Samplephonics has released Acoustic Soul Sessions, a collection of guitar loops.
Acoustic Soul Sessions contains a stunning collection of beautiful acoustic guitar loops, recorded through a vintage analogue chain and expertly played by session guitarist Chris Sharkey. This guy knows a thing or two about how to play the guitar!
The sample library pack contains over 250 loops and samples in 24 Bit wav, split over 5 tempos from 70bpm to 120bpm, in a variety of laid back styles, perfect for soulful rnb, singer songwriter, folk, chillout, hip hop and pop. Samples are grouped together so they can be easily layered, or used individually as required.
The sample library costs £34.70 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics / Acoustic Soul Sessions
Kuassa has released a Rack Extension version of Amplifikation Creme, a guitar amp simulation.
It features a digitally engineered head and matching cabinet with built-in overdrive sections, based on three legendary overdrive pedals, giving you full control of intense, dynamic, harmonically-rich distortion.
Kuassa Amplifikation Creme is a definite must-have addition for fans of the Amplifikation Vermilion. Distinguished by its darker, fuller, and heavier tone, akin to high-end high-gain tube guitar amplifiers, Creme’s three amp types and channels will bring you closer to the end of your search for the perfect tone.
Amplifikation Creme features
- Built-in overdrive section with 3 selectable types.
- 3 amp types: Sharp FMV, Full Midtone Baxandall, and Big Heavy.
- 3 selectable channels: Clean, Lead I, and Lead II with a fuller bottom-end.
- 5 types of 4×12 cabinets with 4 microphones.
- Freely adjustable dual-miking configurations.
- Built-in Noise Gate and Limiter.
- CV inputs for Global input-output, noise gate, FX, and amp.
- Straightforward and easy to use interface.
The Amplifikation Creme Rack Extension costs 32 EUR.
More information: Kuassa / Amplifikation Creme
Ample Sound has released version 1.2.5 of the AGM, AGT & AGL, version 1.3.5 of AGP, and version 1.1.5 of the AGML Ample Guitar plug-ins.
Changes in Ample Guitar
- Improved guitar doubling effects, more humanized.
- Fixed the bug where the sequencer stops playing when DAW is loop playing.
- Added a function that enables the pitch wheel to control/pitch bend a designated note when multiple notes are sounding.
- Fixed a sound glitch (white noise bug) occurred in strum mode, when the chord defining notes and strumming notes are triggered simultaneously.
- Updated Ample Guitar Standalones to 1.1.0; refined Audio/MIDI settings UI; supported user-defined tempo in standalones; supported ASIO devices on Windows.
- Fixed a pitch wheel offset bug which used to happen in AGF, AGG and AGP during automation.
The updates are available to Ample Guitar customers in their MyAmpleSound accounts.
More information: Ample Sound
The Drum Broker has announced Bars, Keys & Anomalies, a sample pack by MSXII Sound Design.
The success of the Unkempt Breaks inspired a lot of this work, but with a different spin…added notes, melodies, grooves, riffs and such by way of a vintage drum kit, live bass and electric guitar, vibraphone, and Fender Rhodes 73. The entire experience was captured and condensed to show the details of the creation process. Peepeth!
The groove, styles, and feel of the late 60′s & early 70′s was at the forefront of the recording and mixing process. The “Bars, Keys, and Anomalies” recording chain consisted of an Avantone CV-12 through Universal Audio 8110 preamps through an SSL Duality for the majority of the recording. The sample pack is full of both warmth and dirt; ready to hit your sampler!
Bars, Keys & Anomalies features
- 48k/24bit recorded Live Drums, Bass, Fender Rhodes 73, Vibraphone and Electric Guitar.
- Vintage one-mic technique used with an Avantone CV-12 during most of the recording.
- Composed with the grooves, styles, and feel of the late 60′s and early 70′s soul.
- Uncompressed, multi-tracked .wav files for optimal mixing/mastering.
- Compatible with all major software DAWs including; Ableton Live, Apple Logic, ProTools,FLStudio,Propellerheads Reason, etc.
- Compatible with all hardware samplers that accept the WAV file format; Maschine, Akai MPC samplers, Roland MV8000, Yamaha samplers, etc.
The sample pack costs $24.99 USD. It is also available bundled with The Unkempt Breaks Collection at a 20% savings.
More information: Drum Broker / Bars, Keys & Anomalies
, ring modulator
Posted in news
on Oct 08, 2013
Moog Music has announced 5 new Minifooger analog effects pedals for guitar and bass.
The Minifoogers place legendary Moog quality, tone and versatility into a compact, rugged housing designed to withstand the tortures of touring and daily abuse.
Today we announce the launch of the Minifooger Analog Effects family – a series of compact – easy to use stomp boxes designed primarily for use with electric guitar and bass. Each Minifooger is housed in a rugged cast aluminum enclosure and features a 100% analog signal path, true bypass design, optional battery power, and a single expression pedal input that can also be controlled via CV.
The Minifooger Analog Effects family is launching with 5 compact stomp boxes – the MF Drive, MF Boost, MF Delay, MF Ring, and MF Trem. Each pedal is 100% analog, designed and hand assembled in Moog’s factory in Asheville, North Carolina and carries a US street price below $200. Two videos can be seen on our site featuring artists experimenting with the Minifoogers: Troy Van Leeuwen, guitarist for the band Queens of The Stone Age takes a more classic approach; and Xander Singh and Ian Hultquist of Passion Pit explores the other worldly side of the Minifoogers.
We are extremely pleased to introduce the Minifoogers and hope that guitar and bass players enjoy years of artistic expression with them.
Minifoogers Analog Effects
- The MF Drive (MSRP $179 USD) is a filter-based overdrive pedal employing a Moog Ladder Filter, boutique FET amplifiers, and OTAs in its drive section making it highly reactive to picking dynamics. The panel features a bi-polar tone control and sweepable filter that work dynamically with input gain to offer each player unique and customizable sounds that retain the core timbre of their instrument. A filter Peak switch shifts harmonic content to the filter’s cutoff position, adding new tonal creation and dirty wah performance possibilities not found in other drive pedals.
- The MF Boost (MSRP $149 USD) is a selectable topology boost pedal that allows the player to switch between an “articulate VCA” signal path and a “colored OTA” signal path. Each is tailored to deliver boutique amplifier sound and responsiveness from any guitar/amplifier combination. The design also imparts natural compression to an input signal, which brings out note articulation and significantly increases the performance of other effects pedals. When paired with an expression pedal, the MF Boost can be used as a tone enhancing volume pedal, sweepable-gain boost pedal, and VCA. The expression pedal input also provides access to higher gain values not available on the panel.
- The MF Delay (MSRP $209 USD) features 35mS-700mS of completely analog delay time. At shorter settings, repeats are fast and bright for creating classic slap-back and plate sounds. At medium and long settings the repeats become darker and naturally trail into reverb-like state. A Drive circuit allows the player to adjust the tone and feel of the MF Delay as well as overdrive the Bucket Brigade Delay line, and the input of a guitar amplifier for bigger sound and feel. Also, the expression pedal input is switchable between feedback for expressive swells and delay time for tape delay and chorus/flange effects.
- The MF Ring (MSRP $159 USD) is an analog ring modulator that is based on the world’s best selling Ring Mod, the Moogerfooger MF-102. Its refined frequency range and tone voicing circuit add new-musical elements to ring modification, making it easy to dial in everything from octaves and choral dissonance to harmonic undertones and synthesized lead lines. The expression pedal input provides hands-free control of the Freq parameter for sound sweeps, pitch shifting effects, and playing between two scales on the fly.
- The MF Trem (MSRP $189 USD) is an analog tremolo pedal designed around a balanced modulator and Sub Audio VCO. This design creates a wide range of effects that are based on phase cancellation and addition. Players can create classic optical tremolo, hard tremolo, rotary effects and more that react dynamically to harmonic content. A variable Shape control interacts with Tone and Mix to craft subtle swells and gallops to rhythmic percussive, and swirling effects. When pushed, the MF Trem can also approach the beginnings of phasing and chorus. The expression pedal input adds control of the Speed parameter for hands-free swells and rotary effects.
The Minifooger pedals are available for preorder from all authorized Moog dealers. Shipping starts in October, 2013.
More information: Moog / Minifooger