of its TSE X50 v2.0 – Rock/Metal Suite for Windows and Mac.
The suite includes the newly modeled X50 hi-gain amplifier.
TSE X50 version 2.0 is a complete suite for a quick guitar tone setup for rock and metal.
It’s using one of the most advanced modeling algorithms presented in a commercial plugin to this date, offering a real-time simulation of the electrical network in the stompbox/amp with acceptable cpu usage for modern processors.
TSE X50 2.0 Rock/Metal Suite features
- TSE808 – Our very popular screamer emulation now updated with improved even-harmonics etc.
- TSE X50 v2.0 – Hi-gain amplifier, completely re-modeled with new interconnecting algorithms.
- RACK – Tuner / Delay / Equalizer – Essential tools for getting that quick, good tone.
- Power Tubes – Select between using 6L6GC or EL34 pentode models.
- BIAS – Use the bias control to set the operating-point that suits you most. (Power Amp).
- Oversampling – Oversampling from to 2X to 8X + Automatic oversampling from 2X to 4X / 4X to 8X.
- Input Learn – Set your input-gain to a preferred setpoint automatically.
- Lower cpu usage.
- Zero-latency IR-loader with adjustable IR length.
- IR Analyzer – Compare IR length vs frequency in a graphical way.
- User IR Directory – Point X50 to your own IR collection.
- Movement Control – Poweramp to speaker emulation including your favorite IR into it’s process.
- Gate – A custom noise gate with adjustable Threshold / Attack / Release.
- DaFuk Tuner – High precision tuner for low-tuned guitars.
- King-Pong – Pong and asymmetric stereo delay.
- Aqualaser – Equalizer with HP/LP, Lowshelf/Highshelf, peakfilter.
- Zero-latency and topology preserving modeling throughout the entire signal chain.
- Included IR’s from Frozen Sun Audio, Trackmix Studio, GuitarHack, and Ryan Harvey Audio.
TSE X50 2.0 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 29.99 EUR until March 1st, 2014 (regular 49.99 EUR).
More information: TSE Audio / TSE X50 v2.0
AudioRealism has posted a teaser video for ABL3, hinting at development of an updated version of its Bass Line synthesizer instrument.
More 303? We’re going to have it. From the release of ABL1 in 2003 to ABL2 in 2007 we’re still striving to raise the bar in analog modeling and more specifically 303 emulation.
In 2014 we plan on raising this bar even further. Release date: TBA
More information: AudioRealism
2DaT has released Obxd, a free virtual analog synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Obxd is 2DaT’s take on Oberheim’s analog synthesizers.
Obxd is emulation of famous ob-x, ob-xa and ob8 synths.
While not copying originals, some of the features were taken to a better point.
32 and 64 bit versions included.
The plugin is a free download at KVR Audio.
More information: 2DaT Obxd
Slate Digital has introduced the Virtual Microphone System, a new microphone system which includes two microphones, a dual pre-amp converter, and a software plug-in module.
Using a super clean and transparent microphone and pre-amplification chain in conjunction with The VMS software, Slate recreates the color and character of some of the most beloved classic mic’s and pre-amps used in the recording industry.
Switch between a virtual 47 and a ribbon 121 and try them through different preamps. Or put a virtual 57 on a snare drum or guitar amp. Zero latency means you can record directly into your DAW using these virtual mics and preamps. And do it all at a fraction of the price!
Slate Digital does it again with another groundbreaking product from the guys who really love this stuff.
The VMS will be demonstrated at the Winter NAMM 2014, booth #6921.
More information: Slate Digital / Virtual Microphone System
McDSP has launched the Compressor Collection, a bundle of dynamic range processors for Reason, including the C670, FRG-4RE, and Moo Tube compressors.
Reason users rejoice! Now you can harness the legendary power of McDSP audio software within Reason as a Rack Extension!
Choose from 3 uniquely and meticulously hand-crafted compressors (or just get the entire collection) to add that warmth and presence that your music has been waiting for!
McDSP Compressor Collection features
- C670 Compressor – The C670 Rack Extension plug-in is a surprisingly flexible compressor in a three knob package. Modeled after vintage equipment valued at over $30,000, the C670 is as classic as they come, in a far more reliable software version complimented by new features not found in the original device.
- FRG-4RE Compressor – The FRG-4RE Rack Extension plug-in is a feed-forward reactive gain compressor (FRG), referred to by McDSP engineering staff as ‘the frog’. The FRG-4RE’s features include a modern compression topology, separately adjustable attack and release controls, and a wide compression ratio control spread, ranging from nearly 1:1 to 20:1.
- Moo Tube Compressor – The Moo Tube Rack Extension plug-in is a software emulation of modern tube based hardware compressors. When you want to fatten up your tracks, don’t have a cow. Get some Moo in your music with the Moo Tube compressor.
The Compressor Collection is available to purchase for 99 EUR. The Rack Extensions are also sold separately for 39 EUR each.
More information: McDSP / Compressor Collection
Icebreaker Audio has announced the Akebono Collection, a sample-based emulation of the Akebono Koto Synthesizer, a unique suitcase instrument from Japan.
Akebono was released exclusively in Japan some time in the 1980s. It was designed as a portable practice instrument for Koto players, and as such it features many unique features that are intended to make performing in the traditional style a lot easier than using a MIDI keyboard.
All sounds were meticulously sampled and integrated into in a custom Kontakt instrument that emulates the performance options available on the original hardware.
Akebono Collection features
- All 15 instrument sounds and 13 percussion sounds sampled.
- 24-bit 48kHz sample quality.
- Original performance features emulated with custom scripts.
- 7 impulse responses of the original speaker.
- 5 custom and easy-to-use effects: Amp, EQ, Mod, Echo, and Dynamics.
The Akebono Collection for Kontakt is available to purchase for £12.50 GBP. Requires full version of Kontakt 4 or 5.
More information: Icebreaker Audio / Akebono Collection
Sonic Charge has announced the release of Cyclone, a free software emulation of the Yamaha TX16W sampler from 1988.
Cyclone is a true low-level hardware emulator. It simulates all the important circuits of the Yamaha TX16W, including the main 68000 CPU, the properietary Yamaha DSP circuits, the 12-bit sample memory and the 400kHz non-linear DACs. Cyclone not only looks like a real TX16W, it sounds like a real TX16W and it runs the exact same software as a real TX16W.
That last sentence is worth elaborating on. We have not merely created a new virtual instrument with a vintage sound, neither is Cyclone an updated version of Typhoon. Cyclone features a full 68000 emulator that runs the exact same version of Typhoon that was released 14 years ago. This implies that using Cyclone will require a bit more effort than your average modern virtual instrument. But this can also be a very rewarding experience. Regard Cyclone as a time travel portal to an era from the past. The era of the monster dinosaur samplers.
Cyclone for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is a free download.
More information: Sonic Charge