Native Instruments has announced the release of Traktor Kontrol S8, a DJ controller featuring innovative touch-sensitive controls and full-color displays, a 4-channel standalone mixer, extensive audio interface, and enhanced performance decks for advanced integration of TRAKTOR PRO 2’s Remix Decks.
Designed to maximize creative expression, TRAKTOR KONTROL S8’s deck sections and workflow simplify live editing and remixing to introduce a different paradigm in DJ performance. New performance tools such as Freeze Mode take a snapshot of a running track and enable detailed slicing for instant live improvisation and an element of spontaneity.
The dedicated Remix Deck View provides hands-on control of Remix Sets, samples, and loops while monitoring a deck in full-view on the S8’s displays.
TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 not only delivers dynamic new touch-and-see workflow, but adds unprecedented flexibility with both classic and modern mixing media. Digital DJs can fine-tune mixes with two wide touch strips for precise track seeking and pitch-bending directly on the unit. Standalone mixer functionality offers connectivity for up to four turntables or CDJs – perfect for analog or timecode vinyl/CD control with the included TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2 software. Remix Deck functions can even be controlled with timecode media for extended hybrid analog-digital control.
Central to the TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 experience, its advancements in hardware design deliver uncompromising, professional build quality unmatched even in products exceeding its price-tier. The 4-channel standalone mixer features a detachable fader panel fitted with patented inverse carbon strip faders that exponentially reduce dust and wear.
Faders can be replaced for maintenance on the unit, prolonging the S8’s lifespan. The XLR, ¼”, and RCA signal outputs from the extensive on-board audio interface surpass that of any current TRAKTOR product, and easily rival CDJ output levels.
Traktor Kontrol S8 is now available for purchase for $1199 USD / 1199 EUR.
More information: Native Instruments / Traktor Kontrol S8
MOTU has announced it is now shipping the 24Ai and 24Ao, two new audio interfaces that offer 24 channels of high-quality analog audio input or output in a single rack space, combined with three banks of ADAT optical, for a total of 72 channels of I/O.
All analog I/O is supplied on standard DB-25 D-sub connectors or 12-pin Phoenix (Euroblock) connectors for studio and industrial installations alike. Similar to the 1248, 8M and 16A models released by MOTU earlier this year, the 24Ai and 24Ao are equipped with DSP-driven mixing/effects and AVB Ethernet. With all five interface models, users can mix and match complementary I/O configurations and unify operation on their shared AVB audio networking platform.
“If you need lots of high-quality line-level analog I/O, the 24Ai and 24Ao are the perfect solution,” said Jim Cooper, Director of Marketing at MOTU. “They’re incredibly flexible, too. You can use them as an audio interface, optical expander, or network extension for a MOTU AVB system, complete with internal mixing, routing and effects, plus wireless control over all settings.”
- Superb audio quality — Employs the same industry-recognized analog design as MOTU’s groundbreaking 1248, 8M and 16A audio interfaces.
- 72 simultaneous audio channels — 24 high-quality, balanced analog inputs (24Ai) or outputs (24Ao) on three banks of multi-channel connectors (D-sub and Phoenix), plus three banks of 8-channel ADAT optical for 24 analog channels and 48 digital channels.
- Universal connectivity — Connects to a computer with audio class compliant high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Discovery app and web app software works alongside any host audio software.
- On-board DSP with mixing and effects — Flexible 48-input digital mixer modeled after large format mixing consoles, with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate, and compression.
- 32-bit floating point processing — DSP-driven mixing and effects engine delivers virtually unlimited headroom and the utmost in sound quality.
- Modeled vintage effects processing — Classic reverb. Compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A compressor. EQ modeled after British analog console EQs.
- System expansion — Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (24Ai, 24Ao, 1248, 8M or 16A) with a simple Cat-5e Ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately).
- AVB audio networking — Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Matrix routing and splitting — Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network.
- Web app control — Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone mixing with wireless control — Connect an Apple Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router directly to the 24Ai or 24Ao with a standard Ethernet cable and control powerful mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live sound mixing.
- ADAT digital I/O — Use the 24Ai or 24Ao as a 24-channel optical expander for other gear. 24 channels at 44.1/48 kHz or 12 channels at 88.2/96 kHz.
- Comprehensive metering — The large backlit 324 x 24 LCD lets you view all signal activity at a glance with detailed metering for all analog and digital I/O. Access hardware settings from a simple and convenient menu.
- AudioDesk 4.0 — Includes AudioDesk workstation software with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.
The 24Ai and 24Ao are now shipping, priced at $995 USD each.
More information: MOTU / 24Ai & 24Ao
Digitech has announced the release of the JamMan Vocal XT, a new stompbox looper that makes looping easier than ever before by giving vocalists the ability to create harmonies or rhythmic counterpoints with simple presses of a footswitch.
A vocalist can connect their favorite mic directly to the JamMan Vocal XT and its built-in studio quality dbx® mic preamp with phantom power will retain true vocal tone ensuring original vocals and loops sound crystal clear.
The JamMan Vocal XT features up to 10 minutes of stereo looping and SilentClear™ technology, which clears the pedal’s loop memory without starting playback first. The pedal also provides the ability for a vocalist to link together multiple JamMan Vocal, Express or Solo XT’s through an innovative pedal-linking capability called JamSync.
JamMan Vocal XT features
- 10 minutes of looping time.
- Built-in dbx® Mic Preamp.
- +48V Phantom Power.
- XLR Input & Output.
- JamSync™ – automatically synchronizes with other JamSync-enabled JamMan pedals.
- Silent Clear™ – clears loop memory without starting playback first.
- Separate LEDs for Record, Overdub, and Play Status.
- Unlimited Overdubs with Undo and Redo.
- Included 9VDC Power Supply.
- Durable metal chassis and footswitch.
- 24-bit 44.1kHz sample rate.
The JamMan Vocal XT is available for purchase for a suggested retail price of $229.95 USD.
More information: Digitech / JamMan Vocal XT
Audio Damage has announced the release of Sequencer 1, a full-featured CV/gate sequencer for the Eurorack modular synthesis system.
Our goal, when creating Sequencer 1, was to make the most sophisticated sequencer for Eurorack, and we believe we’ve achieved that goal.
The complete feature list of Sequencer 1 is too long for this e-mail. Highlights include 1V/Oct and Hz/Volt operation for control of virtually all vintage and modern non-MIDI equipment, SD card (on back of unit) for storage and extremely simple firmware updates, ratcheting and Replicant-style repeats available from the front panel, three (!) tempo-synced LFOs with over 20 waveforms, up to 64 steps per pattern, and multiple modulation targets.
We are incredibly proud of this, our flagship product, and have an update roadmap for some absolutely ludicrous features.
Sequencer 1 is available for purchase for $699 USD.
More information: Audio Damage / Sequencer 1
Rob O’Reilly has launched a Kickstarter project for Expressiv, a plug and play MIDI guitar system that brings electronic sounds to real guitar in a whole new way.
Existing MIDI systems for real guitars track the pitch from the sound of the string which results in latency and annoying tracking problems.
Expressiv is the first and only system that uses a smart fretboard scanner to know which notes you are pressing, the same way that keyboardists get a note when they press a key.
This leaves your strumming hand free to control any parameters such as pitch bend, modulation and octave shift using the onboard touchpad, joystick and buttons. With the flick of a switch, you can change from synthesizer control to standard guitar functionality.
Now guitarists of all levels have access to the sounds that until now were only available to keyboard players, and whats more, at an affordable price.
The Kickstarter project aims raise 15,000 EUR by November 25th, 2014.
More information: Rob O’Reilly Guitars / Expressive at Kickstarter
More posts that match this tag
M-Audio has announced it has upgrades to its M-Track series audio interfaces. The M-Track and M-Track Plus now feature a rugged all-metal chassis and studio–quality audio performance, and an expanded software suite is included with … read more
Elektron has announced that its Octatrack 8 track performance sampler instrument is back in stock. A new OS 1.25C update fixes several bugs and offers stability improvements. Swedish music machine maker Elektron has received a … read more
Source Audio has announced the release of the Soundblox 2 Stingray multi-filter pedal. Since the introduction of the Hot Hand Wah back in 2006 and the Soundblox Bass Envelope Filter in 2011, Source Audio has … read more
Mackie has introduced the DL32R, a powerful new 32-channel digital mixing system completely controlled wirelessly from Mackie’s intuitive Master Fader iPad app. The DL32R features complete wireless control over everything, including fully-loaded DSP and multi-track … read more
Arturia has announced the availability of its MicroBrute SE, a limited edition analog synthesizer instrument. MicroBrute SE synthesizer is a limited edition of a pure analog sonic powerhouse . Small in size but loaded with … read more
TASCAM has announced the US-16×08, a 16-in/8-out USB audio/MIDI interface with advanced features to manage big sessions. Eight Ultra-HDDA microphone preamps deliver the cleanest and quietest specifications in their class while delivering up to 56dB … read more
Native Instruments has officially announced Traktor Kontrol S8, a new all-in-one DJ controller designed for state-of-the-art Traktor Pro 2 control. Offering DJs an entirely new performance dynamic, TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 is a breakthrough innovation built … read more
Avid has announced new licensing for Pro Tools, adding value for Pro Tools | Software and Pro Tools | HD Software by including upcoming features – such as future cloud collaboration capabilities, as well as … read more
Avid has introduced the Pro Tools | S3 desktop control surface, a streamlined, versatile mixing solution that gives sound engineers the powerful, intelligent control they need to work more ergonomically and efficiently, create the highest-quality … read more
PreSonus has announced the Temblor T8, an active subwoofer monitor speaker. Designed for critical listening in the studio or at home, the PreSonus® Temblor® T8 active subwoofer complements any full-range monitoring system, making it ideal … read more
Universal Audio has announced worldwide availability of its new lineup of UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP accelerators. UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators are a sleek, powerful way for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac users to “supercharge” their systems and … read more
Bitwig has announced The Producer Packs, a new collaboration between Bitwig and Arturia. The Producer Packs combine Bitwig Studio’s unprecedented workflow possibilities with Arturia’s premium hybrid keyboard conrtollers: the KeyLab 25, 49, and 61. Also … read more
M-Audio announced the availability of its newly updated Oxygen Series MIDI keyboard controller line. The Oxygen series expand on playability and include a wide array of sounds with two virtual instruments for players, songwriters, and … read more
Apogee Electronics has announced its new Ensemble 30×34 Thunderbolt 2 audio interface for Mac. The all new Apogee Ensemble is the first Thunderbolt 2 audio interface to offer superior sound quality, the lowest latency performance … read more
Moog has announced the official worldwide release of the Werkstatt-Ø1 analog synthesizer Moogfest 2014 Kit, a patchable, 100% analog synthesizer whose design is based on classic Moog circuits. This highly-portable instrument is secured in a … read more