Ichiro Toda has released version 1.13 beta 2 of the Windows version of Synth1, a freeware synthesizer instrument.
Synth1 is a software synthesizer. Functionally it is modelled on the Clavia Nord Lead 2 Red Synth.
Changes in Synth1 v1.13 beta2
- A new filter “LPDL” has been added in filter section.
- It is a low-pass filter modeled after the diode ladder mounted on TB303, etc.
- It is close to “LP24″ Because it is the filter of the fourth order, but it is fat and darker than “LP24″ feel.
- Lower frequency also increase the resonance does not decrease. I think that it fits well in the synth bass.
- This filter is over-sampling process if the sampling frequency is 44.1/48KHz.
- Accuracy of the square wave has been improved. (8 multiple detune of osc1 are excluded)
- Cut-off frequency of the “LP24″ is now moving more smoothly.
- Fixed a problem that a big noise has occurred at synth1 startup once in a while.
- Fixed a problem that the LFO is not synchronized with the DAW once in a while.
- Fixed a problem that the sound of synth1 is greatly changed once in a while when you change the sampling frequency in DAW.
- Fixed a problem that DAW is crushed once in a while when you change the sampling frequency in DAW.
The new beta is available to download for Windows (32/64-bit VST).
More information: Synth1
Sinevibes has launched Atom, a free filter effect plug-in for Mac.
Atom is a filter with focus on dynamic, tempo-synchronised modulation. It features five different resonant filter types each with three slope settings – up to super-steep -48 dB/octave. But what makes it special is its two modulators which feature multiple waveforms and run at rates from 1/128 note to 16 bars. Thanks to the chaos function which randomises the amplitude of each modulator cycle, as well as lag switch that smoothens the waveform curves, Atom allows you to easily create lively, elaborate filter effects that work perfectly for pretty much any kind of input source.
Atom is also the first Sinevibes plugin to feature a new interface design language that cleanly presents internal components and logical or audio connections between them. With immediate response and no menus to get lost in, Atom is a simple yet delightful tool that you will surely use a lot.
- Multi-mode filter with five types and –12/24/48 dB/octave slope steepness.
- Dual modulators with eight waveforms, per-cycle chaos function and shape lag on/off switch.
- Advanced transport sync algorithm with support for tempo and time signature automation.
- Extensive use of OS X Core Animation and Accelerate frameworks for hardware-accelerated graphics and audio processing.
Atom is a free download for Mac OS X 10.6 or later (32/64 bit AU).
More information: Sinevibes / Atom
Admiral Quality has released version 1.30 beta 1 of SCAMP, a resonant low/highpass analog model filter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
With the new SCAMP 1.30 update, including all new user interface support for x64 VST and AU on OSX plus a new key-file based authentication system, we’re going back to Beta to make sure all the new changes are working perfectly.
To encourage you to buy in early, we’ll be keeping SCAMP at HALF PRICE during the Beta period!
SCAMP for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $34.97 USD during the 1.30 beta test period (regular $69.95 USD).
More information: Admiral Quality / SCAMP
, effect plugins
, instrument plugins
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in news
on Jun 11, 2014 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique has announced a sale on the Cableguys Bundle as part of its partner focus.
The company started in 2007, and has produced a number of clever, unusual and useful audio plugins including Curve, FilterShaper, VolumeShaper, MidiShaper and PanCake. Press has been good, and from the comfort of their Berlin office, the Cableguys continue to build unique audio software.
For this week only we have the Cableguys Complete Collection or an exclusive 30% off!
Cableguys Bundle features
- Curve 2 is a software synthesizer with an irresistible waveform editor, huge sound library and slick interface. Ideal for both experimentation and detailed tweaking at an excellent sound quality.
- FilterShaper 3 takes a giant leap into unconventional sound design with two powerful filters, freely editable modulation curves, and an immensely flexible modulation framework.
- VolumeShaper 3 is a plugin for shaping and automating the levels of any audio signal. From signature pumping effects to extreme gating, from tempo-synced stutter to precise sample-shaping, VolumeShaper provides a wealth of creative musical effects with a visual approach to volume.
- MidiShaper is powered by Curve’s unique modulations engine, MidiShaper brings Curve’s flexible yet powerful LFOs and envelopes to all your favorite synthesizers and effects.
The bundle is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) at a 30% discount until June 19th, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Cableguys Bundle
Tone2 Audiosoftware has posted some more information on its upcoming Electra 2 synthesizer instrument.
An overview video of Electra2′s effects section.
All customers who order ElectraX before the release of Electra2 will be able to upgrade to Electra2 for free.
More information: Tone2 Audiosoftware / ElectraX
Cableguys has announced updates for all its instrument and effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
We’ve just updated all our products. The new versions contain UI fixes and — more importantly — fix a crash bug for Curve’s, FilterShaper’s and WaveShaper CM’s intern MIDI automation.
Download the new versions of Curve, FilterShaper, VolumeShaper, MidiShaper and PanCake right from our website.
You can get Curve 2 CM and WaveShaper CM for free with Computer Music Magazine and Curve 2 BE for free with the German Beat Magazine. If you already own them, simply click the “Check for updates” link within the plugins.
More information: Cableguys
B. Serrano has launched IO, a free multi-fx plug-in for Windows.
B. Serrano’s IO comprises 5 envelope driven effects.
IO is a set several effects. These effects are driven by a sophisticated GUI envelope.
Default time value is in second. Duration is theoretically infinite
So this envelope can run from 1 nanosecond to several minutes, hours…
- Paraphonic multifilter: LP, HP, BP, Peak, Cascade filtering up to 4 stages (stack).
- Stereo Phaser: 4, 8 or 12 stages.
- Multi level adjuster.
- Multi level Auto-Pan.
- Ring Modulator.
- Advanced GUI envelope up to 32 stages: Loopable or 1 shot, Host-Bpm syncable, Individual curve-type for each segment, High precision editing.
IO for Windows (VST) is available to download as freeware.
More information: B. Serrano / IO