, samples and sound libraries
, Toby Baker
Posted in news
on May 26, 2014 - 0 comments
Samplephonics has launched 20 Multi-Sampled Moogtastic Bass Patches, a collection of synthesizer bass samples & patches by Toby Baker.
A collection of 20 multi-sampled bass one shots recorded from a classic Minimoog synthesiser, packed full of full fat analogue tones, ready loaded in your choice of sampler instrument, including EXS24, Reason NN-XT, Kontakt, Ableton Sampler, Motu MachFive, Steinberg Halion and SFZ.
Recorded and programmed by our main man Toby Baker from his personal synth collection, the sounds have a distinct timbre that to this day has never been fully replicated.
The pack is available for purchase for £5 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics
Steinberg has launched a Valentine’s Day Sale, offering a 50% discount on selected products.
Will you be celebrating this Valentine’s Day with flowers and chocolates, or possibly a candle-light dinner with your loved one? Why not treat yourself to a little something too on the most romantic day of the year?
Steinberg has the perfect gift for you: from February 14 to 16 you can save big on all trial versions included with Cubase and Cubase Artist! HALion Sonic 2, WaveLab Elements 8, The Grand SE 3 and many other instruments and effects are available at 50% off!
So take us up on our irresistible half-price offer and purchase now to unlock the trials.
The sale ends February 16th, 2014.
More information: Steinberg / Valentine’s Day Sale
Patchpool has announced the release of Sonic Cinema for HALion 5, a sound library featuring cinematic soundscapes, evocative pads and musical textures designed for producing epic soundtracks, ambient music and anything that needs inspiring sonic ingredients beyond the ordinary.
Sonic Cinema also contains dark cinematic brass instruments made with/derived from sampled instruments like the sousaphone, trombone, euphonium and french horn which were exclusively multisampled for this library, mainly in a dry studio environment. Some of the french horn recordings were conducted in a church.
Then there are also sounds in this library made with/derived from a multisampled acoustic guitar played with an electric bow and you will find some beautiful and otherworldly chime and glass sounds. Scraped Tamtam sounds add another mysterious dimension to this sound collection. Some playful and complex sequencers as well as some metal impact sounds derived from field recordings complete the sonic picture.
The 92 patches combine HALions outstanding granular engine, the normal sampling mode and the very versatile synth module. Eight Macros and the Modwheel are programmed for each preset which enables the user to deeply interact with the sounds, many patches also use Aftertouch, Sphere-modulation and keyswitches. FlexPhrasers and Trigger Pads were used to create the arp and sequencer patches.
The library is available to purchase for 59 EUR. Full version of HALion 5 is required.
More information: Patchpool / Sonic Cinema for HALion 5
Steinberg has announced version 7.5 of its Cubase and Cubase Artist music production systems, a considerable update with many workflow enhancements, new instruments and new effects.
Version 7.5 incorporates important workflow enhancements, version updates to its instruments and new effects to further the impressive feature set of Cubase and increase professionals’ productivity when producing music.
“The mix of highly effective editing and workflow enhancements, new instruments and studio-grade effects makes 7.5 one of the most beneficial Cubase releases since SX 1. I’m confident that this version will boost the creative output of our users and underline its position as DAW of choice for the most renowned producers today,” comments Helge Vogt, product marketing lead at Steinberg.
Changes in Cubase 7.5
- TrackVersions: Playlists for creating, renaming and managing parallel variations of tracks.
- Track visibility: Shows only the tracks you want to see in the Project window.
- Instrument (t)rack 2.0: Supports multi-outputs and multi-inputs, and merges instrument tracks with the Instrument Rack.
- HALion Sonic SE 2: Giving you tons of fresh new sounds plus a totally new synth.
- Groove Agent SE 4: With over 120 drum kits and smart user interface for creating beats and hits in no time.
- New construction kits: Adding flavor to your productions and giving you new song ideas.
- LoopMash FX: For real-time modern-style breaks, tape-stops, stutters and more.
- REVelation: Super-smooth and silky-sounding algorithmic reverb that brings back the memories of those old fancy hardware units.
- Magneto 2: Adding warmth to your tracks.
- VST Connect SE 2 (available in Cubase 7.5 only): Unique remote recording plug-in now with MIDI data transmission.
- Transient navigation: Tab to transients on audio events in the Project window thanks to the new instant hitpoint navigation.
Cubase 7.5 and Cubase Artist 7.5 full versions will be available from December 4, 2013, priced at MSRP 599 EUR and 299 EUR respectively. Prices including German VAT.
Customers who have activated previous Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 versions since October 15, 2013, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to version 7.5.
More information: Steinberg / Cubase
Patchpool has announced Sonic Cinema, a sound library for the HALion 5 instrument from Steinberg.
This sound library comprises dozens of cinematic soundscapes, evocative pads and musical textures designed for producing epic soundtracks, ambient music and anything that needs inspiring sonic ingredients beyond the ordinary.
Sonic Cinema also contains dark cinematic brass instruments made with/derived from sampled instruments like the sousaphone, trombone, euphonium and french horn which were exclusively recorded for this library, mainly in a dry studio environment. Some of the french horn recordings were conducted in a church.
The patches will combine HALions outstanding granular engine, the normal sampling mode and the very versatile synth module. Eight Macros and the Modwheel are programmed for each preset to enable the user to deeply interact with the sounds, some patches also use Aftertouch, Sphere-modulation, FlexPhrasers and keyswitches.
The library will be distributed as a protected HALion sound-archive for the sample content and tagged vst3-presets.
The soundset will comprise ~100 presets (2.5 to 3GB of samples) and is scheduled for release in January 2014. A pre-order of the library is now available for 44 EUR, a 20% discount on the regular price of 55 EUR.
More information: Patchpool / Sonic Cinema
Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Nov 05, 2013 - 0 comments
Steinberg has announced the Cubase BackPack, a portable recording and production solution featuring Cubase Artist 7 and the UR22 interface that ensures a charitable contribution to sustainable development in Africa.
“With Cubase BackPack, we’re offering immediate savings on Cubase Artist and the UR22 audio interface,” comments Stefan Schreiber, product marketing manager at Steinberg. “But more importantly, by teaming up with Joint Aid Management, every purchased bundle supports a child in Africa with food for an entire month.”
Cubase Artist 7 includes eight VST instruments including HALion Sonic SE, the Padshop granular synth and Retrologue plus a suite of 43 audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors.
The UR22 USB 2.0 audio interface boasts 192 kHz audio quality, with two TRS/XLR combo inputs, two TRS outputs, MIDI connectivity and a single headphone output for latency-free monitoring. Its two studio-grade D-PRE mic preamps provide switchable phantom power for using all types of microphones.
Steinberg is donating a portion of the profits from the Cubase BackPack sales to Joint Aid Management, a humanitarian organization that offers sustainable development in Africa since 1984 and currently helps around 1,000,000 children through its nutritional feeding program.
Head of JAM Deutschland Sabine Wenz says: “We’re happy about the smooth cooperation with Steinberg, and their contribution to our cause.”
Cubase BackPack features
- Cubase Artist 7 music production system with complete audio/MIDI recording, editing and mixing tools.
- UR22 24-bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface with 2 D-PRE Class-A discrete mic preamps supporting +48 V.
- Analog 2 in and 2 out plus headphone output with individual volume control.
- MIDI input and output for connecting of external gear.
- Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation.
- Includes 8 outstanding virtual instruments with over 2,000 presets, including new HALion Sonic SE workstation, Padshop granular synth and Retrologue virtual analog synth plus MPC-style Groove Agent ONE drum machine.
- Comes with a suite of 43 audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors, including Pitch Correct for vocal intonation correction, VST Amp Rack guitar tone suite, DJ-EQ and MorphFilter.
- Latency-free hardware-based monitoring with a Mix knob.
- Cross-platform 32-/64-bit software application and drivers for Windows and Mac OS X Intel.
Cubase BackPack is available at selected Steinberg resellers for MSRP 349 EUR, including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / Cubase BackPack
, drum machine
, samples and sound libraries
, Wave Alchemy
Posted in news
on Aug 23, 2013 - 0 comments
Wave Alchemy has announced an update to the Complete Drums Bundle, the complete Wave Alchemy drum sample catalogue at a greatly reduced price.
Purchase our ENTIRE drum sample catalogue at a bargain price! Complete Drums includes 18,776 (yes, 8421!) pristinely produced 24-bit electronic drum samples.
A great chance for first time customers to sample our award winning drum sounds, Complete Drums bundles together and includes ALL of our drum libraries to date!
Complete Drums Bundle features
- Synth Drums – Ten Vintage synthesizers expertly programmed to create a ground-breaking Drum Library, our most comprehensive and intricately designed to date.
- Drum Tools 01 Deluxe – Over 5800 unique electronic drum samples which have been crafted from the ground upwards by the creative layering and processing of drum machines, exotic synthesizers & field recordings!
- Syncussion Drums – 1885 beautifully crafted drum samples from the ultra-rare and extremely raw sounding Pearl Syncussion SY-1 analogue drum synthesizer! Also includes 800 drum hits recorded to 1/4” tape via a Studer A80 tape machine.
- Drum Machine Collection – 3200 expertly crafted drum sounds from the most sought-after drum machines in existence! Sound sources include the Roland TR-808, TR-909 and TR-606. Jomox AIRBase99, XBase 999 and Mbase 11. Vermona DRM MK11, MFB Schlagzwerg and Drumfire DF-2000.
- Tech House & Minimal (Drums only) – 401 drum sounds taken from our popular Tech House & Minimal library. Expect punchy drums and creatively glitched percussion sounds.
- Deep Tech & Progressive (Drums only) – 662 drum sounds taken from our Deep Tech & Progressive library. Expect to find deep kicks, snappy snares and a huge folder of synthetic / tribal percussive type affairs.
- Paperskins Snare Toolkit – A hand crafted collection of ‘filthy’ snare drum samples and layering tools, including 633 cutting edge sounds and blending components!
- 18,776 24-bit 100% royalty free electronic drum hits.
- 2.74GB unzipped.
- 234 pre-mapped drum kits including sampler patches for Battery, Kontakt, Reason NNXT, Halion, EXS24 and SFZ.
- 2 Ableton Live packs.
The Complete Drums Bundle is available to purchase for £149.95 GBP.
More information: Wave Alchemy / Complete Drums Bundle